“South high. ”

South HIgh
Ranked #708 of 14,566 Restaurants in Mumbai
Price range: US$5 - US$7
Neighbourhood: Lower Parel
Description: Namaskaram and welcome to South High, Kitchen and Bar – Gastro Darshini by day, Cafe Bar by night. Discover a completely different avatar of South High on your plate, between lunch and dinner. Grab a deeply satisfying meal in the afternoon served up traditional style on a banana leaf with a side of mouth-watering non-veg dishes. And as the sun sets, come in for a spectacular bar experience.
Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

South High.

“The only thing I like better than talking about food is eating”

Namaskaram. That's the first word you hear as soon as you enter a restaurant which has varied colours and decor elements with soft unplugged music playing. Welcome to the world of South Indian food with a twist.

It's a gastro darshini by the day and a cafe bar by the time the sun goes down and the sky turns dark.

What's that one things that won me over ?
South Indian cuisine is something I have grown up eating and totally love it. It's my comfort food. Normally when I visit a place I do my little research and then visit. But surpringly I din get time to read and research about this place. I just wokeup one day craving for South Indian food. So long story short I opened zomato and cake accross this new place.

It's was my " WHAAAAATTTT ARE YOU SERIOUS " moment when I opened the menu and saw that they serve prawns dosa , chicken dosa, mutton dosa to name a few.

So I have been craving to have dosa with meat since the time I came back from kerela. I had searched alot but was always left dissapointed , so when I was going to give up all the hopes south high came in my life as a shinning light.

So you can grab a satisfyingdal in the afternoon , they serve unlimited thali in a traditional style on a banana leaf ( Vegetarian only ) or you can dive into the world where South Indian food is mixed with non-vegetarian things.

So where is it located ?
206, Near inorbit mall , new link road , Malad West , Mumbai

So what all did I eat and drink ?

° Drink.

- Imli Soda ( Highly Recommended )
- Passion Fruit Cooler

° Food

- Rajni Dosa ( Recommended )
- Narukku Dosa Chicken ( Highly Recommended )
- Quick Gun Murugan Idli ( Recommended )
- Prawns Gassi and dosa ( Must have )
- Veg Thali ( The Star. Must experience )

° Dessert
- Bella Gadbad.

Special mention to server Albert who really helped me in deciding what's best for me and my mom. It's not only food which matters , it's the whole experience that makes a visit worth remembering , Mr Albert really made this lunch worth remembering.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

Located at busy Malad Link road, South high is offering multiple options in food & drinks. They accept Zomato gold.

Food Manu has Tamil names of dishes so staff helps selection. Veg & nonveg options are available.

Valet parking is there. Place is crowded but clean. Staff is attentive. Food is tasty & reasonably priced.

Overall a good experience.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

South High is located in the busy streets of link road, Malad.
Which so many options around.
The restaurant serves authentic South Indian cuisine.

Ambience:
It's very spacious .
Seating is very comfortable.
The interiors are very pretty with vibrant colour and bright paintings which add to the beauty of the place .

Service:
We were a group of 6 friends.
We were attended by Server Jeffrey and Manager Anand.
We felt very comfortable and were welcomed.
We felt positive vibes throughout our meal.
Service was quick and Anand was kind enough to suggest us some of their best dishes.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

Nice ambience and super food serves almost everything from appam , Dosa , chettinad , mutton dosa etc all served with a twist and fun food. Enjoy when you are near Kamla mills.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 5, 2018

A group of parents from our sons class along with kids visited here on a Saturday night and had a very pleasant experience. The service was friendly, efficient and courteous, and the food was really good.

I cannot vouch for the veggie dishes on the menu personally, but my veggie friends on the table looked like they enjoyed themselves as much as I did, so they must have enjoyed the food as much as I did my meat-centric order. We were only 3 non-vegetarians on the table and I ordered:

1. Egg Bhurji stuffed Paniyarams - These were a total improvement over the traditional paniyaram in terms of the flavour. I wish they had been a bit more crisp on the outside. But they were a total hit on the table as some of the veggies were egge-tarians.

2. Crabmeat with Coriander Spiced Sauce - The flavour here was very good, but it was a bit too dry and was actually difficult to eat with a fork. A bit more sauce would have brought it all together very nicely.

3. Prawns with Kerala Pepper Masala & Coconut Cream - This dish was superb. really tasty and fresh prawns, not overspiced.

4 Chicken with Curry Leaves & Green Chilli Masala - Excellent dish. The chicken was only the leg meat and it was juicy and perfectly cooked. Loved it.

5. Coorg Roast Pork - This was the Stand-Out dish of the day. My wife & I loved it so much, we ordered a second portion. The pork was so tender, it just fell apart under the pressure of the back of the fork. It was quite heavily spiced, but not overly so. Utterly delicious dish.

Overall I had a mega-experience and would not hesitate to go back again and again. In fact, I would go back only for that Coorg Roast Pork - it was that good. Probably the best Indian style pork dish I've had in any restaurant in Bombay ever.

Date of visit: August 2018