“WORST Customer Service Experience In Bombay in 15 years”

Ramada Plaza Palm Grove
Ranked #59 of 489 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed 8 September 2017

I had a bad vibe about this property from the moment I checked in..

Incident 1 -

The bell boy who helped me with the bags till my room (A fairly man) made me really uncomfortable with his stares..

He kept standing in the room staring at me and smiling long after he had placed the bags in the room .. i said "Thank you" almost 3-4x however, he didn't move and kept staring at me.. It was so unprofessional.

Incident 2-

The bedsheets were dirty and had spots on them. The shower was broken and was leaking .. after i took the shower, there was water everyone.. in the shower area outside the shower area.. they really need to repair their shower and

Incident 4 -

I had spoken with the lady at the reception in person as well as on the phone to allow me to check out at 1500 instead of 1200 since i had an emergency .. she said she cannot allow at 1500 however, at 1400 instead.. i said "Ok, I appreciate it.. "

She didn't or forgot to update her system or make a note and my keys stopped working at 1200. i had gone out to eat and i couldn't get in post noon. i then requested for another keys so i could get in.. One of the housekeeping staff helped me get in.

Incident 5 -

At 13:45 i got a call if i am checking out at 1400 or no.. i said i am.

At 13:50 someone knocked on my door (despite the fact that i had a "DO NOT DISTURB" tag on the door.. and asking me in loud voice "Am i checking out or no"

i said i am packing my bags and will check out soon.

At 14:01 i got another call asking When will i check out.

Can you believe this?

I have stayed in a million properties all over India and in 11 other countries, this has got to be the most unprofessional and amateur staff i have ever seen.

Incident 6 -

By now I couldn't wait to leave this property and check-in to a hotel that knows some customer service..

I asked the hotel reception desk if they could arrange an Uber or Ola cab for me since i dont have an Indian no or any calling no they said, "They couldn't.

I explained them that i do not have an indian no , the guy said He cannot book Ola using his phone cause sometimes people dont pay the cancelation fee and then he has to pay it ..i told him that if an uber or ola driver has charged you wrong cancellation fee you can always claim a refund (i have done that too, they have good customer service) however the hoel reception staff didnt help me..

It was really weird. I went to the main exit door and asked the gaurd what should i do and the gaurd helped me book a cab. This gentleman used his personal phone to book an Ola Cab for me and called the chauffeur .. He was super nice and helpful..

I will not stay at this property ever again.. The staff needs an immediate training on "CUSTOMER SERVICE" and "PROFESSIONAL BEHAVIOUR"

Unarguably my worst hotel experience in India.

The worst thing was that at the time of check-out i expressed my disappointment and gave a verbal as well as written feedback to the reception staff who handed over the bill to me and did my check-out formalities, however , he didn't say a word. No Apology. No Response. Nothing.

He was too swamped counting cash received from the new customer.. It was very disrespectful and super annoying..

Horrible horrible experience.

Room Tip: There is no good room
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Ramada_Juhu, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Palm Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Ramada Plaza Palm Grove Mumbai!!

I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel as your accommodation during your recent visit to Mumbai and providing a feedback on Tripadvisor.

I am concerned to hear of your experience at the Ramada Plaza Palm Grove Mumbai and thank you for bringing it to our attention. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the manner in which your stay was handled at the hotel.

I would like to inform you about few points which you mentioned in your feedback.

The bell boy was waiting in your room for your passport because you mentioned on arrival that you will handover your passport to the bell man as you could not produce it during check in. The hotel was fully booked and it was difficult to offer late departure. However the Front Office team went out of the way and offered two ours late departure for you, but it seems you further delayed by thirty minutes and then they started calling you because lot of check in guest was waiting for their rooms in the lobby. To book any app based taxi you have to have your own app loaded in your mobile. The hotel Travel Desk operates 24*7 and can always book a car for your requirement. I have noted your feedback and will certainly take necessary action.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service on a daily basis. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you and hope to see you during your next visit.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 7 September 2017

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
1  Thank rohitkumar25
Ramada_Juhu, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Palm Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Reviewed 6 September 2017

As I reached early morning, had requested for a early check in.
The staff obliged with the same and I was in my room without any hassles.
Really appreciate as I was too sleepy.
But still a request, my phone internet was troubling me, please share your WiFi when guest in trouble before checking in.

Room Tip: Nice and clean
Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to share your feedback on your recent stay at Ramada Plaza Palm Grove Mumbai.

I am pleased to note that our services and facilities were to your satisfaction. Your positive feedbacks about the hotel are deeply appreciated and have been communicated to all the members of our team.

I thank you for your valuable comments and look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits and assure you of the best in service and hospitality.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 6 September 2017

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and 3 days,dated 09/02/2017--09/04/2017.I was not expecting the kind of hospitality which i received,its world class.
The check in took some time as i arrived at 9am at the hotel but the lady Hetal made the arrangement within 10 minutes and i got my room in the 2nd floor.Its partial sea view room but it has everything "JUST" perfect.Room is spacious,Bed is king size with clean and comfortable mattress and sheet.Bathroom has all toiletries,bath robe,hair dryer.

House keeping is excellent specially Dashrath who went out of the way to make things clean and perfect .The lift,lobby,corridors were really clean and perfectly maintained.No one will bother u asking for Tips

Bang opposite to Juhu Beach,Awesome location..No other hotel has such prime location..HIGHLY RECOMMENDED PLACE

Hotel security is really helpful and always greets with a smile which is a very positive attitude.

The only minus point which i found was the food--i had dinner in the 24/7 restaurant,ordered for Mutton Biriyani and my friends ordered for Mutton rogan josh.Both the dishes were much below standard.The Biriyani was never a biriyani but rice mixed with mutton gravy.Neither the biriyani had the aroma nor presentation nor taste.Mutton rogan josh was Blackish in colour and thick gravy which is not a usual Rogan Josh Texture or colour.Paid Rs 2450 for the dinner which i think was a complete waste of Money.Mr sumon Mondal was serving us,he tried all ways to convince me but as i myself is a hotel management Guy and an Amature cook i knew what is what.

Over all am happy and will certainly book this hotel when i need to travel to mumbai but i will never eat at their Restaurant

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms are perfect..Do not order Biriyani or Rogan Josh
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your experience at Ramada Plaza Palm Grove, Mumbai.

I am very grateful for your note complimenting the services and facilities of our hotel. Positive feedback from our guests is always a strong motivation to all of us to continuously provide a high level of services to our guests. Your positive feedback's about the hotel are deeply appreciated and have been communicated to all the members of our team.

The team at the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 5 September 2017

The hotel is right on to the Juhu Beach and is surrounded by best of the eating joints. Its proximity to the airport is also good. At just a walking distance you would be in the heart of Juhu Bunglows.

Room Tip: See the room before taking it. The view is important.
Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very kind and thoughtful feedback.

Comments such as these always encourage us in enhancing our efforts to provide the best in hospitality and service.

It was indeed a pleasure having you at the Ramada Plaza Palm Grove Mumbai and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Nice ambient, good cleanliness, nice rooms, good restaurant, good service. The only problem that I suggest to solve is inside the rooms. Is not possible shutdown the conditioning because otherwise immediately the humidity is coming depositing vapour n roof and floor. Even if the conditioning system is selected on the low, the temperature inside the room drops and is very cold...

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Thank Valerio Alessan... B

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

I have noted your comments about our air condition system and will certainly take corrective action. However the bedside console allows you to control the room temperature from 18 to 26 degree C.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back at Ramada Plaza Palm Grove Mumbai in the near future.

Kindest regards.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

We stayed there for two night from 30-08-17 to 01-08-17. Had great experience with their service and hospitality. Staff was very polite. Excellent Location, well maintained rooms. Food was also very good.

Subhash C. Mahajan

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Ramada_Juhu, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Palm Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

Kindest regards.