2 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 21-04-22
eDreamsUS$174
Agoda.comUS$173
ZenHotels.com
All reviews mr raman wooden cottages hour trek wind chimes takes special care peaceful getaway amazing holiday hustle bustle close to nature bon fire beautiful property cherry on the cake unforgettable experience pine forest home cooked small things city life
Selected filters
Reviewed January 1, 2021

We took our first step out of the house for a vacation after months of the pandemic fear and gloom. And we couldn't have been more right with the choice of the property. It is this beautiful getaway tucked in the middle of a forest area, in between 2-3 villages, with nothing but nature, fresh air and lots and lots of Vitamin D to soak in. Just what we needed.
When we arrived, we were the only guests and needless to say, got one of the best chalets, with a magnificent view and direct sunlight.
And trust me when I tell you, the only thing we did for the 2 days there was to sit at the restaurant deck and where the time vanished, never realised. From there, you can see the Kalka-Simla Toy Train playing hide-and-seek through tunnels, whisteling away. It was enchanting!
The staff was super polite and courteous, quick to action, never once gave us a reason to call twice. The rooms are well appointed, with clean bathrooms. Although there were very few guests, the restaurant kitchen had all that you could ask for. Be it the wood-fried pizza, the Chinese food, the humble comfort food - Daal and Tawa roti....you ask for it and you get it and all living up to expectations. Yumm!
We also took a little trek with one of the staff members through some villages - took an hour and got us some beautiful instagramable (though I am not on Insta) pictures. The trek led us down to a beautiful small brook and some terrace farms.
We did come back to Delhi but with a promise to go back again.

Reviewed December 29, 2020 via mobile

This place is situated in Suro about an hour before Shimla. It’s situated in the valley and I think all the rooms have a mountain / forest view.
It has nice little wooden chalets (May be a little too little considering we were 4 of us including a baby and a dog) with a view into the valley. Our chalet was such that in the peak of winter we could see the sun rise to our left and set to our right.
The rooms are cosy with a balcony and decent amenities (Koehler bathroom fittings - not bad )
It’s super windy around and they have wind chimes and you can continuously hear those along with the chirping of the various birds around.
The icing (literally) on the cake was that it snowed the night we were there and it raised the level of our stay by 1 notch.
Place serves decent food - buffet in breakfast and dinner which were both included in our package.
We ordered pizza and pasta for lunch on our arrival day and it wasn’t bad too. Woodfired pizzas was something which I wasn’t expecting may be
Most importantly and the reason we were here was because it’s pet friendly.
My golden retriever had a good time around the property.
Would recommend this place for a weekend stay.

Reviewed December 13, 2020

We stayed two nights 11th& 12th Dec.
Really very peaceful comfortable stay
Excellent ambiance courteous staff good food
Mr Raman is very good manager available 24/7 for help
Very dedicated soft spoken man
Will like to visit again
Dr. Mukesh Tyagi

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2020

I must confess I stumbled upon Suro Treehouse online and got curious. I was looking to be away from the hustle bustle in nature and the pictures looked to suggest the same. The next thing that made me interested was the price point. It was not cheap but definitely looked reasonably priced for what it was offering.

So when I went there with my family, I went with high expectations. And to my surprise those expectations were surpassed. To start with the location was just superb. To add to it the chalets were built with minimal intrusion to the environment around. You literally felt you were inside the wilderness. The chirping of the birds everywhere amidst and strange quiet. The rooms were of simple yet tasteful design.

But what really made us feel at home was the hospitality. Mr Raman was a perfect host. Mild mannered, gentle demeanour, extremely accommodating, always available, extremely informative and helpful are just some of the many qualities I would attribute to him. The few issues in the room like shower clogging and room heating below expectations became non issues because of the grace and love with which he handled our stay.

And to top it all the delicious food we had for each meal just made the stay even more worth while. It all tasted like home cooked meals and not one at a restaurant. The staff was extremely courteous and polite. The outdoor sitting area was a such a pleasure, especially during breakfast.

Another wonderful aspect was the treks we were able to do around the property. So much activity in and around the property keeps you engaged.

All in all we had a wonderful stay and hope to visit Suro Treehouse again.

Date of stay: November 2020
Reviewed November 30, 2020 via mobile

Incredible Place .....!!!! The view ,the rooms ,the staff everything, this was our 2nd visit in last 3 months and i think we are hooked to this place for long .....far better than all the 5 star .Also my son loved the stories by the most amazing manager Raman .

Date of stay: November 2020