“Excellent Hotel in Jaipur”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Umaid Mahal

Umaid Mahal
Ranked #23 of 376 Hotels in Jaipur
Limerick, Ireland
“Excellent Hotel in Jaipur”
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I stayed in Umaid Mahal hotel for a couple of days in January 2012. The hotel offers excellent value for money with really nice clean rooms and a rooftop bar/restaurant. The hotel is located in the Bani Park area of the city about 2-3 km from the centre and is conveniently located near Jaipur railway station. The only criticisms that I have is that the in room wifi is the type where you buy a 2 hour voucher from the reception and the breakfast (included in the room rate) was not great.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
  • Greek first
Ireland
Reviewed 23 February 2012

My partner and I stayed here for a few nights and simply loved it. The staff were very kind and attentive and the rooms were amazing. Our room was spotlessly clean and the bed was incredibly comfortable. The hotel restaurant was lovely especially when dining on the terrace. I can highly recommend the thalis at lunchtime! Very tasty!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Panchkula
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a night, on a business trip. The room was well maintained. The food was good too. The bar was decent. The "Kesar-Kasturi" brand of whisky, a local brew, is a must try. The breakfast spread was sub par and was not fitting of the hotel.
Though for business travelers, looking for a clean room to crash in for a night stop, it is a pretty decent deal.

Room Tip: Choose the deluxe variety for a much better decor in the room.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I've visited 45 countries in my lifetime of travel and experienced many hotels of every category. The Umaid Mahal ranks at the top in terms of beauty, service, and value. I wanted to stay in at least one heritage type property during my four months in India and I am so grateful that I chose this hotel, thanks to Trip Advisor recommendations. My three days passed much too quickly. I was totally in awe of the beauty and cleanliness of the surroundings, the attention and exquisite details and the visual feast to the eyes everywhere I looked. My room was lovely and the service was excellent. Each time I returned to the hotel, I was warmly greeted at the front and someone took me to the room and opened the door. It's the first time I left a hotel and had staff see me off at the front door. I was almost in tears, I felt so sad at leaving. The breakfast, included in the price, was excellent, as well, offering Indian and American - English choices. Dinner was also very good.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Gdynia, Poland
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I was wondering what rate should I give for this hotel. I have decided to give 4 stars because I tried some other hotels in India for the same price and this one was the best. Nice beginning of our stay. There was a taxi waiting for us at railway station and we were upgraded for free for the better room. Maybe there were not so many tourists in that time but still it is very nice gesture. Unfortunately it was too late to eat anything. And here big minus for the hotel- there should be something to eat in mini bar- not only beverages. Advice to management- try to put more things over there for reasonable prices. Guys from hotel service was so nice that wanted to show us some shops near the hotel but everything was also close. We went hungry but with big expectations for nice breakfast. However it was nothing special. We have also tried lunch on the roof top restaurant. This was good but too expensive. Hotel is located a little far away from Old City-10 minutes by taxi. Don't take taxi from outside- it is expensive. Go a little to main street and you can save a lot taking something else, the best motor rickshaw. Hotel is beautifully decorated. Rooms are also very nice. It was just a little too noisy at night but I don't know why. In conclusion I can fully recommend this clean and charming hotel.

2 Thank pawel_hbg
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 17 February 2012

We stayed Feb 3rd and 4th, 2012. My husband and I are from the US and we were just blown away with the friendliness, service and most importantly the beautiful clean room. The hotel itself is just stunningly beautiful with a mogul castle decor. The room was hand painted with scenes painted all over the ceiling and surprisingly the bathroom was modern and brand new with marble throughout the vanity and shower. Also, the room came with a complimentary breakfast buffet which was delicious. Of course, the price was amazing at just $65 dollars a night. We will definitely be back for a longer stay.

Ruth and Peter USA

Reviewed 16 February 2012

I have to say for the price and decent location this place is the best hotel I've stayed in in India hands down! It's like staying in a Museum - the colours and architecture are amazing plus the rooftop restaurant is very well laid out. Staff are very helpful and can arrange taxi's or trips for anything. All rooms have a balcony with nice enough views. Highly recommended,check out there web site http://www.umaidmahal.com