“Worst Banquet and front Desk”
Review of Solitaire Hotel

Solitaire Hotel
Ranked #341 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
New Delhi, India
“Worst Banquet and front Desk”
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I am on a business trip and had been staying in this hotel for 4 days. The staff here is the worst I have come across.
It seems either they dont understand, and pretend not to help the patrons.

You ask for seperate tea in breakfast & are answered its chargeable. I reuested for seperate tea not POT tea, but they dont seem to understand or flatly refuse.

I requested front desk for a print out of my flight ticket, and the front dek guy plainly refuses to help you. I reuest him that i will mail it to you, just take 1 page print out and he plainly refuses.

You cannot expect this kind of service from a hotel of repute.

Really really bad staff

Vivek

Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank pathakv

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Rooms are a mixed bag of old and new so ask for a newly remodeled one. Cant beat the free airport pickup and drop off. Food was good and service ok.

• Stayed February 2012
Melbourne
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Thanks to Air India sending me a text message of a very long flight delay just as I was reaching the airport, I succumbed to the taxi driver who told me he knew a "good hotel - not too expensive". I know I should never have let my guard down but I got sucked in. Price was too high for the type of establishment Hotel Solitaire was but then it was near airport and I couldn't be bothered arguing. On being taken to our room, we were horrified to see that the sheets were dirty and staff had bypassed changing them before they gave us the room. My husband insisted on clean sheets and clean towels and they obliged. The bathroom had been cleaned but there was a grot factor that comes with places that haven't been maintained for years. After finally settling down in our room, our phone rings with the old line of "Was that one Kingfisher you ordered or two?". The latter really set the tone of this hotel - didn't see any female staff and we went out for dinner and made sure our door was securely locked when we went to sleep. Breakfast buffet wasn't worth the effort. There must be better places near the airport for the rip-off price we were charged (which obviously included the taxi driver's commission) - I think they have a nice little racket going here as they seemed to know each taxi driver or rickshaw driver who "discreetly" popped his head in after dropping someone off. Don't get ripped off like we did - take a few minutes to reflect and find something better and cheaper.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vacancer

Travellers are raving about these Mumbai (Bombay) hotels

Guwahati, India
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We stayed here on 14/07/2011 and checked out on 15/07/2011. They gave us used Towels, there was blood stains on the blanket cover and the linen. The prices of food items were sky high. The Mini bar was full of rotten items. No one will pick up the phone in House-keeping and in the Room Service! In one sentence, this is a ZERO Star Hotel. Just avoid it! For more details, please revert back to me at ppmajumdar@gmail.com!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Guangzhou, China
Reviewed 29 June 2011

Hotel Solitaire is located near the airport so is very convenient for travel.
The hotel is not very nice but is ok for cost effective business travel, the looby and restaurant us ok, not very nice.

Rooms are spacious as per mumbai standards, no internet is offered in the room or lobby, you have to use the hotel internet in there business desk. the food offered in room service is ok, not great. but not expensive.

Rooms are clean, beds are not very comfortable, bathrooms are clean.

overall a ok hotel, not great but is value for money i think

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
New Delhi
Reviewed 8 June 2011

I have stayed 2 nights in April, hotel was under renovation and painting, so there was discomfort, economical and close to domestic Airport, rooms are comfortable. restaurant is not up to the mark. Not recommended for longer stays

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Margao, India
Reviewed 31 May 2011

This hotel was booked on the basis of its location, viz. its closeness to the Mumbai International airport. I stayed at this hotel for 4 days.

Right from the word "go", my experience was very pleasant. I was picked up at the airport by the hotel's staff. The receptionist's too were very cordial and helpful. I was taken to my room which seemed very cozy and comfortable - above all, clean. I was told about room service, laundry service, hot water availability, television, the mini fridge and its stock, etc.

As regards room service, it is prompt and the food is tasty. All the staff seemed polite and conscientious of their duties, e.g. after you have finished your meal, it is cleared off and the crockery is not just left outside the room. You are also given a complimentary Bisleri bottle daily.

If you like to eat out, you also have that option as there are fast food eateries around (e.g. Subway, Pizza Hut), though one would have to travel by rick to get to one of the same. There are general stores just outside the hotel, as also a pharmacy, and a money exchange shop.

Rooms are cleaned and wiped daily, with a total linen change and a replenishment of used toiletries or drinks/biscuits/chips/water from the mini fridge.

Overall, a stay at this hotel truly seems "paisa wasool".

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mumbai (Bombay)
GCC Hotel And Club
#51 of 454 in Mumbai (Bombay)
The E Hotel at Eskay Resorts
#111 of 454 in Mumbai (Bombay)
GCC Northside Hotel
#5 of 28 in Thane
Vile Parle East
Hotel Better Home International
Hotel Better Home International
#350 of 454 in Mumbai (Bombay)
Regent Hotel
#102 of 454 in Mumbai (Bombay)

Been to Solitaire Hotel? Share your experiences!