“Dated and dirty hotel....Rude staff” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Ashiana

Hotel Ashiana
Ranked #496 of 1,034 New Delhi B&B and Inns
New Delhi, India
“Dated and dirty hotel....Rude staff”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2011

It is near to the railway station and my work place was also walking distance from here, so I booked this hotel. I stayed for two nights and I dont think I will stay here again. The room and the toilet were dirty and require renovation. The room was very small and had a tiny window. I had booked a Non-AC room but I shifted to an AC room next day. The Non-AC room was very small and suffocating. The carpets are torn and smelly. The tv was not working but I didnt have time to watch it or complain about it. The staff are rude and indifferent. Room service food was expensive and not at all good but there are plenty of restaurants nearby. They gave free internet in the AC room. The hotel was crowded and even late at night there was a lot of noise. They didn't change the towels or bedsheets. When I told them to change they behave das if they are doing a great favour.

Stay away from here....For the same price one can certainly get a better hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Rohit95

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2010

Stayed here during Commonwealth Games, the hotel didn't have email when i stayed so I wasn't able to make use of their free airport pick up offer.

On arrival they couldn't find my reservations, we were promptly given a key anyway and shown to our room. The room on initial inspection looked nice, however after we noticed the beds were rock hard, they had no second sheet or blanket, the toilet seat was broken, the sheets were slightly marked. The door didn't have a latch to close it from the inside, instead a bolt secured the door while you were on the inside.

The hotel is near a mass rickshaw station, not a real one just a heap of drivers are always gathered at the end of the st.

Very important take the hotel card with you as most drivers don't know street names, also rickshaws and taxis are for some reason reluctant to stop directly at the door of the hotel, so you will need to walk from either corner.

After the state of the room we didn't bother with looking at the breakfast menu. Mind you that when we ordered room service it didn't show up, we fell asleep waiting for the room service to arrive.

We booked the airport taxi service at the hotel, they took us to the wrong airport and then got angry when we had to get him to take us to the correct terminal.

I stayed here as it was cheap, but I am wishing that I paid more to stay somewhere else..

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank sarebear007

Travellers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Dehradun, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2010

Nice hotel, quiet clean, good service and quiet location.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank harjot1989
Milton, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2010

I booked this hotel online through another website. They didn't know anything about it themsselves and the photos looked very promising. I also reserved a taxi to pick me up from the airport which was coplimentary. The taxi did not show up and I had to arrange my own transportation - not fun for an India first-timer.

When I got there and asked about the ride they just shrugged and turned around to process my booking.

The room was very small and had a very dirty feel to it. The furniture was falling appart and the window was very small. What really urked me about the window was that it led to the extension of the building that theya re currentl;y working on which is all open. Someone could easily walk up to it and try to get in (did I mention that I was on the second floor?).

The sheets were stained and the towel looked gross and spotted. The carpet was dirty and the couch did not look pleasant. The TV could barely change channels (not that I turned it on much, TV isn't why I went to India).

All night I heard sounds outside my door - people ewalking by, someone hitting my door handle abruptly and moving on, talking, water running. What was worse, the hallway is open concept and opens on the the main street of Arakashan rd. which is completely noisy with honking and barking. During the night I could hear the dogs fighting and squeeling through my door. Needless to say I did not feel safe and when I did sleep it was with my belongings still packed and very close by.

The good thing about this hotel was that they have a computer with free internet.

I stayed there the morning I arrived in India, about 1:30am, and then during the day I found another hotel and switched promptly. I didn't mind giving up the night that I paid for to move on to something more comfortable.

I do think that I got taken advantage of and was given a cheap and dirty room because the rooms in their pictures look completely different, bigger, and in much better shape - or they could be inaccurate - I didn't bother inquiring.

This hotel wasn't too expensive, and would be good for someone who doesn't mind it's conditions and doesn't wake easily to random sounds, but if you're looking for value anf peace of mind, there are much better options in this area just around the corner or even a few steps away.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank AntonioOutThere
Kanpur
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2010

One of the good thing about the hotel is that it is very near to New Delhi Railway Station. The rooms are quite well off and the rates are also reasonable. The food is not at all good.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank raj_loverboy
Ghaziabad
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2010

HI, I had stayed here in Hotel Mela Plaza and found a class A services, rooms are neat and clean, food was very good, & the connectivity with the city was very good..
kudos...!!!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2009

This hotel is awful. The photos on the website of this hotel are a complete fabrication. It is NOT recently refurbished in fact it is filthy, disgustingly so. The furniture is so old it's falling to pieces. The bedding is dirty and stained. We immediately moved to another hotel. They also messed up the airport pick-up & we got our own taxi. I would warn anyone NOT to go there. The only service they did well was to move us to another hotel.

• Stayed March 2007, travelled with family