All reviewsjuhu beachmorning walkswimming poolbeach facingsea viewkebabcoffee shopfive star hotelhotel stayquality of foodclose to the airportweddingbollywoodindiaambiencepoolsidehospitality
Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

A small old hotel on an excellent location by the Juhu beach. Though rated as a five star hotel the services, lobby and facilities are not upto the mark. The lifts are very slow old models. Room we were assigned was little depressing with poor lighting, damp cracked walls with damaged paints. Toilets were large enough with two wash basins though water force in the shower was too weak. Food was great but, including the morning breakfast buffet. Continental delicacies were worth recommending. The most attractive feature of the hotel is great seaside sitting arena including access to a relatively quiet beach.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
SunnSandHotelGroup, Vice President & General Manager at Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2018

Dear Mr Satyajit,

Thank you for having spared time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.It was a delight to have been able to look after you.

I assure you of an improved experience on your future visit to Sun n Sand Mumbai.

Arunabh Sinha

Reviewed March 23, 2018

Due to flight delays on the 22nd, i checked in early morning on the 23rd. I got into my room in less than 7 minutes after getting into the hotel which was quick & impressive. Two flaws i noticed on entering is, security didn't scan my bag through the scanner nor me while entering . When i asked him the same, he said, it is fine sir. It might be fine for a few, but security lapses can lead to disastrous situations which none of us wants. The room what i saw in the pic while booking & the room what i got is entirely different. Forget city view, i could see trees & the terrace of another building. I didn't complain as i was dead tired & didn't want to make a mess of the situation. The rooms are tidy & clean & the staff has been quick to respond to our needs.

Loved the breakfast buffet & all the services. Just that the reception should we well aware of the visitors coming in for the guests irrespective of the gender. One will say you have a guest, we are sending them upstairs. The other says, visitors are not allowed to guest rooms. If these minor things are sorted, would be much better

Room Tip: Have to be sure of the room they see on the pictures & the rooms they get
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
SunnSandHotelGroup, Vice President & General Manager at Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2018

Dear Guest,

I thank you for choosing to stay at Sun-n-Sand, Mumbai and taking time out to share your feedback with us.

We delighted to know, that you are happy with our quick and impressive check-in process.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us. The issues mentioned by you have been taken up with the Security & Front Office department and necessary steps and improvements will be made.

I assure you the lapses you experienced do not recur.

We will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon to the Sun n Sand Mumbai

Reviewed March 20, 2018 via mobile

Three cheers to sun n sand Juhu for the perfect arrangements. From their Reservation to the check out it was all perfect. Mr Dsouza who arranged the room ensured that the room was as per our instructions. Mr Mandar house keeping took special care of the special request like elevation of the bed which no other hotel would entertain so grateful.
It was home away from home. Thank you.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
SunnSandHotelGroup, Vice President & General Manager at Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2018

Dear Ms Sheetal,

Thank you for sharing your Sun n Sand Mumbai experience on this forum. It was a delight to know that you felt pampered by the personal touch provided by every team member made your stay memorable.

Thank you for recognizing Mr. Clevert D'Souza And Mr. Mandar, I'm certain it will only inspire them to go the extra mile each time for our guests.

The team and I look forward to the pleasure of your return. Assuring you of our best services all the time.

Reviewed March 13, 2018 via mobile

Sun N Sand

Sun N Sand, Is A Hotel Situated In Juhu, Church Road, Besides Novotel Hotel, With Perfect View Of Sunset And Juhu Beach

To Reach This Hotel, One need to cross Besides Novotel Hotel Premises, As You Enter This Sun N Sand, You Will Find Beautiful Restaurant Aqua, Which Situated Opposite To The Entrance, With Beautiful Pool Consists At The Chilling Area, The Pool Is Located At Open Area, Where You Will Find The Actual View Of Sunset And Juhu Beach. (Since Which is Sun N Sand Is Famous For)

Nearest Station: Vileparle (Western Railway)

Nearest Bus Depot: Juhu Bus Depot

Airport Is Few Kilometres From Sun N Sand

Nearest Metro Station: DN Nagar (One Can Hire Rickshaw, Bus For Metro Station, Since it is Not Near by walking)

One Can Hire Rickshaw, Taxi, Ola, Uber, BEST Buses (BEST Are the Local Public Transport)

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
SunnSandHotelGroup, Vice President & General Manager at Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2018

Dear Mr. Som,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor with regards to your recent stay at Sun n Sand Mumbai.

I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and acknowledged so many positive elements which are highly appreciated.

Thank you once again, for your comments and for your support, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Sun n Sand Mumbai in the future.

Arunabh Sinha

Reviewed March 12, 2018

The hotel seems really old and tired. The staff is amicable & the location is good... however there are far better places in the same cost with much better service and hospitality. The overall enthusiasm of the staff was really low. I had booked specifically for a non-smoking room and non-smoking floor & when we checked in they had nothing to offer us other than rooms filled with smoke in the carpets, bedding and pillows. When we insisted that this was a specific booking request, we had to move 3 rooms until we were finally given a room on the non-smoking floor late at night. If one wishes to book here, it would be for the location. The breakfast is very rudimentary. Basically not worth the money

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Ms. Manjiri,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us. The issues mentioned by you have been taken up with the Front Office department and necessary steps and improvements will be made.

I assure you the lapses you experienced do not recur.

We will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon to the Sun n Sand Mumbai