“Unprofessional”

Ranked #38 of 380 Hotels in Jaipur
new delhi
“Unprofessional”
Reviewed 1 June 2012

We had booked ourselves at the Hotel Moon Light Palace after going through the recent reviews. We were very excited and were expecting to get a warm welcome and comfortable accomodation as promised. Unfortunately our holidays got ruined. Kids were quite dissappointed with the services of the Hotel and even the room was not so good. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
16 Thank wonishet

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2012

We had a wonderful stay in this hotel - the staff were friendly. helpful and polite without ever being pushy. The room was spotless and room service was free! Excellent laundry service and the roof top restaurant was delicious and you could even get a cold beer.
It's true it's not very central but you can easily get an auto from the main road (2 minutes walk) to anywhere in the city for a hundred rupees or less.
Staff don't hassle you for tips at all, there is a box on the front desk for tips to be left in that will be shared between them all. They also arranged for us to go for an Ayurvedic massage which was lovely.
As two women travelling alone we felt safe and well looked after here. Highly recommended. Not the cheapest (although certainly reasonable!) but the best place we have stayed, undoubtedly.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
21 Thank catherineandanna
Bordeaux, France
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Ashraf Khan is serious and helpful. He knew how to make us discover wonderful places with simplicity. Always nice, he was very available to trail round us to the right and to the left, while remaining discreet. We crossed Rajasthan by car with him without any problem. He(it) knew how to guide us in places in which we would have had no access without him. He knows well hiscountry and his job(business); fine psychologist, he knows how to approach people, what is an asset(trump card) in its

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
23 Thank mounvero
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We just got home from our trip to India, and had to write about our wonderful experience at Moon Light Palace where we stayed a couple weeks ago. Great, comfortable accommodations and wonderful service and staff. The owner was awesome and made sure we got to and from the train station safely. A highlight was seeing Jaipur with our wonderful guide Manu. He took us to some amazing sights and we really got a great view of the city and Indian culture. Manu-- if you're reading this, we can't find the paper with your email address and want to send you pictures, so send us an email (it's in your book-- from Rena and Max) We highly recommend this place!

Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
23 Thank rstern1
Zürich, Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I was in Jaipur last year in April and found this hotel by accident. However I must say that it was a great experience to be there. The owner was incredibly helpful - e.g. he let me sleep for free in a room during the day on my way from Udaipur to Delhi, he took me to the train station twice, also picked me there. I had a really nice (it looked like it was just refurbished) room, very clean. Spent lots of time at the roof restaurant eating yummy food. Also the staff were super nice. Overall I would cordially recommend this hotel and if I'm ever gonna end up in Jaipur again, I certainly know where my steps will lead.
If I had to name any negatives, then the ceiling fan was a little loud (but I haven't experienced a quiet one during my entire stay) and the location is sort of in the opposite direction from the train station than the city center is - about a five minute walk. Not a big deal.

Room Tip: All the rooms I've seen were great
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
23 Thank MartinZurich
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 1 May 2012

This review is belated, but sincere. I was a solo traveler in India last summer. I arrived in Jaipur in the middle of the night, hot and exhausted, arriving from Agra and previously from Varanasi. After being hassled by touts in those two towns, I was finally able to let my guard down when I met Janu at the train station in Jaipur. He quietly earned my trust and I agreed to see this hotel. First and foremost on my mind was a shower and a rest! Once those basic needs were met, I was able to thoroughly enjoy the charming decor that has been mentioned in previous posts as well as the rooftop restaurant. The staff were particularly friendly and attentive. Janu even took me to one of the highlights of my stay in India - a visit to the local guru! I definitely recommend this hotel for road-weary travelers! And say "hi" to Janu for me!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
23 Thank dailyadventurer
Reviewed 18 April 2012

We stayed for 4 days in the Moonlight Palace and it provided everything we could want. The biggest asset of this hotel is the staff. Niam, the owner, is incredibly attentive and is prepared to go the extra mile to make sure your stay is a good one. We had a great driver, Kahn, who drove us round the city for a day at a very reasonable price.

The rooms are clean (and cleaned every other day if you want), with big and comfortable beds and good bathroom facilities. The free wifi is also handy and everything is provided at a very reasonable rate. If we were to come to Jaipur again, we would definitely use the Moonlight Palace.

• Stayed April 2012