“Pretty basic hotel, a bit worn down.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Inn Jaipur, A Sarovar Hotel

Park Inn Jaipur, A Sarovar Hotel
Ranked #61 of 376 Hotels in Jaipur
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Pretty basic hotel, a bit worn down.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

Pretty basic hotel, a bit worn down. This is usual Park Inn style - pretty basic rooms and mainly business facilities. The rooms were a bit tired. The food was surprisingly good and on the whole, the staff were helpful. Internet usage is by the hour / by the day charge, which seems ridiculous these days, and wifi wouldn't work on our floor (and IT manager did not make an appearance over the two days we were there). Not particularly convenient location for sights.
Probably OK for business (but shabby) but not really worth it if you are holiday.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GMPIJ, General Manager at Park Inn Jaipur, A Sarovar Hotel, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Dear Sir,
We are indeed grateful for the overall positive comments made by you regarding the Hotel and its services. It is our endeavor to ensure that all of our guests have an exceptional experience and return Home with warm Memories.

I have conveyed your appreciation to all concerned and everyone was extremely delighted to hear from you.

We have noted all the points that you raised and would be working on the same very soon.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back!

Warm regards,
Namit Sinha

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

This small hotel is value for money..nothing more and nothing less....Food is good though but Jaipue have many other better options...One big plus point is proximity from both Jaipur Railway station and Sindhi Camp bus stand....

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GMPIJ, General Manager at Park Inn Jaipur, A Sarovar Hotel, responded to this review, 1 April 2012
Dear Sir,

I have conveyed your appreciation to all concerned and especially to our Executive Chef who is working hard to ensure that the food quality is also exceptional and our guest's enjoy it.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back!

Warm regards,
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

I think I have come to expect more from hotels (especially in India) maybe I have been spoilt by most of them. In fact the Park inn brand in Jaipur is a total contrast to their hotel in Gurgaon.For one I don't understand if this hotel (in Jaipur) belongs to the Carlson group or Sarovar Group , I would see signs of both.The hotel is small, no pool has a coffee shop and a roof top restaurant which honestly may have a decent view but was too hot for me. The staff though were nice to let me check in early but then my experience with them began to sour allow me to explain. My mother was bitten by a bee which was sitting on their chair in the lobby lucky for me she is not allergic to bee stings because we were not carrying any anti alergens and the hotel did not have any (very surprizing all they had was a parcetemol) this could have been a possible life threatining situation the indifferent attitude of the staff at the front desk (Amit) suprized me his solution was I wait for 30-45 min while he gets the hotel driver to get the medicine after the driver comes into work, this really surprized me.The food at breakfast and room service was really bad and also logical sense did not prevail two times we ordered in the room and both times room service sent us only the dish and no plates.If we were to ask for towels or extra plates it would take 40-50 minutes and atleast three calls.The location of the hotel is good , the taxi from the airport will cost you around 270INR however once you reach the hotel do not hire cabs everything as far as shopping/eating and malls are close enough to use auto-rickshaws and will be much easier on the pocket ofcourse for sight seeing you may want to consider a cab since the interesting places are a little further.Another thing this hotel has no English channels on the TV-only sports/news and some Hindi movie channels , when I called them to see if they could get some channels for me I got a flat NO and nothing can be done.I know you don't check into hotels to watch TV but still in this day and age where even homes have upto 200 channels you would expect something.The Park Inn Gurgaon has it all.All in all seeing the other reviews I may have been unlucky but I would suggest you spend a little more and stay at the Country Inn and Suites similar standards but I hear much better than this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GMPIJ, General Manager at Park Inn Jaipur, A Sarovar Hotel, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Dear Mr. Nair,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience reported during your recent stay at the Hotel. Kindly be rest assured that I have taken up the matter strongly with the department concerned and immediate action has been taken to prevent such recurrences in future. We do hope you will treat this incident as one off case and not the usual standards .

I have already spoken to the concerned departments and I am sure you will hear from them soon .

Please do not hesitate to contact me in case you require any other assistance.

Apologizing once again,

Yours sincerely,
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

We had recently bought our new car, and hence decided to drive down to Jaipur (Yet again). It was a fun filled family trip.

The location of the hotel is good. The service is brilliant. The staff is very cordial, and willing to help you out.

While we were out most of the time, whatever time we did spend there was good. Must add that the rooms were quite comfortable.

For people who prefer Indian Cuisine, the restaurant serves more of continental and international cuisine. My parents prefer the typical North Indian food. Sandwiches, burgers and pizza is just not their thing. Hence we had to step out for lunches and dinner.

That apart, the overall experience was good.

One thing I would like to highlight is the view from the roof top bar. Its amazing!! The breeze, Jaipur skyline, and a lovely weather was a deadly cocktail for us. I dont drink much, but people who appreciate it will probably love the overall experience.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

We have been to Jaipur at least 15 times in the last 7-8 years . Last time it was around 3 months back and we stayed at Country Inn and suites , Carlson . This time we wanted to stay there but since it was a late decision to drive to Jaipur , we could not get rooms there and settled for Park inn after a bit of trial and error .We reached around 2330 and they somehow managed to put together a simple supper even though the kitchen was closed . But the gratitude evaporated once the bill was presented . It was too expensive. The room allotted was in 5th floor, nice view , almost similar to Country Inn and suites, Carlson ,but around 20% smaller. Other amenities were OK , but Carlson is a few yards ahead in both buffet breakfast Menu and area . I didn't dare to have any major meal there after my first experience . You can get plenty of better options in Jaipur for the type of money they charge . Well , bottom line is , I will prefer Carlson over Park Inn any day .

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank SantanuB11
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

My friend and I visited Jaipur for the recent Literature festival. We were driving from Delhi. One thing before you start off, is not go too much on the google maps for where the location of the hotel is shown as its not very accurate in driving terms. Jaipur is full of one way roads and best to call and check for directions. This hotel is very near the railway station and that is a good guide to getting you there. Once at the hotel, there was ample parking space and the reception staff were polite and helpful. The twin room we had was nice, clean and the beds, pillows very comfortable. The bathroom seemed new and clean and the towels were fresh. We had a good sleep and the buffet breakfast was also quite substantial for the cost. We were most impressed with their bakery items-their muffins and doughnuts were excellent and fresh! They also accommodated our request for an extra bed for another friend who joined later. The food at the restaurant and the roof top grill was also tasty. Overall, we had a good experience at this hotel and the Sarovar Group that own this hotel are doing a good job!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Mumbai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

I had gone there on a tourist visit and opted for the Park Inn because its part of the Carlson Group. It had all the trappings of a basic business hotel, but I couldn't help notice that the service was frayed around the edges. Not that they were not well-intentioned but it was often difficult to communicate with some of the staff in English (and I'm Indian!). Nevertheless, this was almost a budget hotel and for the price, this was good deal.
Breakfast is quite alright, and there is a nice outdoor terrace restaurant that does drinks and grills though i was disappointed they didn't serve more curries (like the downstairs restaurant!)
The hotel is about 40 minutes walk from the city centre, but the walk itself is not very pleasant.

Room Tip: All rooms are equivalent, there's not much of options of view to choose from