Hotel Swati Deluxe
US$95
US$86
US$69
Radisson Blu
The Leela Palace New Delhi(New Delhi)
US$272
US$28
US$83
US$63
  • Breakfast included
All reviewskarol baghbreakfast servedmetro stationcorn flakesroom servicedecent hotelthalistayed here for nightsswathigujaratpunjabihospitalitycleanliness
Reviewed February 29, 2012

I arrived at the hotel at 2:30 am, the room was not the one I had booked but after 24 hours travelling I didn't feel like starting a discussion. Next day I was moved to the room I had already paid for though Agoda. Clean, plenty of hot water, good selection of food for breakfast, the staff was frendly and ready to help. My suitcase didn't arrive with me so I asked the reception desk to call and make enquieries for me, no problem with that either. As I was travelling on my own and it was my first time in India I was a bit nervous about the choice of the hotel but apart from the fact that the street noise during the day is at a times hard to ignore, I had a good experience.
No silly glances, comments, etc from the staff, room service was delivered when requiered and check out was ready at 04 am the day I was due to leave!

Room Tip: corner rooms are noiser, bring your ear plugs!!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank angela p
Reviewed January 29, 2012

We were in Delhi on two different weekends and our tour placed in the Swati Deluxe both times.

We arrived at 2.30am and were taken to our "upgraded" superior room (309). It was cold in Delhi, about 5c, and the room was freezing and had no heating. The room was very basic and seem to have seen better days. Tried to take a shower but the water was icy cold. The wifi didn't work very well in the room - I think as a corner room it was too far from the router so it only worked properly when stood next to the door.

The complimentary breakfast is served in the restaurant next door and there is plenty of choice to start the day and the food was tasty.

I wasn't looking forward to going back to the hotel, even though it was only for 1 night but our room (305) was surprisingly good. Seemed to be a lot better decorated, was warm, the wifi worked perfectly and, best of all, the shower was hot and powerful - the best of the trip. What a difference a room can make!

My only negative was that at 7.45 in the morning whilst we were still sleeping, one of the staff pressed the doorbell and, without waiting, walked right into the room without apology.

I wasn't feeling so well in the morning but the staff from the restaurant were kind enough to deliver some room service to me.

The hotel location is good - nearby a large market and lots of restaurants (and a McD, KFC, Pizza Hut if you really need it) and also is less than a 5 minute walk to the Karol Bagh metro but prepare to get crushed on the train!

Room Tip: Don't get a corner room!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mrrfrost
Reviewed December 20, 2011

we reached Delhi at 4am and were shocked by the condition of our hotel which was booked by the tour organiser. luckily Swati was close by and we managed to booked in quickly and get a good nite's sleep. clean, cosy, a bit pricey, a bit noisy 4th floor where the staff seemed to shout to each other. but bathroom was clean and resto next door was good. thx for saving us.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Dirty hotel with dirty rooms,flooring,poor sleep quality,no fire exit plan,Lot of mosquitoes,incorrect length and size of bed,No ventilation, Old hotel not maintained

Only good point is location i.e. Karol Bagh

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Aman-Tekriwal
Reviewed December 1, 2011

A good hotel which is let down bad reception experience .Trying to get a towel took me twenty five minutes. Also note that when they take a booking triple the third person get to sleep on the
floor on a thin laid out mattress.,one gets charged for the third bed. Some of the rooms are past the use by date for the hotel charges.The "free"WiFi does not work and the mangment were not in a hurry to fix the problem.Try to get to hotel manager to problems fixed as no one else will.

Room Tip: Check out he rooms before checking in .
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family