We were booked at the Emerald initially for 9 nights, but needed to extend our stay to 18 ( at the same nightly rate and inclusions as our original internet booking). It started very well with our complimentary airport pickup to our airport drop off when we left.
The studio room was roomy and had a lovely view of the tropical garden next door, with the kites ( native bird of prey) circling and landing in the palm trees, the occassional indian ringneck and of course, pigeons) You feel safely buffered from the bustle of the busy Juhu Tara Road.
The room had a small but functional kitchenette, with cooking utensils and pans etc. The floors and bathroom were cool, beautiful marble. The wall tiles in the bathroom could do with a grout scrub but but the shower was spacious and vanity and toilet clean. The exhaust fan was quiet and good lighting throughout the studio, even a night light.
Room cleaning was throrough, and apart from us leaving our towels hanging to prevent daily laundering they were changed everyday.
We used the free wifi in the lobby, the ( 1st 30 minutes free) business room, with 3 desktop pc's, printer etc, and paid for wifi in our room on occassion. All easy options depending on your needs at the time. Front desk staff are happy to help with all sorts of things, iuncluding changing currency.
Our package included buffet breakfast and it was always lovely, and the hot dishes changed every day, as did the fresh juice and flavoured lassi. My partner had not eaten exclusive vegetarian fare before and had surprisingly no cause for complaint.
We indulged with room service a few times, and we were always pleased. From taking the order, to delivery and the meal itself. All good.
Dinner in the Saphire restaurant was always a pleasure and the no-fat, zero oil menu is great. I would definitely recommend the dahl masala and the clear soup. The service was always impecable, but sometimes a little intrusive.
We availed upon the private car/driver service a few times as we had to get to Andheri, and we pre booked and paid. Once they were quite late in picking us up but, the front desk staff called the manager, the car arrived shortly afterwards, and we still got there on time. (We always gave ourselves 30minutes to an hour leeway on getting anywhere.The traffic can be totally mad)The drivers always polite with passable to excellent English, and cars spotless, and you feel safer in the larger SUV's.
In summary the staff are plentiful, efficient and helpful, the rooms clean and comfortable, and the food is excellent.
So if I need to stay in Mumbai in the future I will be returning to the Emerald, and would have no hestiation recommending it to friends and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Emerald - Hotel & Executive Apartments has elegantly furnished Superior, Deluxe rooms as well as fully Studio / One / Two Bedroom furnished apartments to offer its guests. It is close to the airports as well the commercial areas of Bombay including the NSE and MMRDA Exhibition Grounds. Juhu Beach is located across the road from the hotel. The Hotel is located in the famous Juhu area which is the happening place of Bombay. The Hotel offers all the standard facilities and amenities to its Guests from the Corporate as well as Leisure segments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Emerald - Hotel & Service Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Emerald - Hotel And Executive Apartments
- Hotel Best Western Mumbai
- Mumbai Best Western
- Best Western Hotel Mumbai
- Best Western Emerald Mumbai