“A Pleasant stay”
Review of The Residency

The Residency
Ranked #29 of 436 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I with my wife was on a pleasure trip down south. In Chennai I stayed in this hotel. It was a memorable experience because the moment the staff of the hotel knew that we were newly married, special attention was given to us to make our stay more comfortable. The rooms are really nice. The food in 'Spice Jar' restaurant offers a variety to choose from. Moreover all the shopping malls are nearby which was indeed a relief. This hotel can be referred to all whether on a business or a pleasure trip.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 February 2012

I came to know about The Residency from a business friend of mine. On my earlier visits to Chennai I used to book myself only in 5 star category. Since I had heard a lot about this hotel, I thought of giving it a try. True to my expectations it was a good experience. Moreover the 24hrs check in / check out policy for the business class seems to be very convenient. I would definitely recommend The Residency to many of Business friends.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the entrance have an excellent city view.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank 15111984_12
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I happened to know about The Residency from a close friend of mine, who traveled to Chennai a couple of months ago. We were actually skeptical to make a choice of staying in a hotel other than a five star, but whatever positive feedback given by my friend Roopa was true.
A clean hotel, friendly staff and tasty food. The hotel is ideally located near the Shopping center of the City. Over and above all this the Hotel has 24 hours check in /out which is very convenient.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank rosalind1978
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Today is 8th Feb and currently I am in this Hotel and will be here for another 2 good days . Pathetic experience as far as room service is concerned. I asked for a Goblet Glass - It took 20 mins to get it delivered to my room ( Though I told room service manager that it need to be delivered fast and he has promised that it will be delivered in 5 mins ). Ordered for one starter - it was on time . Then I asked for Tomato Sauce - It took around 20 mins till then starter got cold and soggy - so all waste. Room Service Order Taker Mr.Babu R. seems to be adamant while handling the room service order. I think he is not equipped with enough man power. Even the waiter says " Sir What to do too many orders !!! " we are not asking any thing for free ,for every single thing money is being paid. When money is being paid then we need the service. But here we are paying money but not getting the service .

Room Tip: I am staying in this hotel from last 4 yrs but now from last 6 months service level or value for mon...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank prashant1272
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Was there for 10 days as a stretch on a business tour. Loved it. The Rooms are very Gud. The Staff is very courteous and attentive. Take care of you very nicely. The Food is Gud and Location is also nice. Found the stay very decent and refreshing. Would definitely like to visit the hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Located at the heart of the city, this hotel has been one of the most reputed in Chennai so I decided to stay here for 2 days. The reception area is tiny and there is no customer track record, even if you have been to this place 4-5 times, they will treat you as a first time guest.

The shocking incident i experienced was when they allotted my room to another guest around 10:15 pm and that person was able to open the door and walk into the room! the manager was apologetic but it was not something that was expected from a reputed hotel

Room Tip: The good part of the hotel was its restaurant that is open almost till 3 am and the bisibelebath and...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Kiranpai25
Reviewed 27 December 2011

This was the first hotel stay after my wedding and for the money I paid(Rs5500, ~$110) I expected high quality. I was visiting chennai for my wife's visa interview.

The lobby was very clean and welcoming, the service was also good. I first thing I did not like was that a boy did not take and bring my luggage to the room. The first thing that hit me as soon as i entered the room was the smell of cigarette smoke. I immediately called the room service and a manager or someone came and sprayed room freshner in 5 mins. I plastering in the bathrooms was not up to the mark, but the bathroom itself was very clean and clear.

In the morning we went to the restaurant for the complementary breakfast which was excellent (5 stars)in variety of foods and the quality as well.

After the visa interview we came back to the hotel and used the free internet service, it was flaky and very slow. Went back to the room, and the cigarette smell was back, called house keeping again for the room freshener.

In the evening went to the lobby to check out and there were quite a lot of mosquitoes, very disappointing.

Overall, the food was the best thing that I liked, and everything else didnt feel like value for the money spent.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple