All reviews mid range hotel first floor room service rates hospitality
Reviewed December 12, 2017

The Hotel is near to IIT Delhi. Stayed for a night for work at IITD.
The reception was good and also breakfast not bad. But little problem was in the room toilet(water clogged) but the stuff resolved fast.

A good stay.

Room Tip: Try to take rooms in upper floors
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed November 20, 2017

Location - Its quite far from the airport and all the happening places of South Delhi
Rooms - Small, dingy, cluttered and not so clean. No Hot Water. No Mineral Water!
Food - Breakfast was almost like they feeding alms to beggars. I could throw up it was that bad
Service - The staff was unapologetic about all the inconvenience and didnt care much at all!
Total No No to stay here ever!

Room Tip: Do not stay here at all!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Eternal_Craving
Reviewed June 19, 2017

This awful B&B has nothing redeeming that I can mention in this review except the staff were polite and helpful. However, the rooms had little that made us feel comfortable. My partner refused to have a shower except that he was forced to as he was so hot and sticky. Everything in the room was either broken or mended with no thought to safety & hygiene. Breakfast was the same. Butter was melted and it was a meagre breakfast compared to other places we had stayed in India. No choice of bread except white. I could go on, suffice to say avoid at all cost!

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel!
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2017

This hotel seems to be old, but everything is functional. Amenities not different from any other value-for-money hotel, but it has a nice historical touch in it. Enjoyed every meal in the restaurant, "Days of Maha Raja", which always had classic Indian music on with it's Mughal vibe interior. Sometime I was the only customer though. Breakfast had little options, but tasted good. Front desk was always helpful, but room service often lacked the same charm.

Overall a very basic hotel and would rate it value for money. Would prefer over any other basic hotel due to the interior and historical vibe.

Room Tip: Get the room with window. Although there is no view, but you get a bit of sunlight.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed March 4, 2017

Years ago, I travelled India with a backpack and refused to pay anything more than about €10 per night. Even then, I don't remember staying in a place as bad as this hotel. I arrived into Delhi late and got to the hotel about 1am. Check-in was fairly efficient and I was shown to my room. Despite being one floor up, it felt like being in a basement. The room had no windows and was incredibly damp. So much so that I could literally feel moisture accumulating on my body. The fact that the bedsheets were wet was something of a give away...

I asked to me moved and, fair enough, they moved me. Down the same damp hallway to another room that was just as damp. Once more, I asked to be moved and, again, fair enough, they did. This time to a room that, if not exactly dry, was at least tolerable. This, though, came after a wait of half an hour or so, whilst they cleaned the room in question. It was probably about 0400 before I actually lay down in bed to go to sleep. And then the noise from the planes started... The first night, I managed about an hour and a half of broken sleep.

In fairness, the staff in the hotel are pretty friendly and were super helpful when I expressed dissatisfaction with the first two rooms. It's about the one saving grace, not least because communication was poor before I arrived. I received confirmation that my airport transfer had been arranged when I was on the plane. This came after three emails and a telephone call yielded nothing. Seriously, I know hotels in Delhi have a crummy reputation.

Having been to Delhi a couple of times before, I have low expectations of what I will find but this place is definitely the worst place I've ever stayed, in India or anywhere else. Please do not take this review as someone with unrealistic expectations. I've been to many far poorer parts of the world than India / Delhi and been to India multiple times. This is bad for India; objectively bad; not bad compared to one's expectations.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business