“The Tasting Room: the only place in Mumbai I go for genuine leaf tea. Excellent!”

Good Earth Restaurant
Ranked #422 of 14,399 Restaurants in Mumbai
Neighbourhood: Lower Parel
Neighbourhood: Lower Parel
Reviewed June 29, 2018

Don't be disheartened by the agitating drive through the narrow spaces of Raghuvanshi Mills, Lower Parel, to reach Good Earth. It's worth it! Step into the premises and as the door opens, you are welcomed by the pleasant whiff of sandalwood. Open the door to your right, and you walk into Good Earth, the extremely steeply priced and the extremely superb-quality home store. Turn towards the steps on your left, and walk up to The Tasting Room, taking in the innovative theme of Good Earth displayed on the wall to your right. On the first floor you encounter quaintness personified. The theme softly flows into this eatery, which becomes a tea place in the early evenings and a dinner haven into the night. Artistically done up, with Good Earth upholstery, designs, even the cutlery and crockery...trust me, they treat you well. The staff is well trained, polite and accommodating. The pot of tea is unbelievably low priced (thank god!), though the snacks and other food items are priced above average. And I don't mind paying for it, because everything tastes above average too. their beetroot cake with icecream has been discontinued - it was one of my favourite's. The Tasting Room is an experience, not your run of the mill eatery or restaurant. It also boasts of space. And they are only one of the very few who know how to make good use of space. Sit back, enjoy an unhurried meal or snack. It is an enriching experience, if I may say so...suddenly, I regret writing this review because, selfishly, I don't want it to get overcrowded...

Reviewed June 7, 2018 via mobile

This is a really expensive restaurant. The food was tasty. The quality was good but the quantity was very less. We paid 600₹ for a small slice of watermelon with some feeta cheese. I do not recommend this restaurant to anybody who wants a low priced restaurant. I don't think I will like to visit this restaurant again. The looks are good and restaurant is grand bit the price is not good.

Reviewed December 23, 2017

love this place, part of the new Bombay, and a really relaxing place for the ladies who lunch or those who want a cuppa tea in the afternoon...

Reviewed July 30, 2017

A visit with the family and friends. The tone was set by the ambiance, service and food. A little extra cost, but worth it.

Reviewed May 26, 2017

Whereas Mumbai is a sensory explosion in all the wrong ways (garmi-gardi-gandagi, plus honking and spit/filth EVERYWHERE), Good Earth/Tasting Room is a welcome relief in many ways. The food is quite tasty, high quality, and healthy, but even more noteworthy is the ambiance and decor -- you feel a sense of relief and calmness as soon as you walk in.

Once I discovered this place, I ate here a few days in a row. True story, I even had the high tea service (for two)...all to myself (!)...what can I say, I really wanted to try it! The desserts/scones were mediocre, but the sandwiches and tea were most excellent.