“My Experience with The Oberoi Hotel Mumbai”
Review of The Oberoi, Mumbai

The Oberoi, Mumbai
Ranked #1 of 463 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed 14 May 2012

The Oberoi hotel, Mumbai is situated on the Marine Drive, the well-known road in south Mumbai. From Mumbai international airport the hotel distance is only one hour driving journey and spending few minute walking time guests can reach entertainment, Business and financial districts.

I had stayed here 15days during my Mumbai trip. The hotel was good for me because I enjoyed direct sightseeing of Arabian sea through my bed rooms. The hotel is located central place where anyone can reach all business place by spending few minutes on walking.

I had booked one deluxe room, the room length was 31 square meters, the room contains two king sized bed, straight ocean views, flat LCD television, DVD player with paid satellite channel. High speed interment access , refrigerator, modern bathroom amenities including rainfall showerhead, shower tube, hair dryer , shaving/makeup mirror , air conditioning bathroom, slippers and bathrobes. Air conditioning in room with remote control.

I had booked room in Oberoi hotel through a travel agent call TravelMaxx.org a Delhi based travel agent. They had arranged me a travel operator in order to make easy my Mumbai trip. The guider was too intelligent and pleasant mind. I was taking morning breakfast from restaurant of Oberoi hotel, the breakfast was too good. I loved its traditional Indian breakfast.

During my period in Oberoi I cannot face any kind of transport problem. The hotel offered my AC car to travel around Mumbai and other parts. I think this was my best hotel in Mumbai.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Richard M
TheOberoi_Mumbai, General Manager at The Oberoi, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing detailed experience of your stay through TripAdvisor.

The Oberoi, Mumbai, re-opened recently, after an extensive refurbishment. The hotel is redesigned to be the ultimate destination for contemporary style and luxury in the city of Mumbai. Keeping in mind our guest’s comforts, all our rooms are well appointed with innovative features using the latest technology.

The team is thrilled to know that The Oberoi, Mumbai is your preferred hotel in Mumbai.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

varun.chhibber@oberoihotels.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,322)

Reviewed 14 May 2012

The hotel is renovated very recently and it is very new, modern and clean. Nice coffee bar in the lobby with live piano music. The room is good and comfortable, good bed and modern shower and bath. Good fitness facility with modern equipment. Choise of different restaurants which are all good. At night you can have a drink at the bar with live music from a nice band who plays there for years already.
I am travelling a lot in India and stayed in many hotels but Oberoi Mumbai is the best! Good job!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank maarten v

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience through TripAdvisor.

All of us are delighted to learn that you enjoyed the facilities and the ambience of the hotel.

We have 3 speciality restaurants at The Oberoi, Mumbai – Fenix, which is our new all – day dining restaurant, which serves the best of world cuisine, Vetro, the Italian restaurant, presents the best of traditional and modern Italian cuisine. Ziya, specialises in contemporary Indian cuisine, which is under the direction of the twice Michelin starred Chef Vineet Bhatia.

At The Eau Bar Mr. George Jacob has been playing over 25 years and your generous compliments motivates him and his band to strive for excellence.

We look forward to your return and assure you of our best service and attention at all times.

Reviewed 12 May 2012

The Oberoi has undergone a complete renovation following the horrific events a few years ago, essentially drawing a line under the "before" and the "after". Whereas the "old" lobby was dark and showing its age, now light cascades into the lobby's towering atrium, perhaps a statement that good will always triumph. This sober, discreet space with it's dramatic bay window overlooking the bay, is indeed breathtaking.

One is greeted by smiles from arrival to departure. The scent of fresh cut flowers is everywhere. The staff is skilled and anticipating its clients needs, and everything seems to work like a well synchronized clock. The rooms are on the small side, but are outfitted with the all of the necessary comforts and technology. The bathroom is beautiful, equipped with a freestanding tub as well as an oversized walk-in shower. As a means of creating a greater feeling of space, the bedroom and bathroom are separated by a glass wall, equipped with an electronic shade that can be lowered for privacy, if required. The room has wi-fi, a bit expensive, but available, and multiple 110/220 outlets where you'd expect to find them (desk, bathroom...). A nice touch: when requesting a wake-up call, coffee/tea delivery is proposed as a matter of course, so the day can get off to a nice start.
The Oberoi is very will situated for visiting the city. The traffic in Mumbai is epic, so being in this location is convenient to the main sites in the city. Numerous new hotels have opened in Bandra, near the airport, but these are mainly focused on capturing the business traveller whose office will most typically be located in the Bandra Kurla area. I am lucky to have my office in Nariman, which has a much more city feel about it, with numerous options to explore once the working day is over.
I highly recommend this property, and outstanding place to stay while in this incredibly exciting city.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank voyageur à paris
TheOberoi_Mumbai, General Manager at The Oberoi, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing feedback of your stay, through TripAdvisor.

All of us are delighted to read your comments and to note that you have had a wonderful and a comfortable stay at The Oberoi, Mumbai.

Our team members are our greatest strength and your appreciation motivates them to scale newer heights.

Thank you for recommending The Oberoi, Mumbai and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 11 May 2012

My wife and I spent our first night in India at the Oberoi in March. We were picked up at the airport by an experienced and welcoming driver and the three nights we spent there will forever be etched in our memories as the most exquisite stay anywhere. service beyond impeccable!
We would be returning in January (if they had a vacancy for us)...Larry and jacqueline Lamb

Room Tip: The weekend specials are a great deal! Breakfast buffet are great
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LAL42

Dear Mr. & Mrs. Lamb,

Thank you for staying with us at The Oberoi, Mumbai and sharing your views through TripAdvisor.

It is indeed very heartening to know that your stay with us was an experience of a life time and that you have taken fond memories of your stay with us.

At The Oberoi, we take great pride in the service that we offer and your appreciation motivates us to achieve greater heights.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to your home in Mumbai.

Reviewed 9 May 2012

This was my first time returning to the Oberoi since its post November 2008 refurbishment.

I think they’ve done an excellent job – the hotel rooms are now completely up-to-date with modern amenities and fixtures & fittings (so up-to-date that those of you who are not fans of glass-walled bathrooms may think that it is indeed too trendy!). The décor and amenities have a sense of understated elegance, while retaining the local and unique Oberoi feel… for example, it’s not often on your travels that you’ll find high-end own-brand saffron & honey bathroom amenities!

The service retains the excellent old Oberoi touch – switched on and efficient without being too obtrusive – and this applies to everyone from the porters through to the cleaning staff.

As for gripes, well – the entrance is now a bit odd, but it’s understandable given the additional security that the new layout offers. Also, the breakfast area needs to be significantly large: it gets pretty busy in there in the mornings, plus the buffet choice should perhaps be broader than was is offered.

Overall, it’s definitely worth a revisit for those of you who have stayed there in the past.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank William_N
TheOberoi_Mumbai, General Manager at The Oberoi, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community.

We at The Oberoi feel proud to read your wonderful review. All of us are delighted to know that your stay was enjoyable. Your appreciation for our team members is heartening and I am glad you could take back fond memories of the hotel with you.

Reviewed 8 May 2012

we were overwhelmed by the wonderful service at the mumbai oberoi .
the hotel is immaculate , extremely comfortable .
the staff were extremely efficient ,always willing to please and delightful in the manner in which we were always treated . the restaurants are great , the food delectable .
we would stay there again should we visit mumbai
berine and ahmed moosa , south africa

Room Tip: choose a sea facing room
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments with the TripAdvisor community.

Nothing gives us more joy than to know that our guests had a memorable experience. We are truly honoured and inspired by your recommendation, as one of finest hotels in the world.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

I visit The Oberoi Mumbai on a monthly basis from the UK on business trips. As a frequent visitor over a two year period The Oberoi consistently maintains the highest of standards. I cannot praise the staff enough and their forensic attention to detail. It truly feels like arriving home as I pull through the highly security conscious gates to the hotel. Wherever I go I am greeted by smiles and mostbof the staff will address me by my name. The hotel is chic in it's minimalist modern style, but somehow maintains a balance of warmth and calm throughout. Every need is met...and if it isn't only need to ask and it will happen! The Michelin starred restaurant Ziya is superb. Truly wonderful presentation, tastes and impeccable service. I love sitting by the floor to ceiling windows in The Oberoi looking out to sea or Mumbai life below. One feels very safe and nurtured throughout. Looking forward to my next trip already. Thank you Oberoi Mumbai staff....

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor.

We are all delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay with us.

All of us are delighted by your recognition of being the “Best City” hotel in the world. Your appreciation for our team members is truly very inspiring, which will motivate them to achieve greater heights of excellence in service.

I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back