See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

It is located at an excellent location and is easily accessible. Hotel is decent. Staff is very courteous and service extremely prompt. For people who do not speak the local language, it is not a problem as the staff can speak English and Hindi. I had ordered food at home which was quite like good homemade food however not everything was good especially the bread items. Breakfast was served at the dining hall cum conference room and it was decent. Room was clean but not necessarily newly furnished. Room service was very prompt. Wi-Fi was working fine which is a great plus. Only thing I did not like was the bed and pillows. Both the pillows were bulky while I prefer one which is not bulky. I had to request to join two smaller beds together as I found single bed quite small in width for myself. Bathrooms were good and so was the cupboard and TV experience. Overall very good value for money.

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Niraj_Kumar
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I checked lot of reviews and decided to stay in this Hotel as it was close to Sankara Nethralaya the purpose of my visit to Chennai. I had booked from GOIBIBO as i was getting INR 1000 discount for 2 days 18-MAY-2014 to 20-May-2014. I found the hotel in terms of rooms and service as average.. not at all the value for money kind. The breakfast buffet might seem good but I have seen better and tastier food in other hotels in Chennai in same INR 2500/- budget.

The main problem which i faced was reg room cancellation. My work got over by Monday afternoon itself therefore I decided to return back to B'lore same day. Around 4 PM I informed reception that I want to checkout and thus asked for cancellation of my booking for Tuesday.
GoIbibo person told we can initiate the refund process only if the hotel mngmt agrees to refund as they have already made the payment to Hotel. When I asked the reception they started giving various excuses for not refunding..first they told they haven't received the payment ..then when i spoke with the manager he told they have received the payment but since u've booked using a travel agent site we cannot refund and you have to ask goibibo. I can clearly see that it was an easy way for them swallow my 1 day tariff.

I agree with the cancellation policy (1 day advance info) and everything but my only logic in asking for refund was that suppose I had come to their hotel and booked directly by paying advance of INR 5000 they agreed to return the 2500 but in this case they were not returning. I pleaded with them to cut their charges what they pay as commission to goibibo and any cancellation charge but the manager was adamant with his travel agent site excuse.
I understood there was no point in arguing and decided to leave. To pacify me he did the formality of taking my number and email (which they already had anyways) and promised to call me to inform if i'll be getting any refund or not (after consultation with mgmt)
I never got any call or mail from them in this regard.
It was a bad experience where I lost INR 2500/- :(.
I felt it was pure greed and not at all a customer friendly policy. I felt cheated and have decided not to visit this place in future,

Room Tip: all rooms seem alike..
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Harsh S
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Quite good in all respect. Location is good where you could expect different mode of transportation. Value of money.
I have stayed there for official work where I am quite satisfied. Cordial and mannered behavior of staffs are appreciated.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Bad thing is if room is not available they will keep call you to check out 3-4 hour before your actual check out time, Staff us good and morning breakfast is testy (as a complimentary)
rest of all thing are fine , you could not get car parking because only 2-3 cars parking places are available.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed January 26, 2014

From Aron:
Location :Centrally located with good proximity to Consulates, Railway Station, Bus Stand and Airport
Staff: Courteous
Food: Sumptuous and tasty.
Service : Prompt
Rooms: Good and Comfortable
Front Desk: Customer Centric
House Keeping & Cleanliness: Good
Value for Money : Certainly

Hotel doesnt have swimming pool and fitness centre hence they are exlcuded while being rated.

Overall it is very good hotel and you will enjoy your stay . Recommended

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business