Hotel Ashiana
US$99
  • Restaurant
US$109
Radisson Blu
The Leela Palace New Delhi(New Delhi)
US$281
US$69
US$96
US$72
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$81/night.

US$86
US$72
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 31, 2010

Nice hotel, quiet clean, good service and quiet location.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank harjot1989
Reviewed June 25, 2010

I booked this hotel online through another website. They didn't know anything about it themsselves and the photos looked very promising. I also reserved a taxi to pick me up from the airport which was coplimentary. The taxi did not show up and I had to arrange my own transportation - not fun for an India first-timer.

When I got there and asked about the ride they just shrugged and turned around to process my booking.

The room was very small and had a very dirty feel to it. The furniture was falling appart and the window was very small. What really urked me about the window was that it led to the extension of the building that theya re currentl;y working on which is all open. Someone could easily walk up to it and try to get in (did I mention that I was on the second floor?).

The sheets were stained and the towel looked gross and spotted. The carpet was dirty and the couch did not look pleasant. The TV could barely change channels (not that I turned it on much, TV isn't why I went to India).

All night I heard sounds outside my door - people ewalking by, someone hitting my door handle abruptly and moving on, talking, water running. What was worse, the hallway is open concept and opens on the the main street of Arakashan rd. which is completely noisy with honking and barking. During the night I could hear the dogs fighting and squeeling through my door. Needless to say I did not feel safe and when I did sleep it was with my belongings still packed and very close by.

The good thing about this hotel was that they have a computer with free internet.

I stayed there the morning I arrived in India, about 1:30am, and then during the day I found another hotel and switched promptly. I didn't mind giving up the night that I paid for to move on to something more comfortable.

I do think that I got taken advantage of and was given a cheap and dirty room because the rooms in their pictures look completely different, bigger, and in much better shape - or they could be inaccurate - I didn't bother inquiring.

This hotel wasn't too expensive, and would be good for someone who doesn't mind it's conditions and doesn't wake easily to random sounds, but if you're looking for value anf peace of mind, there are much better options in this area just around the corner or even a few steps away.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank AntonioOutThere
Reviewed May 10, 2010

One of the good thing about the hotel is that it is very near to New Delhi Railway Station. The rooms are quite well off and the rates are also reasonable. The food is not at all good.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank raj_loverboy
Reviewed May 7, 2010

HI, I had stayed here in Hotel Mela Plaza and found a class A services, rooms are neat and clean, food was very good, & the connectivity with the city was very good..
kudos...!!!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2009

This hotel is awful. The photos on the website of this hotel are a complete fabrication. It is NOT recently refurbished in fact it is filthy, disgustingly so. The furniture is so old it's falling to pieces. The bedding is dirty and stained. We immediately moved to another hotel. They also messed up the airport pick-up & we got our own taxi. I would warn anyone NOT to go there. The only service they did well was to move us to another hotel.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with family