“Another Comfortable Stay”

Grand Sarovar Premiere Mumbai
Ranked #41 of 447 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
norfolk Uk / South America
“Another Comfortable Stay”
Reviewed 26 February 2012

What an affordable oasis this hotel is. Staff are professional and know what they are about.
Reservation / checkin / check out is so smooth compared to my very recent experience at a 5* 'luxury collection' hotel.
Good restaurant just around the corner 'Image' and handy for Goregaon railway station which serves central Mumbai ( Church Gate).

Big niggled that each time I went to use the inviting looking rooftop pool / sundeck, workman were milling around either putting together or dismantling party furniture ( all day two days!). Without that, this would have been an excellent stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
ABgroup, General Manager at Grand Sarovar Premiere Mumbai, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for posting your review about your experience at Grand Sarovar Premiere, Mumbai.
I am glad that we are able to make your stay comfortable each time you visit us.
We do look forward to welcoming you again.

Warm Regards,

General Manager, Grand Sarovar Premiere, Mumbaii

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Korean first
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 20 February 2012

1. Great Welcome by the Doorman (How they manage to be so warm day and night for all people who come in is amazing, and I stayed here for 4 days and was the same throughout)
2. Loved the amazing smell in the lobby.
3. The Front Desk staff who was of great help.
4. Superbly functional Room.
5. Amazing Wi-Fi (And its free)
6. The boys who cleaned my room. (great job guys)
7. The shower in my room. (have not experienced a better shower in any hotels I visited)
8. The amazing spread for Breakfast and Dinner. (that’s all I had every day, heard their Sunday Brunch is even more amazing)
9. The servers in the dining area, they are an amazing bunch of guys. (especially Geoffrey)
10. Proximity to my office in Mind space, not so far from the airport and just a few minutes away from the shopping malls.

8 Thank 88Sweety88
Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Your kind words of appreciation shall be conveyed to my team for whom it will be a tremendous source of inspiration.
The team at the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Grand Sarovar Premiere
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Beware. this is a three star being sold as five star on some sites.
Weary entrance. Lobby is jaded. Room infrastructure poor. Service leaves much to be desired. Cannot even serve a cup of tea stating that the machine is not working. Noisy.

Enough said. you have been warned.

3 Thank funbone
ABgroup, General Manager at Grand Sarovar Premiere Mumbai, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Dear Tripadvisor Member,

We thank you for putting up your opinion on your stay with us.
We are a hotel which has been in operation for the last 4 years and in that short time, we have been rated as best hotel twice and have been garnering a lot of positive comments on tripadvisor, with more than 95 % guest saying they would like to come back and stay with us, which is more than what some of the supposed 5 star deluxe hotels have.
Inspite of being a fairly new hotel, we constantly keep updating the hotel. This being the first comment where we have received which mentions about the lobby and infratructure of the rooms would have appreciated if it was elaborated.
The tea that we normally serve was served within the stipulated timing, but being told to serve tea like the ones being served on the road is something which flumoxed our staff. So statements being made about the service is uncalled for.
However, we apolgize for any service flaw that you have claimed or may have faced during your stay with us.

Reviewed 14 February 2012

Spent 3 nights at the Grand Sarovar while doing some work in the Mindspace area. The hotel itself is only about 10-15 mins drive from the West Malad/Mindspace area - so location is perfect for those visiting that area on business.

I stayed in a standard double room and found the size OK for what I required. The bed and pillows were much too firm and I found that I was unable to get a decent night's sleep on any of the 3 nights (probably slept no more than 3 hours on best night!). My room was on the south side - with not much to see other than roofs of other buildings and windows from other tall buildings. There was provision of bottled water everyday - which was useful and a mini-bar which I did not make use of as I was hardly ever in the room. The bathrooms have only showers in them (no baths) and these had pretty good pressures. Due to glass partitions, whenever someone turns on the light in the bathroom, the illumination comes through the bedroom wall - which would not be ideal if there was a another guest in the bedroom. The facecloth supplied was removed be housekeeping on the second day and never replaced. I ended up using one of the smaller towels as a facecloth and simply could not be bothered to request another as I was there for such a short time.

I did breakfast and dinner at the hotel throughout my stay. Both were OK - with international and local cuisine available. My only quibble with the dinner is that although it was buffet style, it was pretty much the same options on all 3 nights. So, be ready to have the same thing for all 3 nights if you are not favoured with the choices available. For a short stay, this was not too bad. However, if you are staying for a week or so, you'd do well to try alternatives nearby just to add variety. Having said that, I found the amount charged for both breakfast and dinner were fairly reasonable and matched what was provided.

Service quality was slightly hit and miss. The hotel arranged a taxi to pick me up at Mumbai airport and were generally keen to please. However, they refused to allow me check out the night before depature even though I had to leave the hotel at 5am. They insisted on checking the mini-bar at the time of departure - which meant another 15 minutes wasted the following morning. This is not the standard expected of an international hotel. If you cannot trust your business customers to tell you if they have had a pepsi or some nuts in the morning, then maybe you should not be catering for that sector. Business guests are not going to swoop on $5 goodies before they exit and avoid paying. Even if you get the odd one, it is generally not worth alienating your customers for this. Even worse, my colleague, who also did not use his mini-bar, was told in the morning during check-out that he had taken a dairy-milk bar. To avoid being late for our flights, we paid the $1 and left. On his return, he complained to the hotel and they admitted they made an error (looks like it may have been there afterall!).

Overall, I will probably not stay here again as although it is well-located and the facilities are adequate, the fact that I spent 3 nights and did not manage to get a decent night's sleep on any night is the deciding factor for me.

Room Tip: Avoid the noise from street traffic and stay in south-facing rooms on higher floors
1 Thank highimpactuk
ABgroup, General Manager at Grand Sarovar Premiere Mumbai, responded to this review, 17 February 2012
Dear Tripadvisor Member

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and am glad that you enjoyed it for the most part.
During your next visit please feel free to contact our food and beverage team for any culinary preferences and we will do our best to accommodate your requirements.
We thank you for your understanding and appreciate you taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Stayed here with family while on holiday. It seems to be mostly a business hotel and had very few families staying there.
The rooms are quite good and spacious, the bathrooms large and very clean.
The restaurant which starts as a breakfast area changes moods quite well when it becomes an elegant dinner venue.
My only complaint is the internet service where only one device can connect to the wireless broadband. In these days of smart phones and ipads it would be nice if the same username and password can be used on multiple devices.
It is quite close to some of the malls. It might be a good idea if the hotel could provide complimentary shuttles to these malls.

Room Tip: Ideally look for a room farther away from the lift and on a higher floor.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank keru
Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and am glad that you enjoyed your stay at Grand Sarovar Premiere.
Also would like to thank you for bringing up your point on the wi fi service, we are one of the few hotels in Mumbai who provide free wi fi service to our clients and it is only due to the security concerns that we give different pins to different devises.

Grand Sarovar Premiere
New Jersey
Reviewed 1 February 2012

I had booked two rooms at Grand Sarovar for five nights starting Nov 26 thru Agoda. Due to a schedule change, my brother could not stay. After checking with the front desk management, I was advised the hotel would only charge one night and refund the balance of four nights for the second room. I sent an email to the manager, Santos Singh. He informed me the hotel will not refund the money.

Room Tip: Hotel is good for business travellers. Area is extremely busy and has heavy traffic - 24 hrs
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank satishnj
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

We thank you for putting up your opinion on your stay with us.
Bookings received from online channels are subject to terms & conditions mentioned on the respective sites. The booking which you mentioned about was cancelled at the last minute on the day of arrival. It was a non-refundable booking which is also mentioned on guest voucher. The charges were raised as per voucher received.
We do not find anything unethical about it (threatening to write about it in website if it is not waived of is unethical, for which we have mails from your end)

General Manager, Grand Sarovar Premiere
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Good: Great bathrooms. The absolute best shower I've had in India, great water pressure, two excellent shower heads and good hot water. The breakfast is filled with a lot of variety, but the taste and quality of some of the items can be improved. They have Nutella at breakfast, yum. The lobby of the hotel by the elevator smells very nice. In my room, there was a nice little reading nook by the window, which I liked. Free Aquafina water every day. VERY nice doorman with a friendly, slightly cherubic face. The hotel gave us an iron and an ironing board when we asked for one.

Bad: The internet system here is very strange and stressful. I stayed for 5 days and I must have asked for more than 10 sheets of paper for internet access as there was issues with using a single username for only one device and calling the front desk to constantly refresh a username or losing a username and calling to get a new one. The hotel needs a better, more efficient internet access system that isn't so stress inducing, and that doesn't require you to get a sheet of paper with a username and password. The speed of the internet access itself is good otherwise.

Everytime, nearly without fail when I returned back to my hotel room my key was deactivated, so I had to go to the reception are to get my key activated. What an irritating hassle.

One thing that truly ANNOYED me was that the front desk called my room for me to come settle my bill with them. This was a full day before I had to check out. I think the front desk actually called TWICE to have me settle my bill, which I thought to be rude and a very un-service like move. WHO DOES THAT? It is common practice to settle one's bill upon checkout, and not be be constantly harassed to do so. This definitely left a bad taste in my mouth.

Secondly, as I stayed there for 5 day with some friends, I often felt like the reception area people were talking amongst themselves about my friends and I, which is never a good feeling, especially at a place you're paying to stay at.

I also felt that at breakfast some customers got better service than others based on a number of things that I will not get into here.

Thirdly, I stayed in room 302 near the elevator. During the mornings at around 6-10am, there is a very bad smell consistently coming from the hallways. My guess is that the bad smell is from pipes/ plumbing. It smelled like the gutters of Mumbai came to the hallways of the hotel. I had to walk around the room covering my nose, which was not a nice experience.

Also, the area that the hotel is in is not walkable if that matters to you at all. The hotel is essentially facing a number of very busy streets and intersections. It is not like Bandra West or Colaba where you can just walk around because there are things to do, as the area where the hotel is doesn't have much to do.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
ABgroup, General Manager at Grand Sarovar Premiere Mumbai, responded to this review, 1 February 2012
Dear Trip Advisor member,

Thank you for the appreciative comments about your experience at our hotel.

We also appreciate your observations and comments about the service aspects and would like to assure you that we would address these issues immediately.
I will share your comments with our team.

The team at the hotel and I look forward to more opportunities to be of service.

Warm regards,