We stayed at Footprint twice - we were only really visiting Chennai as a stopover on our way to the Andaman Islands. We stayed for one night on the way out and two on the way back. We had the same room on both occasions and were delighted with both stays.
Rucha had arranged for someone to collect us and drop us off at the airport, which was only about half an hour away. The room was lovely - good size, very comfortable bed, AC and a lovely little shower room. Not sure the location is perfect as it's a bit of a trek to get anywhere, but in fairness, we didn't explore a huge amount so there may well have been loads on the doorstep that we didn't know about.
The area appears to be where 'real' people live so tuk tuk drivers don't always know where the street is, but there are enough landmarks on the main road to jump out at and walk the final 2 mins down the street.
Rucha recmomended a restaurant nearby that was lovely and there are menus in the room so you can have food delivered if you so wish. Our final night we were leaving at about midnight so we had a pizza delivered early evening then had a kip before leaving, was just what we needed!
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Footprint.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Footprint is a private 6-room bed & breakfast located in a quiet, up-market residential neighborhood close to the Boat Club Area in South Chennai. Our B&B is located on the 2nd & 3rd floors of an eight-unit apartment building, situated just behind the ITC Park Sheraton Hotel. The character and interior design of Footprint is contemporary Asian - a fusion of the clean simple lines of Europe with the soft natural feel of South Asia. The rooms are spacious with generous beds, air conditioning, direct dial telephone, television with DTH cable, tea/coffee makers, and ensuite bathrooms. Our B&B is ideal for travellers who want an upmarket accommodation alternative without the stiff price tag of a luxury hotel. It is suitable for - expatriates or corporate travellers on relocation or temporary assignments, leisure travellers transiting through Chennai & corporate travellers. Footprint is open all year-round and available for short and long stays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Footprint Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Footprint Bed And Breakfast
- Footprint Hotel Chennai (Madras)