1,075 results
All reviewsdakshin restaurantnew towercappuccino restaurantold wingtower wingsouth indian restaurantbell deskcoffee shoproom servicebusiness triphome away from homehis teamfront officeduty managerspecial thankscomfortable stayluxury hotel
Reviewed January 6, 2018

Crowne Plaza - popularly known locally as Adyar Gate hotel - is a nice place to stay in Chennai. It is about 30 min away from airport and is in close proximity to neighborhoods of Mylapore, RA Puram, Adyar, Saidapet, T.Nagar, Nungambakkam etc. Rooms are spacious and the beds are comfy for a good rest. Breakfast fare is sumptuous and tasty. Their best offering is the restaurant called Dakshin which is one of the most sought-after restaurants in Chennai

Room Tip: Rooms starting 20 series have better views
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
MrArindamkunar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chennai Adyar Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2018

Dear Shankar,

Thank you so much for sharing such a wonderful feedback and staying at Crowne Plaza Chennai Adyar Park.

It is great to know that our F&B has served you well during your stay.

We look forward to host you again.

Reviewed January 5, 2018

The Crowne Plaza Adyar Park is one among many 5 star hotels in Chennai. However, when it comes to describing the experience brought to us by the hotel’s splendid staff, 5 stars seems hardly enough. For our time there (7 full days/8 nights as we explored the city and nearby sights), we lived in a veritable galaxy of hospitality.

It is worth noting right off that the length of our stay gave us access to a package that included a reduced room rate, breakfast, and a ride to the airport after midnight for our 3 a.m. flight back to the States. That length also gave us time to get to know some of the staff who always seemed glad to see us, were generous with good advice in response to any question we might have, and spotted the fact that one of us had a birthday during our stay. Surprise! A cake and a towel art peacock showed up in our room (we shared the cake). We learned the names of the people with whom we had the most contact, but even those we have no names for were always ready with a smile and ready to make us comfortable.

Preeti, Avinash, Murali, Sunderam, Ulmesh, and Kumar (doorman) were the staff we interacted with almost every day. Preeti came up with the birthday cake idea. Sunderam was happy to engage with our interest in the garlanded dancing Ganesh who graced the hotel lobby. In the wee hours of our departure, we invoked the “Overcomer of Obstacles,” and all impediments to a safe journey melted away (at least that’s how it seemed to us).

The other central part of our experience at the Crowne Plaza was the 24-hour restaurant Cappuccino where our breakfast buffet was served. The wait staff was uniformly attentive and full of smiles. Every. Single. Morning. What a nice prelude to a day. It was really hard to resist a meal of idli with sambar or a masala dosa with coconut, tomato, and coriander condiments along with whatever was being offered in the many chafing dishes. But sometimes I retreated to eggs (to order), toast, fresh yogurt, fresh watermelon juice, and a slice or two of smoked salmon. (On a couple of occasions after long days of sightseeing, we returned to Cappuccino for a bowl of mulligatawny soup or maybe a victory lap with a masala dosa.) To omnivores like myself, I will only say: sticking to a mostly vegetarian menu was absolutely no sacrifice. The food was delicious.

Finally: I think of myself as a seasoned traveler, not given to overdone reviews of places I have visited. But I really can’t think of many other places I have stayed where I was so well taken care of and well fed. Travel in India is never easy; the Crowne Plaza made our time in Chennai both comfortable and happy. A place where we could rest and gear up for another merry foray into the world of scooter rickshaws, the bright and raucous life of the bazaars, and the color and devotion of the temples.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and got one.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Jane,

It is wonderful to read the experience you had at Crowne Plaza Chennai Adyar Park for 7D/8N. It is something our staff takes great pride in.

Thank you for extending such warm and kind words towards our colleagues.

We look forward to host you and your family again.

Reviewed December 30, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is a gem. I was completely surprised. I have stayed at many IHG properties worldwide but this might be my favourite.

Check in was smooth, room service is excellent and staff are very friendly. I would recommend this hotel to friends if they visit Chennai. The location is great as well.

The service at the cappuccino restaurant was excellent. The breakfast spread is fabulous and the ala cartel menu for dinner was excellent as well.

I really couldn’t find any flaws with this property.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
MrArindamkunar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chennai Adyar Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2018

Dear Guest,

It is great to read that we made your stay comfortable.

Thank you so much for sharing such a positive and wonderful feedback. We look forward to host you again at Crowne Plaza Chennai Adyar Park.

Reviewed December 29, 2017 via mobile

Whenever I check-in I always search for Ms.Mayuri for preference of my room.whenever she is around I feel my room will be perfect... Any problem comes to her she solves.Also my birthday on 1Jan housekeeping Vinod notice that I will be not in hotel he made towel art in my absence I really felt vow.....Really appreciate staff ...

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business

Dear Ms. Meeta,

Thank you so much for sharing such a wonderful feedback and extending such kind words towards our colleagues.

We look forward to host you again at Crowne Plaza Chennai Adyar Park.

Reviewed December 27, 2017

Great place to stay and comfort at its best. The location of the hotel is so ideal as it is at the heart of the city. Right from breakfast to room comfort all are awesome. Staff is so good and pleasant they make u feel at home.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
MrArindamkunar, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chennai Adyar Park, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2017

Dear Mr. Sunil,

Thank you so much for sharing such kind words and staying at Crowne Plaza Chennai Adyar Park.

We look forward to host you again.