“SOUTHERN COOKING AT ITS BEST”
Review of Dakshin

Dakshin
Ranked #27 of 13,253 Restaurants in New Delhi
Price range: US$21 - US$62
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Chef Raja and Chef Praveen Anand both are from Madurai. It was a good feeling talking to them in Tamil. I really liked the friendliness of these two taste masters. Mangalore born Chef Sridhar Poojari, wedded to this eatery for the last 12 years impressed me with his culinary skills. He is highly gifted culinary artist is one thing; he is very humane is another. His courteous demeanour is to be seen to be believed.

Darshan and Sudhir, both from Service Brigade delighted me by their impeccable service. Darshan can connect with guests effortlessly. He is very obedient too.

I came to know that Dakshin will be retooling its menu soon. With new look and feel. My blessings to Chef Praveen Anand, who is retooling the Dakshin menu. The Dakshin team dazzled the foodie in me. (I was staying in Sheraton New Delhi. Had dinner on 04 April 2018).

It was in 2000 I had met Chef Praveen Anand last. That was in Chennai. Presently he is the Chief Priest in the ITC Grand Chola Kitchen at Chennai. I wish him Good Luck and God speed.

I really enjoyed the authentic south Indian delicacies. Chutneys were lip smacking. I liked the Finger Millet Dosa as well the Banana Dosa. These mini dosas came from Iyer’s trolley managed by Chef Raja. Thank you Chef Sridhar, for serving me distinctively delicious food.

My full marks to Dakshin. For the benefit of travellers, I am posting the food shots too. Please see the pictures.

1  Thank Kesava_Mallia
BenitaSharma, General Manager at Dakshin, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback about Dakshin.
Pleasure to read your review. It is feedback such as yours that inspires the Sheraton New Delhi team to constantly deliver world class hospitality.
Truly value your taking the time out to write your encouraging compliments about some of the authentic delicacies and warm service that we offer.
We have shared your commendations with the Dakshin team who is, no doubt, thrilled to hear it.
Hope to welcome you back soon,

Reviewed March 28, 2018

After listening from many people that dakshin is a authentic South Indian food Restaurant. I had dinner here. In truth, this is a great South India dinner restaurant. Kwality are amazing. The people of the staff are very cute. I would like to come back here again. All is fantastic.

BenitaSharma, General Manager at Dakshin, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2018

Dear Guest,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Dakshin for dinner and for your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to share with us such a wonderful review on Trip Advisor. It is our endeavor to provide our guests with the highest levels of comfort and quality service to ensure a memorable experience. Thank you once again for your recognition and we look forward to your continued visits.

Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

This place is a must visit for those who want to taste authentic South Indian food in Delhi and want to go beyond dosas and idlis. Prices may be on the higher side, but so do the quality and variety.

BenitaSharma, General Manager at Dakshin, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2018

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your wonderful review.
We are glad to hear that you were overwhelmed by the variety of authentic flavours that we serve at Dakshin.
Team Dakshin looks forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed February 28, 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed eating here. Got the opportunity to sample many different Indian dishes, washed down with plenty of kingfisher. Was a good environment to eat with colleagues -great atmosphere - and we really enjoyed our evening.

BenitaSharma, General Manager at Dakshin, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2018

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your wonderful review.
We are glad to hear that you were overwhelmed by the variety of authentic flavors that we serve at Dakshin.
Team Sheraton New Delhi looks forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed February 24, 2018

Very tract ice ambience with good service and advice offered by waiting staff. Thoroughly enjoyed meal and would recommend if staying at the hotel.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your wonderful review.
We are glad to hear that you liked the ambience and enjoyed your meal at Dakshin.
Team Sheraton New Delhi looks forward to welcoming you back soon.