US$298
US$129
US$103
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Le Grande(Mumbai)(Great Value!)
US$48
US$41
3,516 results
All reviewsmarine driveindia jonesfrangipani restaurantopium denarabian seaqueen's necklacesea facing roomoberoi groupsouth mumbaithe club loungeroom serviceexcellent hotelduty managermemorable staybusiness triphousekeeping staffin room dining
Reviewed 17 February 2012

This is a luxury hotel with all the service and the high standard (and security at the entrance) that comes with it. Even though we arrived from the airport sweaty and with dirty backpacks, we were greeted with smiling courtesy all around. All the staff speak perfect English and are very friendly and helpful. We had paid extra to get a sea view room, and the view was amazing, as was the standard of the room.

We had planned to have dinner elsewhere but ended up having a late dinner in India Jones (one of the restaurants, with Asian cuisine) after kindly being admitted without a reservation. The food was great, as was the service. Next morning we tried the breakfast buffet in Frangipani, which was simply amazing. It wasn't included, but when we checked out the bill for the breakfast hadn't arrived, and so we were treated to it anyway. The only downside with Frangipani is that the acoustics make it rather noisy. Try the smaller lounge buffet for a calmer breakfast. We had our second dinner at Frangipani (Italian and Indian cuisine) which was also very good, but had the same noise problem in the evening. Also note that Frangipani doesn't serve alcohol.

Both the hotel and the restaurants are heartily recommended.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

I am pleased to note that you had a memorable stay at Trident, Nariman Point. Your appreciation for the service and food served motivates us in our endeavor to create delight for all our guests.

My team and I look forward to your continued visits and take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and services at all times.

E-mail: sanju.soni@tridenthotels.com

Reviewed 15 February 2012

We did not stay here but stayed at the Oberoi next door in June 2011. However as both the hotels are interconnected, we enjoyed the restaurants at the Trident too.

The service was most efficient and the food- mouth watering.

Frangipani- The all day dining restaurants serves the best pizzas.
India Jones- services the best asian cuisine - the thai curry and the dimsums are a must have.

Have seen the rooms too- the rooms have been recently refurbished and have great views of the sea or the city.

The shopping arcade at the hotel is a good spot for retail-therapy !

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Go for the sea view rooms on the higher floors!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

I am delighted to note that you have had an enjoyable stay and it was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We are glad that we could make your trip memorable. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you to Trident, Nariman Point.

E-mail: sanju.soni@tridenthotels.com

Reviewed 13 February 2012

I stayed here twice during the space of one week and found my experience very different on my return later in the week when I was lucky enough to be upgraded to one of the renovated rooms. I had booked a deluxe oceanview room and for my first night was offered a rather gloomy room on the 10th floor that clearly had been decorated a good 15years ago. The service remained very good and the room was also nevertheless very clean and comfortable, but when I returned two days later and was put in a newer room on the 12th floor, I was pleasantly surprised by a much more attractive room, with newer equipment and a sleek modern design (not to mention much better lighting!)

The room service food (egg white omelette + cheese cake) was delicious and I appreciated the vast variety of options. The breakfast buffet was also excellent- my main reason for returning despite the originally disappointing room. Front desk and concierge service were also both top notch- very helpful and friendly.

Beware of high internet wifi charges... 300rupees for 30minutes!

Spa was lovely, though basic.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the renovated floors (such at the 12th...)
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2012

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay at Trident, Nariman Point. Do let us know when you back in Mumbai, we would be pleased to provide you a room of your preference. We thank you for your valuable feedback which helps us to serve our guest in a better way.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Trident, Nariman Point.

Reviewed 9 February 2012

I own a travel agency in Portugal and was in Mumbai for business but paid for my stay at normal rate.

Location: this is the best value of this hotel, Nariman is a perfect place to stay both for business and leisure, with many offices nearby, in front of the sea and good restaurants and shops close also. You must have in mind that traffic in Mumbai is chaos, if it did not exist you would take around 45 minutes to the airport and 15 minutes to uptown, but on a normal day it can take 2 hours to the airport and more than an hour to uptown;

Room: they tried to make something special out of the room, I think it does not work. Normal in size, working desk which is convenient, but it doesn't feel comfortable and the bed isn't very good also. It has a small bathroom (too small considering a five star) with regular amenities;

Service: very good check in service, excellent, with a lot of smiles and efficiency and got an upgrade and a late check out very easily. But our luggage took about half an hour to arrive in the room and a drink at the Champagne Bar (which in fact belongs to the Oberoi Hotel, but same building) took ages;

General: good for the location but I will stay in another hotel next time in Mumbai.

Room Tip: Sea facing please!
1  Thank ub44
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2012

Greetings from Trident, Nariman Point!

I thank you for taking the time off to provide us invaluable feedback regarding your stay at the Trident, Nariman Point.

We are pleased to know that the services and facilities offered to you are to your satisfaction. Your feedback on the location, room and service has been note and we thank you for the same.

It is feedback from esteemed guests like you that helps us to constantly introspect our systems and procedures and assists us in striving for a better product and service.

Reviewed 7 February 2012

The hotel is functional and good value but is a little older and hence run down than the newer property at bandra Kurla. But still a good option and close to Colaba and all the shopping!!

Room Tip: You can have a great run in front of the hotel along the bay!!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Trident_NarimanPoint, General Manager at Trident, Nariman Point, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2012

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay and that services rendered by my team were to your satisfaction. We thank you for your valuable feedback.