ITC Grand Chola, Chennai
US$86
US$61
Hotels.com
The Leela Palace Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
US$217
US$130
  • Pool
Taj Club House(Chennai (Madras))
US$132
US$83
Hotels.com
Hyatt Regency Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
US$58
US$56
Savera Hotel(Chennai (Madras))
US$56
US$52
Grand Chennai by GRT Hotels(Chennai (Madras))
US$80
US$55
Agoda.com
US$76
US$60
Lemon Tree Hotel, Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
US$85
US$57
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
The Park Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
US$89
US$61
Travelocity
The Accord Metropolitan(Chennai (Madras))
US$80
US$58
Priceline
3,221 results
All reviewsmadras pavilionroyal vegapan asiantower roomgrand staircaseipad controlsresidents loungecafe mercarahigh techhuge hotelroom servicebeautiful propertyspecial mentionin room diningfilter coffeeexcellent servicespecial thanks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The stay at ITC Chola was amazing. Great hospitality and good food with all amenities available! Loud shout out to Brinda for reflecting high levels of professionalism and hospitality! Completely touched and moved!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
GM_ITCGrandChola, General Manager at ITC Grand Chola, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Namaste!

Thank You for sharing your valuable and wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor! We at ITC Grand Chola, always strive to provide our guests a comfortable and luxurious experience.

We are extremely delighted to know that you enjoyed our food offerings and hospitality, Ms. Brinda is elated to receive your kind feedback.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and we will sincerely look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We returned for 5 nights but there were a few issues. Def got bitten in the Madras Pavilion over breakfast. Only 2 cross trainers in the gym for such a large hotel. A pantomime over security and our luggage meant it was withheld from us for 2 days because we had bought a chefs knife in Bangkok.We were not allowed the suitcase in the bedroom-and then just as suddenly we were allowed it back! Room-honestly? Looked a little tatty, and still nowhere to unpack clothes-no chest of drawers etc ,and as for charging for wifi access? Even McDonalds offers free wifi never mind a 5 star hotel! Worst- EVERY item in the room mini bar was at least 4 months past its' sell by date! Chocolate, crisps etc all had a use by of Nov 2017! When was it last checked? Nothing offered for SPG members either.Lazy ITC..lazy.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank clarewilliams1
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed in January for over three weeks. After looking at the website and amenities I was very excited to stay at this hotel. I had a few great experiences and more than a few frustrating experiences.

So the good. The spa is fantastic! Wait staff at the upstairs bars are fantastic. The lobby and grand staircase are amazing. Peshwari is fantastic.

The not so good. The front desk is understaffed and slow. It took a while to check in. I checked in around 6am, set the do not disturb signs and was awakened at 10, at 2, and at 4 with demands to clean the room. Blatant disregard for signage.

Even though I was charged a high rate for a room, they chose to put me directly next to a service door. All day and night...hearing the door click and staff walking by chatting on phones. Management tried to indicate the noise was other hotel guests, I had an iPad camera in my room, it was staff. I had a discussion with Management, changed rooms (I had asked for time to pack, they sent up three people to watch me pack who would not go away even though I asked), and still had to deal with folks disregarding the do not disturb signage (after my management discussion, they all stopped knocking, but felt they could call whenever they felt the need to be in my room). Super annoying.

Breakfast was a huge selection. Couldn’t get coffee to save my life. If only all the room naggers were re-assigned to assist with coffee delivery. Every time I went to Madras Pavilion,they tried to sit me in a far corner where everyone ignored me. The joys of being female in India I guess.

First week was pretty horrid, second week got better, third week was horrid again. Management joined in the nagging, folks would follow me around asking about my stay. Not sure what is unclear about asking to be left alone. The mode of attack was to try to force me to say I liked the hotel now.

Check out, was again delayed. Could not figure out why the front desk felt the need to call management and make me wait. I had a flight to catch. Over three weeks of a stay, the hotel still has not credited my Starwood Points. Tons of folks stand around incessantly, no one understands service.

The final annoyance. I went to meet a coworker at Peshwari a few weeks ago. She was obviously late and I asked for internet so I could check my email. This 5 (not) star property doesn’t have guest internet. Surprised they didn’t charge for it, as they really nickel and dime you for everything.

I have returned to Chennai since that stay, I waited to write this review until I had a chance to compare, I was afraid there was some cultural aspect I was not aware of. The Hilton Chennai is perfect. No nagging, quiet rooms, and I love some of the staff here. Clear understanding of when to help and when to let someone work or eat.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business

Dear Ms. Murphy,

Namaste!

This is with regards to your recent feedback on Trip advisor.

At the outset, I do apologise for the inconvenience caused to you, during your stay at the hotel.

Your feedback has been shared with each and everyone at the hotel to show how we have faltered in our services to discerning guests like yourself and I am personally looking into the investigations and corrective actions to ensure we do not repeat the same in the future.

Vide this e-mail may I also request If you would be kind be kind enough to give me and the entire hotel an opportunity to showcase to you the right face of hospitality for which ITC

Grand Chola is known for, by staying with us once more,

I would like to speak to you as well at a time convenient to you.

Looking forward to a favourable reply.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed at grand chola a couple of times and really liked the property and the food . But when I wanted to stay a third time it was a terrible experience . I was told by the rooms sales manager that all the suites were full but when a friend just walked into the hotel and asked for a suite he was given one with no hesitation . When I tried to get back in touch with the manager as to why this had happened there was no response . Not the kind of service that one would expect from a 5 star property especially a nationally renowned brand like itc

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Thank You for sharing your valuable feedback on Trip Advisor! We at ITC Grand

We are glad to know that you enjoyed our food offerings at the hotel.

At the outset, I would like to express my sincere apologies for the reported incident
that you have mentioned. I would like to take this opportunity to request you for
your contact details for us to get in touch with you at the earliest to investigate this further.

May I request you to please consider this experience as an aberration not reflective
of the high standards that you have come to expect from us.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and we will sincerely look forward to
welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was recently at the Chola. Not my first time, but every time I stay there, it does not fail to mesmerize me with it's grandueur.
But my stay this time was made even more special by Brinda, the elegant lady who manages their Guest Relations.
Rarely do you see an associate who reflects the same class, sophistication, and actually personifies the Brand. And personifying the ITC Hotels brand is something special.
Brinda, I am not sure whether you will read this, but if you do, I am touched by the way you personally checked-in a tired traveller, ensured that the last minute change in room request was met so promptly and without a hiccup, made it your personal task to have the hard bed in place so quickly, and lastly did all these in a manner so gracious and breezy.
ITC is my favourite hotel chain. Why? Because they have people like Brinda.

Room Tip: Its a BIG hotel. Suggest you chose a room not very far away from the elevator lobbies.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Namaste!

Thank You for taking out time from your busy schedule to share your valuable and
wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor! We at ITC Grand Chola, always strive to
provide our guests a comfortable and luxurious experience.

Ms. Brinda is truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about her
service. I have shared your feedback with everyone at the hotel, your kind
appreciation will inspire and encourage our people in their continuous pursuit of
excellence.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and we will sincerely look forward to your
continued visits!