Amarjeet Hotel
Windamere Hotel(Darjeeling)
Viceroy Hotel(Darjeeling)
The Ivanhoe House(Darjeeling)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrailway stationhotel staffkurseongtoilethillviewhospitalitysofakolkata
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 March 2016 via mobile

The hotel is ok and nothing special that would enrich your stay and make it lively. The phone did not work intermittently. The staff was kind of orthodox and resistant to requests. During the whole tenure the room was never cleaned once. Moreover the bed had stains. The food was not upto the mark. Moreover, we went to enquire about various reserved site seeing packages available from the hotel and was surprised to see that the price quoted by the hotel authorities was exceeding the standard local rates by around 1500 to 2500 per package. Naturally we decided not to take the package and ultimately went on to book the packages directly from the driver whoch saved us around 3000 rupees. The glass in the hotel is transparent and being located in the middle of the town is very disturbing as there is no privacy unless you keep the curtain down always. Overall, the stay was not satisfactory.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2016 via mobile

Awesome Panjabi food. Best rooms. A must try is their crispy fried potatoes , tandoori stuff, dal makhni , malai koftas. The only drawback is that their restaurant is located with a bar. The bar is used by the locals and thus makes this restaurant unsuitable for family dinners if you don't wish to see alcoholic tomfoolery with your family on the other hand when in Rome.....

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Anshumanafsa
Reviewed 7 January 2016

Room was good; food was excellent; please try different cuisines as they have huge variety; location excellent; view from room great; room service good; staff behaviour very good; front office/reception friendly; all the staffs were always smiling; dog lover will get a surprise !!! Highly recommended for fooding and lodging in Kurseong....

Room Tip: Top Floor will give you the best view; Don't miss the delicious breakfast
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 November 2015

Great Property, Great Staff, Great Management and Great Food! That about summarises it all!
We were two couples, stayed at the Amarjeet for two days and we loved it. We booked the King Rooms. The rooms are spacious, nicely appointed and have a view of the valley. The two large windows in the rooms offer awesome view of the valley and it really is a lovely experience sitting on the bed or the sofa and looking out early in the morning and a having a nice cup of tea.

This brings me to the food! I regret that we did not try much of the menu. I can however vouch for the Aalu and Gobhi Parathas.. They are soft, yummy and served hot. I kicked myself for not trying those on the first day itself as we generally ate out. The tea is good and as I mentioned above, sipping tea while gazing at the valley is something I loved. Considering the yummy parathas, I guess, I will agree that the food is great at the Hotel. We also witnessed a full restaurant almost everyday for the duration of our stay.

Location wise, the hotel is situated bang on the road to darjeeling and is only about 2-3 min walk from the toy train station. The market starts just after the toy train station. So yes, the location is just perfect.

The ride to Darjeeling in the toy train is about 3 hours and it is a ride to be experienced at least once.

An important thing is that Water Supply in Darjeeling/kurseong is not a 24 hour affair, however, at the Amarjeet, 24 hours water supply - both hot and cold, are available.

The hotel is kept clean and maintained very hygienically.

The staff at the Amarjeet are courteous and friendly. They will help you plan your itinerary and the hotel has its own cabs which are used for sightseeing and also to provide pick up and drop facilities. There charges are reasonable and service provided is excellent. We used hotel cabs for all our sight seeing and travel requirements. And we were absolutely satisfied with the experience.

An incident I would like to recollect. We left for Gangtok on day 3 in the hotel's Innova and I forgot the lens cover of my Canon DSLR in the Innova when we disembarked in Gangtok. The lens cover went back to Kurseong and When I realised this I was dismayed. However, One phone call to Sandra, the lady at the help desk of Amarjeet brought my smiles back. She arranged the lens cover to be transported to New Jalpaiguri/Siliguri from where I could pick it up while leaving for Assam on my way back. This was arranged and executed and I got a call from Sandra that the lens cover was waiting for me to pick it up, IN LESS THAN 3 HOURS! We were pleasantly surprised with the service offered.

I have rated it both budget and luxury hotel coz the room charges were very affordable yet the rooms were of great quality. I felt awesome!

I would like to thank the Amarjeet for arranging a memorable stay for all of us.

Thanks a lot!

Room Tip: Choose the King Rooms if you love great nature views.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2015

There are two really good things about this hotel.
One - its location. Its located right on the main road and within 3 mins' walking distance from the railway station and 5 mins from the main bazaar area.
Two - the restaurant; it serves really yummy food at very reasonable prices. We were here for 2 days and tried a number of dishes - each one was excellent.
Go for the queen rooms at the front of the hotel, that way you can see the train engines chugging right below you.
The rooms and bathrooms are quite big, and quite clean. There is free wifi in the room, and its quite fast.
Only criticisms I have are - the wifi does not work after 10 in the night, there is no exhaust fan in the bathroom.
As an added bonus for animal lovers, there are a couple of very friendly dogs at the hotel.

Room Tip: Take the queen rooms, they are bigger and you can see the toy train engines from your bed
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family