“Mr”
other travellers have booked this property
Open Area with outdoor seating
Enroute Platonia Homes (The lush green State Highway) Outside view of the building
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Open Area with outdoor seating
Enroute Platonia Homes (The lush green State Highway)
Outside view of the building
Outside view
Open Area with Outdoor seating
Bedroom 2 (Ground Floor)
Bedroom 2 (Ground Floor)
Living Area (Ground Floor)
Living Area (Ground Floor)
Bedroom 4
Bedroom 4 (First Floor)
Living Area (First Floor)
Living Area (First Floor)
Outside View from the Living Area
Kitchen
Kitchen 2
Dining Area
Dining Area (Next to Kitchen)
Living Area
Washroom
One of the washrooms
View of nature from our balcony
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
NeeleshA1...
“Mr”
Reviewed October 15, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

A really fabulous family outing. Platonia homes located in serene environ is comfortable & hospitable. We were simply thrilled.

15 Oct 2016
Many thanks for your encouraging words, Mr. Neelesh. We look forward to hosting you again soon.

vinayiaf2...
“Mesmerising and peaceful stay”
Reviewed October 11, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

Hi everyone,platonia homes is a place to look for if you are really looking for peace and tranquility.w e stayed there from 9-11 Oct and cherish each n every moment spent.Sply would like to thank the care taker lady Mrs Meena who was always ready for any help even at odd times.Would love to visit again and suggest to others.

Jai A
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“Peaceful Natural Place”
Reviewed July 20, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

We found Platonia through Trip Advisor only and booked for a weekend in July. We were little afraid of rains but fortunately weather stayed on our side.

This place is evergreen but monsoon painted it fresh green. I remember this place as the most silent hotels I have visited. I could listen to nature and my heartbeat there. In addition monsoon is apple season so we could see apple orchards with real apples.

The down side of this place is food and parking. We drove by our own and struggled to park our car as there is a very narrow alley to this place and hotel owners can not guarantee a drive support. Food is very limited choice and taste is not so great. I look at there two elements as price for peace and nature.

Barring parking we have a good aftertaste of this trip and this can be classified as adventure if you are driving your self and family if you are taking a driver/taxi along.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Peace
Liked least: Parking Food
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
2 Aug 2016
Mr. Jai,

Many thanks for sharing the review. It was a pleasure hosting you at our home, and we are glad that your stay was a memorable one.

If I may, I would like to bring out two things from what you have mentioned in the review:
1) You referred to us as a hotel, which we are not. We take pride in calling ourselves a home stay, and hence provide our esteemed guests with facilities that do exceed the expectations of a guest who comes for the home stay experience. Hence, if you were looking for a lot of food options with us, I am sorry (and I made this clear even before you booked your holiday with us) but our forte lies only in home-cooked food. Will be glad to have some inputs from you on what other options we can include in our offering,

2) Regarding the parking, Sir, I do understand that the last 200 odd metres are slightly narrow, and drivers with no/limited experience of hill-driving do get a little uncomfortable driving all the way down. But, you always have the option of parking your vehicle at the spot that I told you about, and then walk a bit (hardly 200 metres) to reach us.

I hope that you would agree to both these arguments that I have put forward. We hope to host you again sometime.

Cheers,
AshishB62...
“Mesmerizing Place to stay with friends and family”
Reviewed June 29, 2016 for a stay in June 2016

We were a group of 9 people (and 3 children) and have spent most pleasant stay at Platonia Homes which we all will cherish for a long time. Overall hospitality was one of best one can expect. Place is away from city crowd and nature is at its best... Highly recommended this place for family and groups for small to medium stay...

Thanks

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Homely Food and location
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Large Group
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
30 Jun 2016
Sir,

Many thanks for your encouraging words. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to hosting you again.

PavanGhaz...
Ghaziabad
“"Awesome" - Platonia Homes”
Reviewed June 20, 2016 for a stay in June 2016

Like every summer it was an anxious research on Tripadvisor for us “where to go” and “where to stay” and we decided for Shimla this time. We always travel with our extended family and look for a Homestay sort of facility.
We zeroed in to Platonia Homes in Mashobra. Since not many reviews were available on Tripadvisor quite obviously it was difficult for us decide and that time we happened to exchange couple of mails with Mayank (the owner) and we could smell it is going to be a nice place for my family for 3 nights stay.
We booked Platonia Homes from 9th June, 2016 onwards for 3 nights for 6 family members.
For the tourists visiting this area with their family and looking towards Homestay rentals facility, I have recommendation as under:
- You need not think. Straight away book this facility
- Cottage has 3 independent floors (Ground, First and Top Floor). Each floor has spacious independent 2 Bedrooms (a toilet with each) and a Living Room with good furniture with balcony and may be measuring around 1000-1200 sq.ft (each floor). Top floor is reserved for the owners as they visit this place occasionally.
- Excellent Cottage interiors like 3/4 star finish, spic and span, bed linens very good with Room Heating Pillars.
- Balconies of the cottage are overlooking a deep green vast valley. View is awesome.
- Location- A beautiful, serene and comfortable 30/40 minutes’ drive from Shimla City (about 13-15 kms) on road towards Naldhera (exact spot is Dhagogi Bus Stop)
- Cabs from Shimla charge just Rs 500 to drop you at Dhagogi Bus Stop. We hired such cab (Dezire) around 09:00 pm night from Shimla Taxi Stand near Rivoli Theatre.
- Meena Aunty, the care taker is an excellent host and a great cook. She took no time to understand our food choice. She took extra pain to arrange baby food for an infant in our group.
Overall it was a nice stay for my family. I thank Meena Aunty and convey my Best Wishes to Mayank. I request all the future guests to cooperate in keeping this facility neat and clean.

21 Jun 2016
Sir,

Many thanks for your encouraging words. As Meena aunty puts it, hosting you was an absolute delight and a cake-walk. We hope to host you again.

krishudev
Mumbai, India
“Memorable Vacation”
Reviewed June 13, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

It was a very pleasant stay and and a memorable vacation, .
The property was very nice and a very peace place., located approx. 8 km from shimla.
The care taker was very decent and we were offered home made food which was very yummy, Ideal place for family and friends.
The property is well maintained in terms of cleanliness and service. The hill side view from the balcony is awesome.

Travelling group: Extended Family
14 Jun 2016
Many thanks for your encouraging words, ma'am. We are glad that you had a wonderful stay. We look forward to hosting you again sometime.

PrashantS...
“Amazing Experience”
Reviewed June 9, 2016 for a stay in June 2016

Mayank,
there would be hundreds of places where one can stay, but I found your place my best experience till date. Such amazing place you have, the property had excellent amenities and condition and I can only say that I won't be able to enjoy any hotel room after staying at your place, my family had a great time and I am truly happy that my decision to take my loved ones to Platonia Homestay bore such lovely memories. Give my regards to Neenaji and please make sure to inform that she made our stay really wonderful. Thanks again for you hospitality.

11 Jun 2016
Many thanks for the encouraging words, Sir. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at our place, and hope to host you again, soon. Again, many thanks for choosing us.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing