All reviewslinking roadkhar stationluxury roomhour room servicebandra westclean roomscomfortable staybreakfast buffethis teamsanta cruzcentral locationreception staffrestaurant staffspecial thanksshort staybudget hoteldecent hotel
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Happy with the stay and facilities provided.
Some value added free services like WiFi is a MUST nowadays and should be included in the room tariff. The amount charged for Wifi for an hour is Rs. 100 and 24 hours is 300 and both are on the higher side when compared with rates prevailing in rest of the world. EVen my colleagues felt the same.
Ex : Cost of Wifi on monthly basis is 3600 in a hotel like ELITE in Bahrain. So per day it is 120.

Room Tip: Value can be excellent if more value added services are provided without any extra cost. Did not use pool or fitness centre
Reviewed August 24, 2012

The rooms and hotel is quite clean. The staff is very helpfull. They provide excellent breakfast and the in room dinning is also very good. The hotel is also located quite close to the Airport and they also picked me up from the Airport. On the whole I had a very comfortable stay here.

1  Thank Archana K
Reviewed August 23, 2012

The rooms are cozy and are maintained well. The lights are placed and adequate enough too. However, the switches, esp. of the essential one's are not fixed at the right place. There were no switches by the bed side, either for controlling the AC/Fan/Bed Lamp. The AC controls were only on the panel and didn't have a remote. Elevators are slow, not just in movement, but even in responding & door opening.
The complimentary b'fast was decent, but not many options. The service at the restaurant was good too. But when asked for help (at that instant) beyond their purview they failed to guide to the concerned person.
Check-In/Out process was smooth and without any hassles. The break-up too was clear.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

I was travelling alone as a white woman from the States, and felt very comfortable staying at the Oriental Residency. The hotel room was very clean, very comfortable and I felt very safe. The free breakfast was always good, I ordered room service once and it came quickly and was delicious. The front desk staff was friendly, knowledgable and helpful, and they have a computer that you can use by the hour for internet for 100rps (about 2 dollars for an hour). I also used the laundry service once and was satisfied with it as well.

The neighborhood was great, sandwiched between SV Road and Linking Road (google maps inaccurately shows it a few blocks to the east of where it actually is) and there are lots of restaurants, coffee shops and bars within the neighborhood that are either walking distance or a short rickshaw ride away. Walking around at night was less comfortable for me, as there were lots of children harassing me, begging, but during the day, I walked up and down Linking Road to coffee shops, and to shop at the numerous stands and stores along the long, and haggled for jewelry and shoes. My friend who lives in the neighborhood took me out a few times and some cool restaurants/bars were Totos (a pub with lots of ex-pats drinking and eating), Lemongrass (thai restaurant), Mini Punjab Family Restaurant (get the butter chicken roll), Bonobos bar (very upscale/expensive bar up the elevator near the KFC on Linking Road), Olive (another upscale restaurant).

When riding a Rickshaw, my directions to the driver were Khar West, SV Road and then I watched and when I saw Dr. Banta's (I think?) on the right corner, I told the driver to turn right and then the hotel is almost immediately on the right again on that street.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Jean P
GeneralManager-OR, General Manager at The Oriental Residency, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Dear Ms Jean P,

Thank you very much for taking your time out to write a review for us.
Its a pleasure for us to know that you found stay with us very safe & comfortable. It is one of our top priority for guests. I will indeed share this with my entire team.
I am also glad that you have enjoyed our hotel location as well. Like you rightly said we are located close to Linking Road which is the mecca of shopping in Mumbai. Linking Road is Rated as the 5th in Mumbai and 17th in the world most expensive streets for Retailers. There are loads of pubs , restaurants and shopping around us and we are glad you experienced it all.
When we get reviews such as yours it further instills our confidence towards enhancing guest comfort and safety. Thanking you once again and we look forward to having you stay with us in future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed August 11, 2012

the service we received was fantastic and second to none. We came from Australia for dental treatment and found the hotel to be very obliging with food requests and very clean and comfortable. The rates were very reasonable and the hotel was walking distance to the dentist. Managers and staff all very curteous and helpful. Even a trip around Mumbai with the hotel car and drivers were made available at a very reasonable cost.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor were very good and was large enough to be comfortable for 2.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jorichards12
GeneralManager-OR, General Manager at The Oriental Residency, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2012

Dear Jo Richards,

Thank you for taking your time out to write a review for The Oriental Residency.
We are glad to hear that our Food and Beverage Team was able to satisfy your personal food requests. It our constant endeavor to personalize guest food. I am also glad you enjoyed your City Trip with our drivers.
I would definitely share your comments with our entire team.
My team and I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to The Oriental Residency.