“Good hotel - liked it”
Review of The Residency

The Residency
Ranked #29 of 415 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I stayed for 3 nights and was impressed by the efficiency.

No hassles in check in check out. My one day stay was extended easily at a lesser price in fact. The 24 hour check out timings are really helpful.

The room was comfortable, spacious enough for one person. Good furniture and fittings. Excellent complimentary supplies in washroom - replnished everyday. Complimetary fruit dish everyday. The Wifi is free and fast enough for normal work. The room service is good and quick enough.

The breakfast spread is quite elaborate to cater to all tastes, with people eager to serve. The coffee shop and bar was also decent with wonderful papadams complimetary with drinks. Food quality is also good.

No room for complaints. Only observation - the rooom has only one usable socket for charging, but a minor issue.

Overall happy to have landed here.

Room Tip: Late risers get room on main road side else the sunrays come in early enough in Chennai!

Reviewed 21 March 2012

Residency is like a second home to me visiting Chennai almost once every month for a stay of couple of nights.
It is located conveniently in T. Nagar, about a kilometer from the main market and hence not noisy. Some features, that I have tried and am sure of:
- The rooms are decently sized.
- Large window in each room.
- Small but neat and workable bathroom.
- Free wireless internet.
- Free elaborate buffet breakfast.
- Efficient travel desk.
- 24 hours room service
- 24 hours coffee shop
- Efficient laundry.
They pay good attention to details like giving a bottle of water and fruits complimentary everyday. Provide some weekly magazines.

Lows:
- Bathroom could have been a little larger.
- Television could have been a little larger.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the corridors have windows on two walls though the view isn't anything great...
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I stayed at this property two nights on a business trip recently. The staff is very attentive and helpful. The rooms are neat/clean and comfortable. Nothing fancy but definite comfy! It's located fairly centrally too. The food variety is good, but their live counter dishing out appams was a plus. Their 24 hrs check in/out policy scores in my mind. All in all, was a pleasant stay.

1  Thank Wonderlust0710
Reviewed 1 March 2012

We flew into Madras at 4am from the US and were extremely exhausted with the two kids. The staff was efficient in getting us a great room. Upon arrival we all crashed in the comfortable room, but when our 10 month old woke up in an hour, I was glad to have the front room to close the door and let the others sleep.
The rooms were very clean and spacious. The staff was great about replenshing our water. The breakfast buffet was okay but the omelet and dosa station were excellent. The omelet chef makes the best masala omlettes and the dosa chef made my pudi dosa perfectly. We were quite pleased with the staff there as well.
Lastly, it was husbands birthday during our stay and I let the staff know and they went above and beyond with getting us a fantastic cake for my husband complimentary.
The only downfall of the hotel is that you cannot order beer/wine to your room and have to get it yourself. Overall, we would stay there again. Just a word of caution, there are two Residency hotels, one is this one and one is the Towers. Make sure you specify which one you want to go to.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I with my wife was on a pleasure trip down south. In Chennai I stayed in this hotel. It was a memorable experience because the moment the staff of the hotel knew that we were newly married, special attention was given to us to make our stay more comfortable. The rooms are really nice. The food in 'Spice Jar' restaurant offers a variety to choose from. Moreover all the shopping malls are nearby which was indeed a relief. This hotel can be referred to all whether on a business or a pleasure trip.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I came to know about The Residency from a business friend of mine. On my earlier visits to Chennai I used to book myself only in 5 star category. Since I had heard a lot about this hotel, I thought of giving it a try. True to my expectations it was a good experience. Moreover the 24hrs check in / check out policy for the business class seems to be very convenient. I would definitely recommend The Residency to many of Business friends.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the entrance have an excellent city view.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank 15111984_12
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I happened to know about The Residency from a close friend of mine, who traveled to Chennai a couple of months ago. We were actually skeptical to make a choice of staying in a hotel other than a five star, but whatever positive feedback given by my friend Roopa was true.
A clean hotel, friendly staff and tasty food. The hotel is ideally located near the Shopping center of the City. Over and above all this the Hotel has 24 hours check in /out which is very convenient.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family