All reviews boutique hotel value for money walkable distance the heart of the city room service rooms are clean complimentary breakfast quality of food visa bio vac chennai kodambakkam interview ambience speed rs
Reviewed December 11, 2017

The Spring, Nungambakkam - Chennai is a classy hotel with spacious rooms! I had stayed there from 24th and 25th November during my business trip.Good service and very genial staff. The spread for breakfast was ok. The lobby area there is no AC,
Overall ambiance was good, rooms comfortable and the choice of food satisfactory...

Room Tip: Great Experience
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank rinkus218
Reviewed December 9, 2017

The location is the best part about this hotel. If you are going for the US visa then don't think twice about booking it. Food isn't that great but there are plenty of options from sneaking to a full meal around. The hotel needs maintenance and I mean it now. I am attaching 2 pics, one from the hallway and the other of my shower.

And one more thing that irritated me the most was when the reception called and asked me for a check-out which is generally at 12 noon but this is what he said:

Reception: Sir we allowed you to check-in at 11:30am so you would have to check out at 11:30.
Me: So can you extend it to 12noon?
Reception: No sir for that you have to check-in at 12noon.
Me: Its just for half an hour. Can't you manage that much?
Reception: No!

Well in that moment I checked out at 10:15am. I would rather spend my time outside than in that hotel where a business traveler or for that matter any traveler is treated that way.

Room Tip: Great location for US visa interviews.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank Rahul J
Reviewed December 8, 2017 via mobile

Stay was comfortable

Rooms are small. The biggest advantage of this hotel is its near the us consulate

Its has 2 good restaurants sigri and a Chinese

Room service is expensive

Its can really up its service and it would be a perfect place to stay then

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank Sanjeev_Sharma
Reviewed November 13, 2017

Advantage closer to US embassy (walkable distance to Main embassy and biometric centre).

Place needs some maintenance I saw water leaking from roof near bathroom area, none of the electric sockets were not working (only one working was jammed I had to call reception several times to fix that).

Complimentary breakfast was okish.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank NaveenPGBangalore
Reviewed November 1, 2017

We needed a hotel just for a few hours to freshen up before going to the US Consulate. Booked this hotel after seeing the good reviews and based on its location.

The location is excellent, hardly a 5 minute walk to the US Consulate, but the hotel leaves a lot to be desired, in terms of cleanliness.

The corridor was so stinky, my kids had to hold their noses and run till we reached our room. The corridor carpet looked like it had'nt been cleaned in ages. Even the staircase looked very dirty and smelt musty.

The room seemed cleaner than the corridor but we did'nt want to stay there a minute longer than necessary.

Breakfast was included and there were many dishes served. Tasted OK. But later we saw a bug on the bread.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family