Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 21-08-14
Expedia.comUS$75
PricelineUS$75
Trip.comUS$57
All reviews big ben victoria memorial business hotel business trip camac street walking distance excellent location heart of the city pleasant stay comfortable hotel room service is in room dining front office buffet breakfast courteous staff soni ambience
Selected filters
Reviewed August 26, 2020

had a wonderful stay at the Kenilworth, kolkata. a prime location walking distance to the main road and market. taxis are easily available. rooms and big and comfortable. staff is really polite and helpful. enjoyed the breakfast as well

Date of stay: December 2019
2  Thank Akankshaloves
Reviewed June 15, 2020 via mobile

All the embassies are within ~1 km radius from hotel. Highly recommended if visiting Kolkata for any VISA related work, to avoid any local commute.
Buffet breakfast has great variety and awesome taste.
Best thing about the hotel is its super polite staff and unmatchable hospitality.

Cons:
Rooms are somewhat smaller in size. It's like tried to fit too many rooms in small space.
Outside view for the rooms available on other side of the garden is not pleasant.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed April 25, 2020

The central location in Kolkata was handy for our relatives to come to the hotel to visit us. I had stayed here before and the staff even (Lisa) remembered what I have to drink when I last visited a year ago! Many staff, including the front desk manager (Mr Bajpai) and restaurant staff remembered me and gave myself and my father a very warm personal welcome, making us feel like there is nothing too troublesome for them to do for us. When we wanted to change rooms they were very flexible with us and gave us an excellent room rate. The room was very comfortable and the beds were probably the most luxurious in the city. I took my 88 year old father, who could speak the local language (even though english was spoken everywhere) to the spa and 3 staff took care of him in the massage spa room. I felt that I could trust them with my father. They even had a wheel chair to take him to the other side of the hotel to eat and bring him back. The other guest services lady (Soni) helped us with everything and she took a long time to help me get messsenger on my i phone so that i could communicate with relatives. Meeting her was one of the highlights of the trip. All of the staff made us feel relaxed, and most of the cafe staff remembered us and helped dad get on his feet after lunch! The other highlight was the housekeeping man who I remembered from last time. On my dads birthday, he put flowers and a towel arrangement on his bed. So wonderful and skillful! he took time to clean the rooms and was always there and the laundry was so excellently done and folded like last year. The spa massage was excellent and they all gave me a relaxing massage and then facial. Pampa and the other lady and staff were all helpful and gave excellent treatment! My father said that this trip was one of the best trips he has had. The telephone operator was so patient with dealing with our many incoming calls and called me darling which was so nice. It was my best hotel trip EVER and I am definately keeping in touch with the staff and staying there even instead of with my relatives-the service/staff is world class. Last year they kept our baggage for a few days when we went away and returned. Thank you Kenilworth we will not forget you and would like to keep in touch. I would recommend this hotel to anyone in the world-the food service and car service is the best that I have EVER experienced. Bless you all at the Kenilworth!

Room tip: Have a view of the lawn quite high up if you can. There are rooms with connecting doors which are excellent but book in advance.
Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed March 11, 2020 via mobile

We got best service by Ms.Nandita Mandal(GRE).She is very polite,soft spoken, helpful and we'll trained girl. Food is yummy and tasty. Ambience is very attractive of the hotel. All staffs are very helpful. We will definitely come next time. Specially thanks to Ms.Nandita.......

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Kenilworth71, Manager at Kenilworth Hotel, Kolkata, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2020

Dear Priyankav,

Greetings from The Kenilworth Hotel, Kolkata!
Thank you for choosing the Kenilworth Hotel and for the perfect rating. Thank you for the great review. We appreciate your positive feedback and we are happy to have delighted with our services.
We look forward to another opportunity of welcoming you and providing you with an above expectation experience.
As always, we value your patronage and appreciate your confidence and trust in us.

The Management, Kenilworth Hotel, Kolkata

Reviewed March 10, 2020

Had a lovely stay in kenilworth. Our room had a lovely view of the lawns.
The room was small but had all amenities and clean. The staff were very friendly.
My husband unfortunatel fell ill and they took good care.
All in all, a very good stay

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank padmart2002

Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Kenilworth Hotel, Kolkata!
Thank you for choosing the Kenilworth Hotel and for the perfect rating. Thank you for taking the time to share your kind comments . We are so happy to have delighted you with our services and that you enjoyed your stay. We are pleased to hear that our staff took good care of your husband when he fell ill.

The Management, Kenilworth Hotel, Kolkata