“lunch at amdavadi”
Review of Amdavadi

Amdavadi
Ranked #404 of 6,828 Restaurants in Chennai (Madras)
Price range: US$1 - US$2
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: T. Nagar
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had never been to this restaurant earlier and when my business associate hosted me for lunch and gave me an option of a south indian meal or gujrati thali,I opted for latter option.Frankly,i was expecting a very crowded place but the entire restaurant decor was excellent.Less crowd,efficient service was the hallmark of this restaurant.Food was simple and homelike food was served.will definitely visit again

Reviewed 4 March 2018

It's offbeat Gujarati restaurant right in center of T.Nagar. A quiet place packed behind some commercial establishment. Has native Gujarati menu. Serving size is small medium. If you love Gujarati foods then it's tasty. For beginers few items will be not to your liking. Ambience is very good with some beautiful photographs adorning as wall paper.

Reviewed 9 February 2018

It was very delicious and authentic Gujarati Food found in Chennai. The foodl was delicious and sufficient in quantity. Restaurant was little inside but Ambiance was good. More variety of Jain food would have been better. In Jain thali also more variant of Jain vegetable would have been added advantage,,

Reviewed 19 December 2017

My first visit to this restaurant was on my bday for dinner. It was like a hidden jewel. I loved everything about it; but the ambience is something I fell in love with - the yellow lights, the intriguing wall paintings, the furniture...

Coming to food, we (a group of 5) had Thepla, Khatta Dhokla, Palak Muthiya, aloo puri, masala tea and Thandai. We loved it. Everything was lip-smacking. A must visit for all, if not for food, then the ambience (especially the girl on the wall with deep eyes :p )

Service was beyond awesome. Courteous and prompt. We even got complimentary jalebis as it was my bday.

Then why not 5 star? Because the location on google map is incorrect. It is near to Residency Towers but the google map showed it as somewhere near to LifeCell. Also, the variety of dishes may be increased. :)

However, all-in-all, highly recommended!

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Tucked away behind a popular fresh fruit and vegetable shop on the North Boag Road (this is a one-way street), this is a modest place. Food is OK probably because they prepared special south indian food for us, obviously not their strength.