Othon Suites Recife Metropolis
US$76
  • Pool
Hotel ibis Recife Boa Viagem(Recife)(Great Value!)
US$61
  • Restaurant
US$96
US$86
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Manibu Recife(Recife)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$64
US$56
US$115
US$107
Pousada Villa Boa Vista(Recife)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$84
getaroom.com
US$82
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 January 2014

This is definitely a hotel for business trip. It is far away from the beach and touristic spots. The rooms are spacious and functional, although furniture is kind of old.
The check-in was quick. The check-out took a long time. It seems the girl who did it was lost using the system. My reservation was pre-paid, breakfast included, even though they charged me for breakfast. I complained about it, but they charged it anyway. Now the company responsible for the reservation is complaining with them.
Being a hotel good for business trip, it is odd there is no 24 hours room service. It finishes at 10:40PM.... I ordered a dish from the high-priced menu - spaghetti with tomato and shrimp sauce - and the attendant didn`t know what it was. I had to explained it was on the menu. The pasta was way over cooked, totally disgusting. The sauce was cold, tasted like nothing. There were very few tiny shrimps, no taste, with the shells ! It was like chewing straw bites.
The breakfast was good, with a Nespresso machine available, and tapiocas made at order. I would come back bcz it is convenient for my work, but would certainly skip the terrible food of the room service.
The mattress is good. The A/C is noisy and old. I tried to turn-it-off and open the window, but there were lots of mosquitos. They probably come from an empty area in front of the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Fabiano D, Gerente geral at Othon Suites Recife Metropolis, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2016

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Old, dirty, charmless, far from the beach, this decadent hotel is convenient just for people interested in visiting the American consulate or some hospitals in Recife. Staff is unfriendly; they tried to charge me thrice times the hotel fares, even being my room payed in advance. Breakfast is poor, and served in a depressing room. It was not my first time there, but now I gave up. Best to avoid.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Alvares-da-Silva

Reviewed 27 August 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 10 August 2013

This was a Businesstrip to Recife. As it already have been recommended to me from other Businesspartners, i did went into this Mercure Hotel and i can say, that it was a good Choice. It have a nice and cosy Design - i liked it. Top friendly Service there. Staff did speak good english and also they gave me few good Recommendation for some typical Restaurants in that Area. Also in that Area have been few very good Shops.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 June 2013

A typical Mercure hotel, quite spacious apartments and very clean. Shame the restaurant was closed for dinner but the room service was very good. Definitely will consider staying there again as it is in a quiet location and the breakfast was delicious!

• Stayed: June 2013