“We couldn't believe our eyes....”

Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai
Ranked #7 of 444 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“We couldn't believe our eyes....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

We stayed at the Trident in Bandra by default. We missed a connecting flight from Mumbai to Kochin and had to overnight in Mumbai unexpectedly. Our travel agent booked us a room in the hotel, which is not the kind of hotel we would normally choose. It is close to the airport and seems to cater mainly for business travellers. Having said that, the hotel is extremely comfortable - spotless, spacious and well-equipped rooms, a very comfortable bed and a lovely breakfast. Now for what set this hotel apart... We were having some trouble connecting to the outgoing mail server. The hotel immediately sent their technical guy up to our room to try and resolve the problem. A colleague soon joined him. Unfortunately the problem couldn't be solved, but certainly not for their lack of trying. We left the next morning for Kochin. As we were leaving, the concierge asked us where we would be staying next. When we arrived at our hotel in Kochin (not at all affiliated to the Trident group) we checked in and went for a walk about the town. When we returned to our room, we found waiting for us a bottle of wine and a HANDWRITTEN note from the manager of the Trident in Mumbai, apologising for the difficulties we had experienced with the mail server and wishing us a pleasant stay in Kochin! We were astonished. Remarkable, remarkable service given that we had stayed only one night and were unlikely to ever return. Thinking back on this, I still find it amazing that they would go to such trouble to make up for what was in the end a very small problem. Well done to them - I wish them all the best and cannot recommend them highly enough.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
BandraKurla-Trident, General Manager at Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai, responded to this review, 18 March 2012
Dear Trip Advisor member,

Thank you for your appreciative comments about our hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am glad that you left with a positive impression of our hotel. Your kind words have been conveyed to the team who are happy to know that their efforts have been recognized.

My team and I hope you had a pleasant stay in Kochi and enjoyed the wine?

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

General Manager, Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (476)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

The buffet dinner at the coffee shop was really good.... A variety of choices but the best was the Indian bread. Location is great. Staff very accommodating and friendly. Would definitely come back to this hotel

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for posting your review about your experience at Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai.

I am glad that you enjoyed the dinner spread at our all-day-dining restaurant, O22. We also have an extensive Sunday brunch which we are sure you will relish.

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

I have stayed at the Trident BKC now over a dozen times in 2011. The staff is warm, the food outstanding and the overall experience entralling. The club rooms and club floor are great. The lounge is small but convenient. I rate it as one of Mumbai's finest business hotels

Room Tip: Tak the rooms that overlook the pool, and closer to the elevator !
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
BandraKurla-Trident, General Manager at Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

I am glad to note that you left with a positive impression of the hotel and its services.

Warm Regards,

Palm Harbor, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

The hotel, from the second we arrived was enjoyable. I was visiting with a girlfriend and we spent our last 2 days here. The staff were just incredible, polite, friendly and the typical Indian grace and hospitality. They were there if you needed anything and would bring, order or buy anything else you would request. Their service was just exquisite.

The hotel was clean, modern and catered all round to our needs from having a late massage before our long flight home to special requests in the dining room. They simply couldn't help you enough. Speaking of the spa services which we did use. They were clean, private and again, friendly without being over conversational. The salon was tranquil and relaxing. The massage was one of the best I have ever had, the staff were again, professional and wanting to make the experience a delight. The rooms were set up perfectly, a rose petal foot bath before a custom built massage that was on a heated bed.

The rooms were clean, quiet and room service was wonderful. The beds felt like a slice of heaven but after walking around all day, they could have been a blanket on the floor and we would have slept !

The rooms are all set up with a good stereo, electric blinds that you can set to open as you enter the room, the bathroom has a glass panel with a blind you can open and close depending on if you are wanting a view of the city or a private bath.

The breakfast was a vast selection of fruit, cereal, cooked full breakfast, fresh fruits, juice and more, they would happily cook anything to order and the dining area was just a pleasant area to sit and watch people.

I think we purchased a room with breakfast so it was nice to just walk down and plan the day and eat, relax and enjoy.

For the price this hotel was the greatest deal we found in India/Mumbai area.

Would certainly return when we make the journey back. I really couldn't say a bad thing about the whole experience.

Room Tip: Just ask, they will provide with a smile.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sarah S
BandraKurla-Trident, General Manager at Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai, responded to this review, 9 March 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Your kind words of appreciation shall be conveyed to my team for whom it will be a tremendous source of inspiration.

Warm Regards,

Istanbul Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

Convenient location, staff is so kind and helpful, definitly try the indian rest. Maya in the hotel.
Concierge was very helpful in fullfilling all needs.Close to airport
The rooms are clean with a business desk
Highly recomended to business travelers.
Will definitely come back.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
BandraKurla-Trident, General Manager at Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
Dear Trip Advisor member,

I am glad you left with a positive impression our product and services.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

El Dorado Hills, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

This Hotel was just fantastic! The rooms were exceptionally clean, service was impeccable, and breakfast was amazing. I've never had service as I did at this Hotel. They actually learn your name, know your room #, and pay attention to "YOU". I was sitting in the lobby before leaving, I had gotten a cold and wasn't feeling so great. A gentleman walked over and offered to bring me some hot tea with honey to ease my coughing. I don't even get that kind of service at home :). The only thing that didn’t quite hit the mark, is the surroundings. The view from my room wasn’t the best, looking at the service area for the pool, but nothing a quick trip in to the city can’t cure. There really isn’t anything within walking distance and the area isn’t much to look at. Overall, the experience was great!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
BandraKurla-Trident, General Manager at Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Dear Trip Advisor member,

Thank you for your appreciative comments about our hotel.

Whilst I am happy to know that you enjoyed the product and services at the hotel, I have noted your comment regarding the view from your room. Please let me know when you are next travelling to Mumbai, I will be happy to showcase a room with a better view.

With regard to your comment about the ‘area isn’t much to look at’, I am pleased to inform you that the hotel can arrange for a complimentary car to transport guests to and from the Bandra - Linking Road area, which is the entertainment hub of North Mumbai. In fact, our Concierge team has tied up with some of the famous lounges and restaurants in North and Central Mumbai where guests from Trident, Bandra Kurla will be offered special ‘value additions’. Should you wish to avail this service on your future visits, please contact the Concierge and our team will be glad to assist you.

Thank you once again for taking the time to comment on our services. My team and I assure you of our best services and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Oxfordshire, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

I have stayed at the Trident Bandra Kurla on about 5 occasions since it opened. Every visit has been near perfect. Never a room with faulty lights or faulty plumbing. Service never too slow or too in your face. The food is always good and the Maya restaurant serves the best Indian fish I have ever eaten. Each visit is slightly different as they try to have a theme going of some sort. They gym is very large (for a hotel) with new Life Fitness kit and right by the swimming pool and showers. Any complaints, well at the moment construction is taking place in front and behind, this doesnt bother me as most Mumbai hotels have this to some extent. The pool is only in the sun in the morning and early afternoon, problem if your working is you get back and fancy a few rays and a swim and its in the shade. Yes minor and that's the point its hard to criticise. They also operate a no tips policy which means you dont feel you shoud tip for moving bags or just doing their jobs.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear Trip Advisor member,

I am glad you left with a positive impression our product and services.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.