I stayed for 4 nights at Swissotel, during early March 2012, for a conference. The hotel is very close to the airport (10-15 minute drive), which is great for conference participants. It is, however, quite far from the city (45-90 minutes depending on where you wanted to go).
The hotel is in New Town, which used to be all fish farms until 10-15 years back. The surround area is not well-developed. Fortunately, the Swissotel is attached to a Mall, which provides options for food and shopping (mostly westernized stuff, hardly any local goods).
The rooms are not very large but very modern in decor and furnishings. Food is good, and there is little to complain about. I left at four-fifteen in the morning, and there were tea/coffee and snacks at the checkout counter for people who would miss the complimentary breakfast...a nice touch, I thought.
Overall, it was a pleasant experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Swissôtel Kolkata is one of the most luxurious addresses in the city of Kolkata which offers well-appointed leisure and business facilities. Boasting an under-one-roof concept, Swissôtel Kolkata has 147 contemporary guest rooms and luxury suites with spectacular Jacuzzis, four restaurants and bars, a fitness centre, a rooftop swimming pool, and over 1261 square meters of meeting space with the largest pillarless banquet in the city. The hotel is part of a new urban development with an attached mall featuring shops, restaurants and a multiplex cinema. Located in Rajarhat beside the IT hub, the hotel offers a distinct mix of leisure and business facilities, and is noted for its unique offering of Swiss hospitality and attention to detail. The award-winning rooftop Sky Lounge is the jewel of the hotel's three restaurants and bar, offering views over the city. An in-house nightclub with resident DJ attracts hip locals and guests alike. The sumptuous breakfast buffet offers a wide range of choices to energise your day.The business centre and two meeting rooms more than cover all your business needs. Over 1000 guests can be accommodated in cocktail/reception style in Bern, the largest pillar-free banqueting facility - and a team of event planners is on hand to help you hold the perfect wedding at Swissotel Kolkata. Swissotel Kolkata's alpine-inspired Purovel Sport offers you an exclusive ambiance in which to continue your exercise routine, with a fully equipped gym and a breathtaking infinity swimming pool on the roof.The hotel has separate smoking and non-smoking floors, there is free internet throughout except in the banquet areas, and secure parking is also available for your vehicle during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Fairmont Hotels, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Swissotel Kolkata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel Kolkata Hotel Kolkata (Calcutta)
- Swissotel Kolkata India/Kolkata (Calcutta), West Bengal