“Nice place in a good location”

The Residency Towers
Ranked #24 of 396 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Bangalore
“Nice place in a good location”
Reviewed 19 December 2011

This is a typical south indian hotel - warm, clean and nice without doing anything over the board. The rooms are quite spacious, The food is fabulous and the location is super convenient with autos and buses literally available at the door step. This is turning out to be a nice business hotel in Chennai.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JLNBLR
TOWERSChennai, Manager at The Residency Towers, responded to this review, 20 December 2011
Dear Valued guest,

I am delighted to learn that you had a comfortable stay at “The Residency Towers” and I truly appreciate your taking the time and posting your feedback on TripAdvisor.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
Reviewed 12 December 2011

This was my first family trip to Chennai we stayed for 4 nights. As there were four of us, I took the Elegant Suite and asked for an extra bed. The look and feel of the suite is very grand and the massage chair is a nice touch. The breakfast was fantastic and the service manager and staff were friendly and prompt. We ordered meals in our room which came rather quickly too! Had a few drinks at the lounge which was relaxing and a nice place to unwind.

On the 3rd night, I took my family to "The Crown", the roof top restaurant. As it was dark, I could not see much of the view although I'm sure it would be good in the daytime. The ambience of the restaurant was romantic and smoothing.

The hotel is very near to the main shopping area in T.Nagar and we did a lof of shopping during our stay. The thing that impressed me most was the fast check-in and check-out.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is in Chennai for shopping.

Room Tip: If you're traveling as a family, take any of the suites and opt for an additional bed.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Rashid82
TOWERSChennai, Manager at The Residency Towers, responded to this review, 15 December 2011

Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Clean, airy and bright, I enjoyed my stay.

Just note that they collect laundry from your room's "laundry collection bin" even when you don't specifically ask them to.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
TOWERSChennai, Manager at The Residency Towers, responded to this review, 27 November 2011

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 23 November 2011

This was our second trip to Chennai and we had booked our stay for 2 nights. The room was nothing out of the ordinary, it was neat and had all the amenities we wanted. But there was a weird stink in the bathroom and just could not understand the reason for it. They have some of the best restaurants in Chennai. The first night my husband and i went to "The Crown", the roof top restaurant deck had the most breath taking view of Chennai. It was the most romantic dinner i have ever had with my husband till date with a live band playing all the songs we requested them to made us feel like newly weds. The buffet brekafast served at "Main Street" is one of the best and their dinner buffet is also very elaborate with a lot of items to choose from. It was a true gastronomical experince for foodies like me and my husband.
Would love to stay there again and will surely do so on our next trip to Chennai.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
TOWERSChennai, Manager at The Residency Towers, responded to this review, 25 November 2011
Dear Valued guest,

I thank you for your feedback on our services and appreciate your taking the time and posting your observations on tripadvisor.

I have made a note of your observations on the odour in the toilet and we are taking corrective measures.

Please do accept my apologies for the inconvenience experienced.

Tirunelveli, India
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Our family loves to stay in this hotel. Its USP is rooms with decor by country or state such as Chinese, Egyptian, Kerala style and so on. We try to chose a different 'decor' room every time. The room with Chinese decor nicknamed 'The Wall' is truly aesthetic with an old world charm. The food and service is excellent. The restaurant 'Main Street' serves buffet lunch which was ok, seemed continental in taste.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
TOWERSChennai, Manager at The Residency Towers, responded to this review, 20 November 2011

Ranchi
Reviewed 17 November 2011

It was my first trip to Chennai. Chose Residenct Towers due to it's ratings & reviews. The hotel didn't dissapoint me. Stay was smooth as silk.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
TOWERSChennai, Manager at The Residency Towers, responded to this review, 18 November 2011

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Stayed for one night, an international standard and hospitality chain, Located at Sir Thyagara Raod, very near to the Chennai's shopping arena has very good amenities. Peaceful location in the busy commercial areas nearby. Very near to potty to buy good silk sarees and clothes. well appointed rooms and ambiance. excellent for business and leisure travelers. portico seating at each floor is nice with downward looking at centre of reception.

Room Tip: stayed at 1507 room, good with lighting
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
TOWERSChennai, Manager at The Residency Towers, responded to this review, 17 November 2011