US$172
US$133
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$151/night.

ITC Grand Central(Mumbai)
US$138
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$167/night.

US$113
US$109
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$47
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$54/night.

US$110
Taj Hotels
The Resort(Mumbai)
US$69
Hotel Le Grande(Mumbai)(Great Value!)
US$39
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$398
US$240
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$276/night.

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed at Lawrence for one night in August, and we payed 850 Rupees for a double room including breakfast (tea/coffee, toast with butter and jam, and a banana). It was well worth the cost, definitely the best value for money in Mumbai. The staff was very nice and they let us check in early and leave our bag in their office until our train left, which was 10+ hours after check out time. The rooms are very basic but clean. They are also very airy because of the big windows and fan. The manager has an electrical outlet in his office for charging phones/cameras.

It's very easy to find, just tell the cab driver Rhythm House (music store), Kala Ghoda (the area, pronounced 'Kala Gooda'). If you walk up the street on the left side of Rhythm House you will see a blue synagogue on the right, turn right into the street in front of the synagogue. Walk a couple of meters and you will see the Hotel Lawrence sign on a building on the left side of the road. there is a book store next to the entrance.

The hotel is walking distance from Marine drive, Eros cinema and Colaba. Very nice location.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Taneat
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We stayed at Hotel Lawrence for four days because we were under the misapprehension that there are few budget options in Mumbai- in reality you can stay in the heart of Colaba for only 250 rupees and it'll be a lot cleaner than this place.
The bed sheets were clean and we didn't have any bed bugs (I checked) but everything else was absolutely disgusting. People sleep in the stairwell, we almost trampled a few when we arrived late on the first night and the bathrooms were putrid. Always dirty and never cleaned.
This being said, the manager was very kind and helpful but the day we checked out, we asked to leave our bags in the managers office for a few hours. When we returned the door was locked, so we waited in the reception and whilst there I used the bathroom and washed my feet in the shower as I had cut my foot that day. When I left the bathroom, an employee sprang up and starting yelling at me and abusing me for using the bathroom as I had made it 'dirty', that I was 'dirty' and I wasn't staying there so how dare I use the toilet. I explained the manager had allowed us to keep our bags there and that we had stayed for the four previous nights etc but he continued his tirade until my husband returned at which time the employee turned decidedly innocent, and denied having done or said anything. After a few angry words were exchanged, he apologised to me and unlocked the office so we could get our bags. I left a note for the manager but I very much doubt that he received it.
I wouldn't recommend this place. There are cheaper places near by which are much cleaner and the staff much nicer.

Room Tip: Check for bed bugs!
Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Chay G
Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is a lovely place to stay if your not to fussy. The staff are super friendly offering a book from the shelf that we needed for our onward travel.
The rooms are very basic and don't have plugs but the staff are lovely and charge things on request!
The stay was very lovely as it was so close to everything and they included a breakfast of tea/coffee with toast and a banana.
The shared facilities were quite dated but they worked and had hot water.

• Stayed: July 2012
6  Thank Hecticlee
Reviewed May 20, 2012

As most of the Lonely Planet's picks, hotel is the most expensive in the area (most of the travelers don't bather to look elsewhere). For the extremely basic rooms (no electrical outlet in rooms-which is really rare) with the common bathrooms - which are pretty disgusting - you have to pay 850 Rs. Go for a short walk and close to Victoria Station you'll find comparable standard for 400 - 500 Rs. Don't overpay - it's not worth it.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank neonn
Reviewed May 15, 2012

This was the first place I stayed in in India so I had done my research beforehand and it payed off. In comparison to all the other travellers I met in the city I was paying the least amount and yet was getting better service and accommodation than all of them! Sure, the rooms are basic, but clean, the bathrooms are shared and there is no AC or TV, but what would you expect for 700Rps/night for a single room? The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful and I felt very safe here - the breakfast is an added bonus!

Lastly, if you're travelling off-season you might get a place here last-minute, but if you're travelling in season I would call a month in advance to book a room (there are only 7 rooms and they are always full as this is the most popular backpacker hotel in Mumbai!)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo