“Lovely Experience..”

and 1 more site!
Eleven
Ranked #7 of 1,146 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 February 2009

This is the second time I have stayed at 'Eleven' (was there early last year also)...

Mr Ajay Anand (the owner) and his staff have made both stays very pleasent and worth remembering.

The place is great - a colonial house in south Delhi which is neat, clean and well maintained.

For me the most important place in a hotel is bathroom and I daresay 'Eleven' has the best bathrooms for a mid level accomodation I have stayed in India - spotless, with glass shower enclosures (the water pressure could be better but is not less either).

Breakfast is not fancy but tasty - was also offerered a choice of Indian breakfast on this visit !

I am a coffee addict and at 'Eleven' one gets fresh brewed coffee at breakfast - not the instant stuff you get at other places.

Free tea, coffee, packaged drinking water and internet/wifi are nice touches.

Overall a very satisfying experience.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed 27 February 2009

We, a family of four, stayed for several nights in February and found the place very convenient and comfortable. The guesthouse is nicely centrally located, very clean and with good breakfast and free internet access. There is not much outside space for hanging out so it is mainly a place for having your breakfast and returning to late a night.
The owner was very helpful and attentive; e.g. stood up at 3 in the night to make sure that we got our taxi to the airport.
Accomodation in Delhi is not cheap, so though the rates may seem high compared to more luxurious heritage hotels in Rajastan, I would certainly recommend this guesthouse.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2009

We chose Eleven Delhi after reading previous reviews on Trip Advisor and were not disappointed.

Arriving in Delhi late at night, Ajay the owner had organised a driver for us. Probably costing a little more than if we had bartered with a driver at the airport - but worth it - we arrived safely at the secure location of his home to a lovely clean room.

After a good night sleep and a lovely breakfast (I had Indian), Ajay came to join us (as he did each morning) to discuss what we had planned for the day. Ajay wrote us a suggested itinerary for the day which included places we might like to visit, eating places and the approx. cost for taxis & autorickshaws - which was a big help as it made us feel more confident in our dealings with drivers. Ajay also arranged for one of his staff to escort us to a shop so we could organise a Delhi SIM card and collect paperwork from a travel agent a bit further up from where we were staying. ALL this was part of his service.

Once we were out and about in Delhi, it was very comforting knowing that we had a mobile contact in India should anything go wrong. Ajay was even so kind as to call us during one of our outings a few days later whilst 'exploring' Chandni Chowk - just to make sure everything in the Delhi Labyrinth was ok. :) :)

Our room at Eleven Delhi was clean, with a large & reasonably comfortable Indian style bed. I think most people who travel to India find the beds 'hard' compared to what we have at home. All things being equal - it was pretty good and we managed to sleep well at night.

The rooms are probably more 3 star - however for the price and the fact it was Delhi - which is quite expensive as far as accommodation goes - and the fact a good breakfast was included was well worth the price. Probably the only downfall was a slight musty smell under the bathroom cupboards - which was common as we travelled throughout India. A few mozzies were in the room, but a device was plugged into the wall at night to detract them. We certainly weren't bitten or disturbed at night by the mozzies. It was really no different to being at home in Australia. :)

The complex (Ajay's home) was secure with a room safe available. The staff - even though they spoke limited English were very polite and kind and only too pleased to assist. Eleven, really is a home away from home.

We were sad to leave Eleven and if we ever return to Delhi we would not hesitate to stay with Ajay again. Ajay is a great person & host who sincerely cares about making sure his guests are well looked after and safe.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2009

I am a solo female traveller and really appreciated the welcome & availability of Ajay and his staff. This was my last stay at the end of my trip to India, and I already knew how hospitable the Indians were, but I also knew that they weren't always on top of things, and able to solve problems.

There are a few things that I need in my accomodation:

1) Quiet - this is an understatement! India is such a crowded place, that assurances of a guest house in a residential area will be quiet is not guaranteed. Especially if you are near a Mosque on Fridays people, prayers on loudspeaker start before the sun comes up...Eleven is quiet!

