All reviews humayun's tomb nizamuddin train station home away from home guest house place to stay safe neighborhood gated community tuk tuk train tickets khan market first stop nice breakfast hot shower yogurt connaught place ajay delhi
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stayed for two nights at Eleven in Delhi at the end of our Rajasthan trip. I have no negative comments about this place, it was just outstanding in every way and one of the best places we stayed in India. I would recommend this place to anyone travelling to Delhi.

The host, Mr Anand, was very kind and responsive from the first email to our check out, organising me a packed breakfast due to my early morning departure. The rooms are large, with high ceilings, lovely garden outlook, great bathrooms (with a rare enclosed shower), super clean. It really felt like being in a lovely home. The breakfast included in the price was wonderful. Mr Anand also organised me a vegetarian thali dinner on the second night, which was delicious. A big thank you to Ajay and his team.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Melbgal1983
Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

Despite our late (2AM) arrival we have a great welcome.
Clean room
Clean shower
Great breakfast

And the owner is so nice.

A plus: free wifi and free Internet computer

The area is so calm you get up with birds

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I arrived in Delhi in late June, and lived at Eleven for two months while I was working in the Jangpura area. Ajay immediately made me feel at home, and was always willing to help me if I needed anything. He even packed me a lunch for my first day of work in case I had trouble finding restaurants in the area. Ajay received a panicked 3am phone call from me when I was stranded in Varanasi after missing my train, and promptly helped me to arrange alternate transportation home. I am grateful he is such a considerate person! The neighborhood felt safe, and it was within walking distance to both Nizamuddin Railway Station and plenty of rickshaws. There was also free unlimited coffee, tea and bottled water (which was a major plus). There's an on-site laundry service that was reasonably priced and convenient. The rooms and bathroom were clean, and the breakfasts? Oh my goodness, so delicious. I wholeheartedly recommend Eleven to anyone staying in the Delhi area!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2012

First off all before I get into the actual stay details I should mention that the overall customer experience was exemplary. We had planned a four day vacation in Delhi (including Agra). Ajay Anand the host, understood our requirements just right and accommodated all our travel needs. The vehicles arranged were on time and he made sure the vehicle drivers understood our itenerary clearly. We were given a local mobile phone (very useful if you want to save on the roaming rupees) and Ajay was always available on a call anytime of the day.
Unfortunately my son got sick during the trip and guess what, Ajay referred an excellent doctor in the neighbourhood.

The rooms were clean and beverages were included in the room rent. The lawns were well kept. The breakfast spread was good and there was quite a variety list of restaurants that delivered food on a call. The location of this stay was strategic, very close to the Lutyens New Delhi (Just 5 kms to India Gate), just a couple of kms from GK, Defence Colony.
Overall a hightly satisfactory experience. I would pick the place again the next time I am in Delhi.

Room Tip: The big room is really BIG.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We chose to stay at Eleven because of the reviews we had read on TripAdvisor and we were not disappointed. The location is excellent being very close to most of Delhi's sightseeing attractions. As you step out of your taxi and into the place it is like being in your own home with a lovely garden at the front and nice big rooms. It is also very quiet. Our children enjoyed playing in the garden and were excited to see squirrels in the morning.The breakfast is lovely, fresh and plenty of it. But the thing that really stands out is the owner's helpfulness during our stay. Ajay was great, he provided us with phones so we could ring if needed and gave us advice on the best way to get around. He even provided some beers on our last night! He made our stay really enjoyable and we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family