All reviews tower rooms are new tower masala kraft golden dragon heritage tour india gate sea view the main hotel jiva spa harbour bar old wing top floor palace lounge wonderful hotel excellent stay gateway shamiana
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

As I have stayed in several other world class Hotel but yet no other Hotel comes any close to service , courtesy, facilities and cleanliness like Taj Mahal, Mumbai#1HotelI recommend to all my family members, business associates and friends , Taj Hotels !

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Taj Hotels & Resorts
GMTheTajMahalPalace, General Manager at Taj Mahal Tower, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Greetings from The Taj Mahal Tower, Mumbai.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor on your experience at The Taj.

It is our sincere endeavour to ensure that our guests enjoy a memorable experience and we are delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay with us.

Thank you for noticing the small touches that we had created and we really appreciate your comments regarding our associates who show sincere care in providing a memorable experience for our guests.

We are very happy and delighted that we were able to create the pleasant experience and make a difference to you in this busy metro city. Your appreciation has been shared with my team and we are motivated to strive for excellence.

We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to The Taj soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I’ve now been travelling to Mumbai 3 nights every week for the last two years. After having tasted the hospitality services at most of the hotels in Mumbai, I zeroed in on Trident Nariman Point and Taj Lands End as my permanent stays. Since last two years I’ve now been staying alternately at these two properties & have experienced exceptional services. By virtue of my stays, I’m now top tier member in their respective rewards programs.The beyond par experience at Taj Lands End forced me to expect similar level of services at other Taj properties.I decided to take my family to a weekend getaway at Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai. I invited my friend and his family too – with the complete confidence that we all will leave with amazing memories….I’d be polite in terming my experience for these two nights as completely shocking!!!Service, staff behavior (barring few like Harendra whom I know since his JW days) and the overall guest experience was way below any Five star standards – and nowhere close to “Tajness”.P.S. - Worst part was the staff at the pool. Complete conduct replete with racist attitude. They made guests get up from the chairs and offered them to others purely on basis of skin colour…. Makes me sad because years ago Mr. Tata ventured into hospitality industry because of a racist experience…

1  Thank Companion22521561299
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Taj is truly the jewel in the crown of all the hotels in India, its hospitality and service is second to none. All the little personal touches and attention to detail makes the guest feel very welcome. The food is consistently excellent, this was our fourth time staying in the Taj group of hotels. The rooms are spotlessly clean, each and every member of staff greets the guests warmly with a smile and a namaste and go out of their way in making them feel comfortable.As soon as you enter the hotel a very fresh jasmine aroma greets you warmly, you dissolve into the surroundings and feel completely relaxed. So much so, my daughter found out what they used and went to the Forest Essentials shop and got some to take home. The piped music is very soothing as yo walk through the corridors.The best thing that I liked is that Indian traditions are maintained, the female staff wore beautifully designed sarees that have been designed on the intricate inlaid work of the Taj Mahal in Agra. The male staff wore Indian sherwanis giving them a very regal look.The spa Jiva is beautifully designed and very relaxing with the marble flooring with water channels, the spa treatments were very good.We booked to go on the tour of the hotel and were very touched with the memorial to those that sadly lost their lives in the terrorist attack. The ballroom is very impressive and the little stories around all the corridors pointed out by the guide of all the famous personalities that stayed at the hotel was very interesting. The most touching of all was the way that the families of those that perished in this disaster are invited every year on the anniversary to remember their loved ones. The ethos of the company is par excellence in the way they nurture and treasure their staff, we hope that the Indian culture and traditions continue into the future along with adapting to the needs of the foreign guests.One evening we dined in the Sea Lounge, the live music was excellent and gave the feel of the bygone era of the days of the British empire.We had arrived to celebrate Diwali in India and were thoroughly impressed with the decorations in the lobby and in the other common public areas.Overall we had a fabulous time and will certainly consider returning to enjoy more of this luxurious hospitality! I have signed up to the Inner Circle in anticipation of future stays.

Review collected in partnership with Taj Hotels & Resorts
GMTheTajMahalPalace, General Manager at Taj Mahal Tower, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 4 days ago

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Thank you, we had a wonderful stay as always. Taj Mahal palace & tower has an aura of itself & the hotel team is doing it s best to keep this alive. Shamina & Sea lounge are our favourites. The upgraded facilities at the Taj palace have increased its appeal further. We wish them well & may god bless.

Room tip: Higher floor for a wonderful view of the gateway.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here as it looked like a lovely hotel, which it is. However some of the staff are very rude and if you don't dress in designer clothes, you feel judged and not welcomed compared to other 5 star hotel we have visited. I understand that the staff have to check whether you are staying in the hotel to go to the pool, but when you are the only people to get asked you room number and whether you are a guest or not multiple times, it becomes uncomfortable and unwelcoming which you expect in a hotel like this.

Not all was bad, the woman who welcomed us was lovely, i think Natasha, and the rooms are very comfortable and clean. I would definitely recommend to people but just be aware of what is written above.