2) Clean - no crap laying around, don't get me wrong, this place isn't fancy, the linens are very average, however, the bathrooms are spiffy, Ajay didn't skrimp there.

3) Internet - free, and it was working, this is my lifeline when I am travelling, and in the future, I will always bring my laptop, I understand there is wireless here.

4) Food - I only had breakfast, great Indian coffee with hot milk, will get me everytime, your choice of hot or cold breakfast, served just how you like it, when you like, with a tap at your door. Indians are good hosts, and Eleven staff is no exception.

5) Caring - Ajay made sure I was home safe at night (I had a mobile), it was nice to have his interest, although not overbearing. He knew something, I only recently discovered, its not safe in Delhi at night, too many people interested in the solo female, it gets tiring....soooo my next point

6) TV - updated cable channels gave me something to entertain myself when I was home at night, it was nice to have access to English TV. I stayed in a 3 star hotel in Agra (no english tv) and there is nothing there to do at night, try not to stay there at night at all (or just one!)

7) Getting there - from the prepaid taxi booth at the airport 200 rps, prepaid, yes there are at least 2 of them in connaugt place, 52 rps...watch out for this: for the trips I took back and forth from connaugt place, expect the auto rickshaws to ask for 80-100 rps, I only agreed to 50 or 60 rps, expect them to ask, beg, and demand more...this is the only place in india where i experienced them renegging on the deal, maybe that is because by the end of my trip i learned not to let them take me shopping (thus subsidizing my cab fare!)

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 February 2009

I really enjoyed my stay at Eleven in Delhi. Even little things like toileteries were paid attention to, which one hardly finds in B&B's in India. The room had all the facilities necessary for a comfortable stay.

Ajay is also a very good host and took care of things very well. Overall, a very comfortable stay and I definitely recommend Eleven for a trip to Delhi. Their website is www.elevendelhi.com.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 12 February 2009

I just thought I'd take a moment to tell you about a great B&B I've just found in New Delhi, India. It is called 'Eleven' (www.elevendelhi.com)

Now, I've stayed at all sorts of places all over the world over the past 17 years (from the Shangrila right down to seedy $1 a night dives when I was a student) - just setting the scene: Ajay Anand's B&B is among THE best places I've ever seen. Really! I think he took some help from a former Maurya Sheraton person (for those who don't know - that's a $450 a night over the top sort of Indian 5 star property). And it really shows. I've never been to a B&B with such clean fresh towels, top notch 'Biotique' toileteries and great food & hospitality all around.

I sound like I'm over doing it, but I really loved the week or so that I stayed there. This is THE best B&B in INDIA. It is a clean peaceful refuge with a view of a grand 400 year old tomb across the street. It is simply the best. Reasonable price (5 star service at B&B rates). Great breakfast & free wifi & pretty much all you could want & more.

Give it try next time you're passing through.

-R. Joshi (Canadian who spends good part of the year on business in India)

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 February 2009

After first staying at a rather ordinary hotel in Karol Bagh when we arrived in Delhi, we did a bit more research to find somewhere nice to stay when we came back through at the end of our trip...and it was such a relief to find Eleven! Easily the cleanest, largest most relaxing room we had in any hotel on our trip, and the house itself and Ajay and his staff were just lovely. Like any accommodation in Delhi, it's a little on the pricey side, but well worth the money. The breakfast was great, and it's so nice to have little added extras such as free internet and bottled water. The shower was blissful, with plenty of hot water. It was also very easy to book, with Ajay responding quickly and helpfully, and offering great advice on how best to get there, and also things to see and do in the area. It was a little bit hard to find because it looks just like a home and has no signage, but this is one of the things that makes Eleven special!

Eleven was our peaceful haven amongst the glorious chaos that is Delhi!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple