“stayed there and will come back again!”
Review of The Mirador Hotel

The Mirador Hotel
Ranked #81 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Chicago, Illinois
“stayed there and will come back again!”
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I stayed in Mirador, after returning to India after 8years!!! It was amazing experience. They have improved, from being a standard luxury corporate hotel to a super luxury hotel catering to a wide gamut of International travellors. I love the way they have floors that are designed differently. I did see trip advisor to know about their hotel, but made a decision of my own, not based on other's perception. I think that place deserved to be in the higher ranks.
The front desk manager and the director is amazing, very friendly and personable. I felt the security that checks the taxicabs are good, because it made me feel safe.

I come to India very rarely, since I am based outta USA and travel the world for business, This place ranks amongst the top of the designor hotels, I have stayed.

Kudos...will be back soon!!!

Room Tip: try their Club Myra rooms!!!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank econvergence

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I had booked a double occupancy Club Myra room at Mirador for me and my fiancee. When I called them to confirm my reservation, I was in for a shock.

They did not allow us to check-in citing hotel policy arguments. According to them, for couples it was necessary to furnish 'Marriage Certificate'. Whereas in their hotel policy it was specifically written that PROOF OF IDENTIFICATION is reqd for couples.

It was insane. We were ready to furnish our passports and other identity proofs but they simply did not show any sensitivity to the situation.

Now...Who carries their marriage certificate with them while travelling??? and even if they do, I think they should act responsibly and should have allowed me and my fiancee to check-in.

More than that they had the galls to suggest that I occupy the room and my fiancee can 'spend' time at the coffee shop!

To top it all off...they flatly refused a refund...forget about full..not even partial!! 8k down the drain..but lesson learned.

All other similar hotels (4-5 star) had no qualms about us checking in and we finally made a last minute booking.

Extremely impolite reservation manager. She does not know what Customer Relationship is.

For potential customers...PLZ DO NOT CHOOSE THIS HOTEL. They are out to rip out our wallets.

Room Tip: Please DO NOT choose this hotel. Horrible Management!!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

28 Thank Jalad M
Milburn S, Director of Rooms at The Mirador Hotel, responded to this review, 15 February 2012
The Mirador is a niche corporate business designer hotel and has earned a reputation for its service standards and elite client profile. Every guest booked with us is prior intimated about our policies through the reservation confirmation. Even on your call to the hotel, the same was well explained and informed prior to you by our reservation manager. We permit a couple to check-in only once we are convinced about their legitimacy. It is mandatory for every couple to produce, any proof, authenticating their legitimacy. Failing to produce, the management reserves all rights to dishonor the reservation and refuse check-in.

Cancellation of reservation, 24 hrs prior to check-in, attracts a full day retention for which we don't refund the amount. ( Also mentioned in the policy ).

Hotel Policies are not uniformed and we do not adhere to other hotels credibility and policies of admission.

We are sincerely apologetic on your dis-satisfaction. Request and suggest you to check the terms and conditions for all your future reservations to hotels to avoid such inconveniences.

Inconvenience regretted,

Director of Rooms.
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Stayed at the Mirador again after a few months...the place just gets better...great value for money...and excellent in room services..location obviously a massive plus point!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
We very much appreciate your Loyalty and positive comments regarding your stay at
"the Mirador hotel", Mumbai.

Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward.

We look forward to having you soon once again with us.

Director of Rooms
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I am a biz traveller and made a booking online for double occupancy with a reconfirmed reservation. Upon arrival the reservation shows single occupancy and demanded extra RS.1500+ taxes and the reception staff and manager was very rude and inhumanly abusive. The security had a irritating confrontation with the taxi driver, the reception staff are very rude and stupid who don't try to understand, the manager behaves like a thug, who thinks that all guests are at his mercy. The hotel policy is to fleece it's customers in whatever way possible with exorbitant rates and no service. Pls don't fall prey to their cheap offers you will end up paying much more with very bad service and rude abusive staff. BEWARE PLS.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
20 Thank Vinodvn
The Mirador is a niche corporate business designer hotel and has earned a reputation for its high service standards and niche client profile. Every guest booked with us is prior intimated about our policies through the reservation confirmation. Your room was initially booked for a Single occupancy and was amended to double occupancy, but you never gave us the second persons name intentionally although we requested it to you by email.
You Came to the hotel by taxi with a lady visitor. Taxi's aren't permitted into the hotel premises due to security concerns and have to mandatory go through security screening before permitting it inside.
We allow only genuine legitimate couples to check-in, once convinced after verifying their documents or photo Identity. In your case the photo ID names and and ages didn't match nor get near to a legitimate couple for us to be convinced to process the registration and therefore was declined.
We offered you to use our coffee shop or upper lounge quiet area, since you mentioned you had only a business meeting with her. However you instead chose to go out with the lady after check-in. In your case it was evident that the relationship and reasons were not genuine, therefore the management reserves all rights to dishonor the reservation and refuse check-in of the lady visitor.

We request you and your family to give us an opportunity to experience a memorable stay with us in the near future, assuring you of comfort and personal care by our professional team.

Inconvenience regretted,

Delhi
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Have stayed at the Mirador on 5 occasions. Two excellent experiences, two terrible ones, one neutral.

What's good:
1) If you have business in Andheri East like I normally do, it's the perfect location. On the highway so it's less than 20 mins from either airport and across the road from Solitaire Business Park. Easy access to Goregaon, Powai and the suburbs as well.
2) Great breakfast- everything you could ask for
3) Renovated rooms with modern shower stall, furniture, TV
4) Price- great room rates for Mumbai compared to the room size/quality
5) The bellboys are extremely courteous and friendly...the only ones in the hotel

What's not:
1) They've got an extremely rude and unhelpful front office manager who doesn't even realise when she's rude and rigid. Claims she's been doing this to Mirador clients for 6 years. I wonder how many (like me finally have had enough)
2) Noise: Unless you are on a higher floor (like I was lucky enough to be a couple of occasions, then prepare for a night of listening to the room service/housekeeping staff talking incessantly and rattling carts and misc. items. In the morning wake up to the sound of Mumbai traffic as there's no buffer between the rooms and the highway and poor sound insulation.
3) Poor wireless connectivity
4) Poor problem solving capability. They are good at apologising but either lack the skills or the authority to take the simplest of remedies like most hotels in India.
5) Check-in and check-out procedures: The worst, most cumbersome and most time consuming that I have ever come across since the computerisation of hotel receptions!

I've got most of my company to shift hotels and I haven't stayed there since my last experience nearly a year ago!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
12 Thank skywords
Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed 22 January 2012

This hotel had a handy location for the airport and free shuttle service. Service was excellent and buffet was great for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Had room service which was also fine but could have a larger selection.
Reliable wake up calls which is important and very good bellboys. They were helpful without being pushy and had good personalities.
Stayed there twice, second time on the 1st floor and the room was smaller and not as nice. Found the layout of the hotel to not be the best for sound quality in the halls as were woken more than once by loud guests.
Laundry service was helpful.
If you don't have a car to walk around and find anything useful is not easy to do.
GYM-awesome! Was one of the best gyms in a hotel that we found so we took advantage of that.

Room Tip: Avoid 1st floor or rooms close to the elevators as the open concept at the front can mean a bit nois...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Milburn S, Director of Rooms at The Mirador Hotel, responded to this review, 26 January 2012
Appreciate and thank you for taking the time to tell us about your wonderful experience at the Mirador Hotel, Mumbai.

Your comments have given us immense satisfaction and I'm glad you enjoyed our buffets, services and facilities.

Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you faced due to the noise on the first floor.

We look forward to welcoming you once again soon and assure to give you a quiet, comfortable and larger room on the higher floors.

Assuring our best services.

Warm Regards
Director of Rooms
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed 12 January 2012

This hotel has good location with ample parking.Everything is excellent and you get warm welcome while entering .Rooms are also sufficiently big with good house-keeping.However room service rates are on the higher side and some dishes are even costlier than 5Star deluxe hotels.Staff at the front desk need to be more mature but Pallavi needs to be praised for her smiling & non-tiring approach.Overall one would like to be back in this property.

Room Tip: Sixth floor rooms
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends