“Wonderful start to my India Tour”

Olive Bar & Kitchen
Ranked #72 of 13,293 Restaurants in New Delhi
Price range: US$27 - US$30
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mehrauli/Qutub Minar
Reviewed January 10, 2018

Had a wonderful lunch here during my India tour. Great Mediterranean restaurant in New Delhi! Sea bass was wonderful. Tiramisu was unusual, but tasted great!

BrandAssociate, Manager at Olive Bar & Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2018

Hi Lenny,

It makes us so happy to hear that you enjoyed dining with us.

We look forward to hosting you again. :)

Reviewed January 5, 2018

Went for Sunday Brunch with friends and found the same totally awesome. All inclusive lunch with unlimited hard drinks including sparkling wine was a great treat. The starters and the main course was fab. Value for money. Was looked after very well by Mr Prabhakar.

Hi Manmeet,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are humbled! :)

Look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed January 4, 2018

We sat outside for a work dinner. The food was good (not the best Italian food I've eaten) but very decent, the venue is amazing though (so are the toilets for women). Staff was lovey, the band was good.
I would love to come for Sunday brunch or in the summer!

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are humbled. :)

Look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed December 28, 2017

We came to this restaurant after visiting a nearby attraction. Our party included an out-of-town guest and my most trusted local Indian friend. After requesting a table, I went to the restroom with my friend to wash our hands before eating. When I came out, one of the restaurant employees approached me (the white guy) to say "we have a problem." He went on to say that "drivers are not allowed in the restaurant" (referring to my Indian friend). I quickly replied, "he's my friend" and the employee back down. Throughout the meal, my Indian friend was constantly glared at (as if he didn't belong in the restaurant) and was consistently served last with drink and food. It was very uncomfortable for all of us. We should have immediately left without ordering food but I was in shock at the treatment and my out-of-town guest was really hungry. So we order very mediocre and overpriced food and drinks while the staff stared judgmentally at my Indian friend. Before leaving, I spoke to three different managers about the situation. One of the managers confronted, in my presence, the employee that first approached me. He confirmed the restaurant's prohibition of "no drivers" in the restaurant. It was lunch and the service was absolutely disgusting, horrible, and nasty. They should be more welcoming of anyone willing to overpay for the mediocre food and totally unacceptable service. One of the managers begged me to give them another chance but we are clearly putting this place on the "do not return" list.

6  Thank fhartigan
Reviewed December 6, 2017

I love olive for its eclectic menu, its starters, the bread and sauce/paste they bring at the begining, the drinks and most of all the qmazing ambience of sitting out in the winter's!

BrandAssociate, Manager at Olive Bar & Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2018

Hi Dhruv,

We're so glad to hear you enjoyed the Olive experience. We hope to serve you again very soon :)