“Amazing place to unwind”

West View Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

A wonderful restaurant with a theme to help you unwind after a hard days work. The menu is brilliant and gives a lot of options to suit every palate and occasion. The live band was amazing and the bar complemented it really well. Chef Swanand was really warm and helped us decide our order and also threw in a few grilled dishes on the house. Overall it was an amazing experience and I would definitely look forward to visiting again. Good job team itc, and team West view.

Atul B, General Manager at West View Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2018

Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to note that you had a memorable experience at West View Bar & Grill, our award winning international Grill Room. Thank you once more for your valued comments, we look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed March 27, 2018 via mobile

This is one of the best restaurant in Kolkata. I visit there with my wife. We tried lots of dishes. All was testy. Nice one

Reviewed March 27, 2018

A Junior Sous Chef (Swanand Thipsay) partnering two Commis Chefs(Shyamal Parida and Joydeep Saha) created special moments for me; this was aided and abetted by Mathew Lepcha(Manager) and two Associates(Barista Arbin Thapa Magar and Goutam Dey).

The teetotaller guest in me had visited this bar, located at the lobby level, during the snacks period. (Presently staying in ITC Sonar, Kolkata. DOS: 25 to 31 March 2018).That too for a Sunbean Coffee. Chef Swanand hypnotised me by his articulate suggestive selling skills. I ended up interacting with the tasting menu rustled up by him and his two colleagues. Masterfully crafted delicacies indeed. I was also impressed by the elaborate spread of European cuisine. The concept of this F&B venue is very simple. Choose your own food. Get the Chefs grill them to your liking.

Mathew Lepcha started the game, by offering me the welcome drink. He is a very innovative thinker. It was a tender coconut based refreshing drink, most ideal to beat the heat. It was a rejuvenating sip with refreshing aroma and grassy sweetness.

Amuse Bouche, Appetiser, Soup and Pasta....all these were presented stylishly. Very inventive, resplendent presentation using modern plates in different colours. Good job Chef Swanand.

One bite wonder Amuse Bouche (“Smoked Asparagus Parfait with Balsamic caviar”) and Soup came from Chef Joydeep Saha. “Jerusalem artichoke and dark chocolate soup” was simply smooth and quite filling. I liked the idea of adding chocolate in soup. This is first time, I have heard of a soup with chocolate in it. The flavour of Jerusalem artichoke coupled with bitter-sweet notes from dark chocolate made the soup further distinct. Perfect example of the warmth of Italian cuisine.

Chef Shyamal Parida dished out a lipsmackingly delicious Appetiser, with a delightful crunch. Crumb fried cheese was crisp from outside. At the same time, molten inside. I liked the garnishing with White Asparagus (Remember, this is very expensive) and Zucchini-Beetroot dust. Appetiser came in a black plate.

Pasta was really a masterpiece. Chef Swanand’s creativity came out at its best. He gave a twist here with the local Gondhoraj lemon. The Pasta is made with activated charcoal. Stuffed with Mascarpone Cheese, local Lemon plus Hazelnuts. The zing of lemon cuts down and balances the creaminess of the mascarpone. I liked the lemon foam too. Swanand’s aesthetic sensibilities, culinary proficiency and brilliant presentation are commendable undoubtedly.

Enticing experience. Delicious delicacies. Personalised service. I am pleased that my time was well spent. A plethora of tasting experiences provided me with insights aplenty. Caring and considerate service.

Reviewed March 22, 2018 via mobile

Visited this restaurant with my friends. Had delicious foodsand we enjoyed a lot. Taste is fantastic and prices are moderate.

Reviewed March 3, 2018

The restaurant keeps its promises for fine dining experience.
All staff and chefs will make their best to make you enjoy your time.