“True and humble”
other travellers have booked this property
The Living Room/ Dining area
View from the window
Another bedroom
Luxurious Full Bathroom
The All wooden staircase
Eastern view from cottage in March
Frontal view from windows
Sunset view from Cottage
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Pune, Maharashtra, India
“True and humble”
Reviewed January 11, 2015 for a stay in December 2014
person found this review helpful

The stay along with my wife and extended family was marvellous. My wife has already described everything about our stay. But I want also to share one very important incident my wife lost her bag containing cash, debit and credit cards, pan card and two mobile cell in Kufri on 26th Dec. we lost all the hopes in getting back the bag. To our surprise we got a call from Mr. Babu ram a horse rider from Kufri on 10th Jan informing that he has got my bag. As I am from Pune it was very difficult for me to get in touch with babu ram. At this difficult moment the owner of Transquility Mr. Raja Sharma came forward to help us without thinking for a moment. He and his care taker Mr. Naushad traced Baburam and found my bag. Through this review I would like to thank Baburam, Mr. Raja and Naushad from the bottom of my heart. Baburam had not touched a single penny from the bag. Where will you find such people in today's world? Next time I would like to visit Shimla just to meet these three proud Indians.

8 Apr 2015
It is indeed very kind of you. We only felt that it was our duty yto restore to you what you had taken for lost. We look forward to your visit to our cottage once again.
Preeta201...
Pune
“Worth Million Times”
Reviewed January 11, 2015 for a stay in December 2014

I along with my husband and relatives stayed there from 25th Dec to 27th Dec. The stay was very good. The place is homely and clean. You never feel that you are away from your own house. The caretaker Mr. Naushad is down to earth and very polite. Ever ready to help you out no matter what. The food cooked in the house itself is far better than what we eat in a star hotel. The lady cook, serves the food with a smile which is the best part of it.
I dont have words for The owner "Mr.Raja Sharma". He is truly the captain of the ship. He keeps guiding you every time right from the moment you reach Shimla till you go back. He helps you in showing the way, the shortcuts, and personally sees that we reach the destination safely without facing any problems.
I will truly recommend many people to visit this place.

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Nothing
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
11 Jan 2015
Thank you so much Manoj for your kind words. Hope to see you there again, maybe in summer!
Navin1971
Bruges, Belgium
“One word- Awesome!”
Reviewed November 17, 2014 for a stay in November 2014

Awesome place! Awesome views ! Awesome hospitality ! Awesome value ! The housekeeper set up a bon fire for us both nights and it was such a blast. The silence is something one needs to hear ( Ironic , I know ) . Raja the owner is connected and wants guests to have a good time and that's Awesome service ! Would certainly go back and soon ! And of course Awesome Cook ! If you aren't going here you are missing the closest experience to heaven :-) Enjoy all of you who go there. And remember whoever goes there ....Am envying you...

Liked best: Views, Service and Value
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Friends
Large groups
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
11 Jan 2015
Indeed kind of you and we are thrilled that you enjoyed your vacation at the cottage. Come again
p1136
Pune, India
“Truly Tranquil absolutely mesmerizing”
Reviewed November 13, 2014 for a stay in November 2014

Let me start right from beginning-

Booking- hassle free with trip advisor
Host- Raja Sharma, the best host I have ever seen, he made sure right from delhi till the midnight we reached his place that we are on right track and all our needs will be met. As we checked- in late due to unforeseen circumstances Mr. Sharma extended his hospitality by offering us stay for one day extra without any charges, it was truly a great gesture by him.
Attendants- Naushad what a character he is always smiling, ever running, making sure that each and every need of the guest is taken care of. Aunty ji the best cook I have came across truly wonderful food I think the best in HP.
Stay- Comfortable bedrooms with neat and clean, equipped with everything which one might require, old world style decor, inviting bed, and most of all truly breathtaking view from all three rooms.
we either had bon fire or bar-b-que every night we stayed there.
it was so much fun for children as well as they had lot of board games to play, and were getting food as per their liking.
We are so happy that we chose this place, 100% going to return.

Your age range 25-34
11 Jan 2015
Thank you for your visit, it was wonderful to have you at the cottage,we look forward to your return
sujith86
Kottayam, India
“shimla manali”
Reviewed September 30, 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

We were 2 couples and planned to stay only one night in shimla towards our journey to manali,but this place was awesome,its about 25km from shimla.its one of the best places i ever stayed in my whole life, awesome climate cool privacy , scenin beauty and much more.raja was very helpful in all matters getting there and booking was so easy, i booked through trip advisor.Dhanshad and noushad and the ladyji who made tasty paranthas in the morning were excellent in their service. after having heavy breakfast and heavy dinner with homely taste and feeling we were surprised with the homely cheap bill for the food.oh i never eat tat much for less price from anywhere,must visit again and if u plan then plan for atleast 4 days. thanks raja , dhanshad, noushad and madamji and also trip advisor. the only thing to be noted thats nothing to do with the cottage but the local taxi union, i had hired taxi from delhi and the local union people stopped us and they asked for money as per their union rules. we were so pissed off with that experience and watch out for that.since we were hurry and we didnt had time the driver paid 700 rs to the local taxi union and they let us go.

Liked best: everything
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Large groups
2 Oct 2014
Hi Sujith, Thank you so much for your kind words about our cottage and its staff. We are sorry about the incident with the local taxi union. On reading your review we took up the matter with the Secretary of the Union, who apologized, as he was away and some boys played mischief in his absence. He asked me to convey his apologies for any inconvenience to the guests and gas made arrangements to refund the full amount directly to the guests - Sujith.
We hope such an occurrence will not happen again!
Warm regards, Raja
RohitSh45...
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“One of the best places to relax”
Reviewed July 15, 2014 for a stay in July 2014

I have been to hills many many times over the years and can vouch for the fact that this is one of the best places I have stayed in. Infact it has now happened to me 2 years in a row that I have stayed in fantastic properties and have cut short my trips because after staying in properties like Tranquility in Himalaya you really dont feel like spending time anywhere else. The property is small, well located, easily accessible, good staff (2 care takers to tend to every need) and has a fantastic view. Lastly it is very very economical. The rooms were good although the upkeep could have been slightly better but overall no complaints. I wish I could have stayed longer but time did not permit. The owner Mr. Raja is a damn nice person and will add even more joy to your stay if you happen to meet him. Can simply say one thing, I am going to visit back many times over the course of next few years. One suggestion for all, the route via kufri is better than Chail especially if you are travelling with young kids. It will take approximately the same time but the roads are much better via Shimla & Kufri.

Liked best: The Value for money deal
Liked least: The upkeep of furniture and cutlery. Could be better.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
People with pets
2 Oct 2014
Thank you and we look forward to your next visit. Raja
GoaTripCh...
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Tranquility, indeed!”
Reviewed June 22, 2014 for a stay in June 2013

We stayed in this beautiful house perched on the edge of a mountain in June 2013. What a lovely experience! Away from the madding crowds of Shimla, it was a true vacation. We have already recommended this to our friends in Delhi. Raja and Aarti deserve all the business they can get but we hope it doesn't get overbooked because we plan to come back.

26 Jun 2014
Thank you so much and we look forward to welcoming you again.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing