“Delicious Asian food, though slightly Indianized”
Review of China Bistro

China Bistro
Ranked #589 of 14,438 Restaurants in Mumbai
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 5, 2018

I visited China Bistro a couple of times in the past month. The place has a great ambiance and the staff is very polite! We ordered dumplings and a few rice and noodle dishes. All the dishes were so tasty that we were eating after we were full. Also, the quantity is quite good which justifies the prices. however, I found it a bit Indianized version - though the fusion turned out to be a quite a delicious one!

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

This is a mid priced Chinese and pan Asian restaurant that serves high quality food with great taste. Highly recommended if you are seeking to eat some Indianised Chinese food.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed March 7, 2018

For some reason my daughter wanted to eat at Gypsy Chinese. When a friend heard this she suggested China Bistro. Did some quick Web R&D and decided on going there.
This restaurant used to be Chandragupt (opp Shiv Sena Bhavan) and has been now converted to China Bistro’s Dadar branch.
Reached at 8:15 pm and well the doorman was absent and had to push the heavy doors all by myself. The décor looks average and dated.
Went with family – had some soup which was ok, definitely not something I had tested before. Found the soup fare a little limited.
Overall there are Chinese, Thai and some other SE Asian items on the menu.
The starter that we ordered had a lot of spice and looked and tasted Indian rather than Chinese. But we liked it.
The Thai curry was good, Hakka noodles ok, Rice and the other Chinese Chicken garlic sauce main dish we ordered was average.
Overall I will like to reserve my judgment till I visit one more time. But overall l did not find anything that would sent me scurrying back to this place.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed February 5, 2018 via mobile

Visited this place a week ago for an office lunch. Chose the unlimited fixed menu lunch to be pleasantly surprised by the food as well as the ambience

Parking : little tricky . You will have to use one of the Shivaji park lanes to park
Ambience : pleasant and soothing . Tables have ample elbow room to accommodate food
Food : surprisingly all the dishes tasted good.
Only cons
1) service is a little slow
2) very few soup / main course options in the limited menu buffet
3) main course takes a long time to come compared to the starters

Overall definitely worth a visit

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed January 22, 2018

We had ordered a set menu which included 2-3 starters, 2 main dishes-fish & chicken,+ dim sums Soup, &2 dessert at cost of about 1500 per head which was quite reasonable. Portions were also quite good & service was efficient, clean.

Date of visit: January 2018