“Hospitaliy Plus”

and 1 more site!
Eleven
Ranked #7 of 1,144 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 November 2016

I stayed at Eleven for a total of 4 nights. Ajay, the owner, went out of his way to ensure I had a great stay providing assistance, advice, and hospitality well beyond anything I expected. I felt like I was staying at a friend's home. The staff were so kind. The breakfast menu had lots of choice and the food was always delicious and well presented. There is a nice little bistro a few blocks walking distance for a light lunch or evening meal. Eleven is located in an upscale residential area which was very safe for walking. I started my tour of India at Eleven and ended it there as well. A perfect way to begin and to say goodbye to an amazing country.

Room Tip: The front room was very comfortable and a bit more isolated.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 24 November 2016

We went to Eleven very spontaneously as the place we had booked originally was not available.

Nizamuddin East where Eleven is located is a mix of a clean residential area and some historic buildings (the most famous one the Humayun's Tomb)- just across the street from Eleven is the Tomb Of Khan-i-Khana.

We were really happy with the spacious room, the beautiful attached bathroom and the nice porch. Everyone at Eleven was super friendly, the wireless internet worked well and we even received a mobile phone for the time of our stay.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

Words can't describe how much we all(family of 4) enjoyed our stay at Eleven. It was not just clean which is always a huge relief when staying away from home. But Ajay, the owner, was always right there if we ever needed him and went above and beyond to make sure that there was nothing he could do for us. The breakfast every morning was wonderful, the spacious rooms, amazing people and beautiful grounds are definitely what sets eleven apart from the rest!

Highly Recommend

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
AjayAnandd, Owner at Eleven, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2016

Hi there -

Am really grateful for the kind words about us in your review.

However I can't place you - please let me know who you are ?

Thanks a lot,

Ajay :o))

Reviewed 15 November 2016

Ajay (the owner) was great - very welcoming both by email before our arrival and during our stay. We arrived in the early morning and he gave us access to a room where we could rest and shower before our actual, larger room was ready a few hours later, which we really appreciated after a long flight. You get free mineral water and the occasional free beers to boot! Breakfast is simple but tasty and plentiful.

The B&B is clean, comfortable and friendly but pretty basic (wifi and showers are great though) and maybe slightly expensive for what you get. Also worth noting that it's in a fairly quiet, leafy area with an easy drive to all of the main New Delhi sights.

We had a great time here using it as a base to explore Delhi but in hindsight it was one of the more expensive places we stayed in and I'm not sure what you get for that extra money.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
AjayAnandd, Owner at Eleven, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2016

Thanks for the positive review Ben - hope Suzzanah & you are well :o))

Wanted to get a few points to you & members of the community.

Early check in is subject to availability & unlike a lot of other properties is free at Eleven.

The beers belonged to guests who checked out & I didn't think it was right to charge you for them.

Regarding your observation on tariffs - it all comes down to location, location, location !

In terms of location Nizamuddin East (where we are) in Delhi is similar to Hyde Park Street & Edgware Road in London - we are exactly 25 meters from the boundary wall of a huge 16th century monument (Khan-I-Khana Tomb) which is surrounded by 5 acres of manicured gardens.

You stayed at hotels in Jaipur & Agra during your India holiday, the priciest real estate in Jaipur is 50% the value of Nizamuddin East, similarly the costliest areas in Agra are about a 33% of our locality - when you stay in a hotel room you not only pay for the room, the facilities but also for the location and proximity to points of interest.

You had booked through a travel portal that's another reason you felt that tariffs were high since portals take a very high commission from us - its always better to book directly with hotels.

Ben, I'm looking forward to welcoming both of you again @ Eleven in the near future - till then you take care & be well !

Warmly,

Ajay :o))

Reviewed 7 November 2016 via mobile

I ended up at Eleven due to a mix up with another B&B, I was very lucky. It was what I needed for the 2 nights I was staying in Delhi. It's quiet, clean, comfortable, safe - important as a solo female traveller - in a nice part of Delhi.
Ajay was a great and thoughtful host

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 November 2016

I was back in Delhi after more than 2 years and I stayed 6 days at the Eleven. The feeling was the same, Rooms are still well maintained and the hopsitality of Ajay is really a must: he is a the same time discret but ready to help you to solve any question for taxi, train, visiting, luggage storage, etc. I was with a relative who visited India for the first time and she was under the charm of the guest house. A nice place to rest after the hectic day in Delhi turmoil! I hope to be back very soon.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

We chose Eleven primarily because of its convenient location close to Hazrat Nizamuddin Station from where our early morning train to Agra was scheduled to leave. Ajay and his staff really went the extra mile to make our short stay as perfect as it could be, from late night sandwiches upon arrival after 10 on our first night, a lift to the station, use of a cellphone with a local SIM to providing a one day itinerary for sightseeing in Delhi.

Stayed: October 2016