“Terribly rude behavior”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Kickshaw Food & More
Reviewed April 8, 2017 via mobile

If you're ready to pay money in exchange for rudeness, come visit this place.

Kickshaw seemed to be a cosy little restaurant, and I started visiting the place on a regular basis for the past week or so for an afternoon cup of tea (priced at Rs.50). However, I'm never going to go back there ever again.

Normally there used to be little to no other customers apart from me during the time of my visit (2 pm or so), and I started enjoying my cuppa, being there for around 45-50 mins, while getting some work done using my notebook and pen. Until today! As I was told by the lady at the counter (the owner I suppose), that they can't allow me to occupy their seats for so long for such small bills.

Well, firstly, no other customer being around (and hence, lot of empty seats available), I never thought that I was hogging seats, thereby depriving others or impacting the business in any negative way. Also, it's not that I was sitting there for free. Secondly, someone needs to educate the owner regarding the fact that people visit coffee shops or restaurants not simply for the sake of having food/beverage, but also to enjoy the ambience and have a pleasant time.. and hence, are ready to pay the premium price that's charged. To me, these are the very basics of running a food business.

I have visited multiple food/beverage outlets around the world, both big and small, and nowhere I've seen the negative attitude that I experienced today from the owner at Kickshaw. In fact, there have been instances in the past where I became good friends with restaurant owners/managers, and later on had recommended those places to many of my colleagues, friends and relatives. But not Kickshaw! Sorry to say this, but it was a completely THUMBS DOWN experience for me.

Reviewed March 31, 2015

I am a regular visitor to the restaurant as I stay at Upohar. Today when I went to have icecream the boy at the cash counter was rude and said that, the management had instructed to collect taxes from the customer if they sit and have icecream. His way of speaking was very bad and I feel that the authority has open a shop and not a restaurant. I demanded for a notice where this instructions are mention but he did not have one .
I have decided not to go there and also would recommend other not to visit .

1  Thank Raj M