All reviews mr singh puppet show an oasis round bed circular bed solar power cookery class local mosque double height beautiful courtyard honeymoon suite charming hosts cooking lesson family history kite flying haven of peace typical hotel
Reviewed April 4, 2018

We stayed at Dera Mandawa for two nights in March 2018. The hotel is not huge but lovely, with a great courtyard where meals are served. Both dinner and breakfast were excellent.

Our room was beautiful, and huge. Traveling with our two children, our room had two small beds in the corners which were perfect for them.

But what really sets Dera Mandawa apart is the hospitality from the entire staff, most especially from the owner, Mr Singh. I don't think I've ever felt so warmly welcomed to a hotel in my life, and that feeling continued for our entire stay. It was a wonderful place to stay, and I would highly recommend Dera Mandawa to anyone traveling to Jaipur.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank smorris291
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Third visit to this amazing heritage hotel, with its affable host and friendly staff. We caught up with the news and gossip since my last visit and enjoyed a fine evening thali and puppet show. We were in suite 1 which is a cool, comfortable room with a mezzanine - felt really spoiled. Breakfast is plentiful - check out the chickpea pancakes. Short but sweet return visit and hope to come back soon

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank franodriscoll
Reviewed April 1, 2018

Last year we started our journey in Jaipur at Dera Mandawa and left a glowing review.
This year we planned our month long journey through Gujarat and Rajasthan to end here. Dera Mandawa still holds its own amongst the best places in both states and now there are even more beautiful rooms to choose from.
Thank you Mr Singh for taking time out to make us feel so much at home, we enjoyed our conversations so much and the second opportunity to see the traditional puppet show.
I am sure we shall be back to see you again in future years.

Room Tip: The new rooms on the upper balcony are super.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrandMrsBen
Reviewed March 27, 2018 via mobile

It’s so unusual to stay in a hotel that so substantially adds to your experience of a place - beyond being a comfortable place to sleep at night. We were made to feel so welcome - and it felt like Indian hospitality, not faux western hospitality. I really hope I get the chance to stay here again. The courtyard is charming (an excellent place to sit writing postcards and sipping a lime soda). Such attention to details! They bring a tea and coffee tray to your room in the morning at a time you choose, which was a really nice touch (the masala tea is excellent). When we had an early start, catching the train to our next destination, they gave us a packed breakfast to take with us. This was my favourite hotel of my whole trip. Just wonderful.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Megan W
Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

We stayed only 2 days in this jewel which is a heritage mansion still kept by the family owners in Jaipur. The owner Mr Singh is a very refined and cultured man who talks to all the guests and gives the privilege of exposing us to the local culture and heritage. The rooms are unique and charming, we had lovely home made meals in the garden and the staff was adorable especially Mr Hariz. My only regret was not being able to stay more days at this lovely place.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple