“Sleep”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Cullman
Reviewed 26 July 2016

Stop over for sleep only the room was reasonable but no frills or extras. I asked for an extra blanket clerk said they were all in the dirty laundry and would not be available till the next morning. The building seemed dated and the lady at the desk said the smell was because the place had been sprayed for bugs/spiders.

Room Tip: Sleep only
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn

Reviewed 18 June 2016

We were traveling stopped here just to sleep and move on to our primary destination. Check in was a breeze. No issues. Room was clean beds were okay I have had better but have also had worse. So would say average. Room fit our needs. Had a family of 8 in the room next to us. Had small kids could hear them crying out all hours of the night. walls were thin. also important to note - They did not have an elevator.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank MSMOMA42
Reviewed 8 June 2016 via mobile

Booked hotel on May 28,2016, was in a Softball Tournament; Tina told me I was guaranteed a room with a 2 double beds and a roll away bed for $79.99 and 10.00 more for the extra bed. Got to hotel on the 28, no reservation no room was being held for me. So I checked in as a walk in, so was also told again by another lady that we would have same thing, 2 double beds and a roll away bed. Went to dinner with team, came back around 9:30 to room. No roll away bed, went to office and was told they didn't think they had any left, but she couldn't check nor get anyone on phone. She was only one there and couldn't leave office with a unlocked safe to look for us a roll away bed. Finally found a bed at 11:30, that I had to carry down Afars to get to my room. Later that night found on my CC app showing 2 charges from hotel. Had other issues with same lady in office, while I was in there waiting for my bed, she checked in two other couples that returned to office within 5 minutes of checking in due to the fact they were given rooms that already had people in them. So finally on the 29th when I checked out, the owner was there; when I told Tina the GM that I wanted to see him I noticed that he was running out the back door of the office. Told Tina that I wanted to speak to him before lunch that day. An hour later Tina called me and said she talked to owner and they were refunding me all charges and the room was comped.
I got my CC statement and the charged me $88.86 for room, I called again and got owner this time; I was told by him he didn't charge me for extra bed and gave me 25% off room. But a rate of & $79.99 + tax - 25% off don't equal $88.86. I will never stay here again and advise anyone think about staying here, DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Scott C
Reviewed 6 June 2016

The gentleman that checked us in was VERY unprofessional. He had white, blonde hair just on the top of his head, had a tongue ring in that he kept playing with the whole time he was talking to me, and answered the phone while i was standing there being checked in, with which he was VERY rude to the person on the phone and then complained about them to me after he hung up. The room smelled highly of cigarette smoke when we got to it and the air conditioning did not work good at all so it was super hot in there the entire stay. We had told the cleaning people two days in a row more than 4 times each that we did not want our room cleaned and yet they kept coming back. One couple was very odd and made us very uncomfortable because while the woman was cleaning the room he would stand outside the door almost like he was watching for someone to come while she was stealing or whatever she was doing. Just not the greatest experience I have had that is for sure!!!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 April 2016

We've stayed here before several times on our way home to Indiana from Florida. It was normally a nice clean, staff friendly, just a nice place to spend the night. I don't know what has happened, maybe changed managers. The place is not what it used to be.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ed D
Reviewed 28 March 2016

I booked this hotel through Travelocity on 2-2-16 with a non-refundable reservation for the night of 3-19-16. It was a one night booking for 3 adults and 1 child in a single room with 2 double beds, for $69.52. The booking with Travelocity went great. I got the confirmation email, and my account was charged, just like the other 4 hotel bookings that I did that day for quality inns through Travelocity. That being said, we were running late in our driving schedule for the day and would be arriving some time between 10pm and midnight. So being courteous, I called the Cullman hotel at 5:30 pm to make sure everything was ok if we got in that late. I talked to a man who did not speak English very well and who had a very thick accent. I gave him my name and told him I had reservations for the night and we were running late. He told me "Everything ok, you be here before 2 am. yes." I said "yes, we will be there before 2 am." He said, "no problem, no problem". Ok, so far, so good, right?

We arrive at the establishment at 11:30pm. We are all tired and wanting to go to sleep. I went to the desk to check in while my family is gathering their things out of the car for the night. There is a young lady at the desk who is trying to complete her evening paper work. I give her my name, ID and a copy of my reservation from Travelocity. She thanks me and was very pleasant. She says she can't find me in the system and has to call "Gina", whoever that is. She apologizes profusely for the time and inconvenience and explains that she is new there as she is waiting on the phone for "Gina" to respond. After a long deration of instructions from "Gina" and this poor lady at the desk making many scowling faces at her computer. She got us checked into room 119 and I signed the room agreement advising that there would be additional charges if I had pets or smoking in the room. It is now 12:30 am and my family has been standing around for an hour with bags in hand and I know we have to be up and gone by 8am to drive another 12 hours to our next reservation. We are all tired and cranky and move to the room to get settled in for a short night.

First, my husband finds that the toilet is plugged. So I went off to the office to get a plunger. I was not mean or rude with the new lady. It is not her fault that the toilet was not attended to when the room was last cleaned. She was still on the phone and trying to get her papers done again. She had to ask the person on the other end of the line were to find a plunger. I also asked for an extra towel and a trash bag to clean up the floor incase we made a mess with the plunger and the bag to put it all in. She found these things and again she apologized over and over for the inconvenience.

I got back to the room and handed the plunger towel and bag to my husband. Then I started checking the beds. One of the blankets had a big spot if pizza cheese stuck to it and one of the pillows had a big hole in it and was leaking stuffing. I took these to the office. Again, interrupting the lady at the desk and her paper work and phone call. She had to ask where to get the bedding and pillow from. She presented me with the items and again apologized for the waiting and inconvenience. This is when I asked her if she knew what had happed that we had had to wait to check in earlier. She said that some how our reservation had been marked as a "no call/no show". I asked how this could be when we had called at 5:30 pm and said we would be late and everything seemed to be fine at that time. She said she did not know how it happed and again she apologized. I got back to the room and we all settled in and got off to sleep at about 1:30am.

We got up at 6am, did our morning routine, went to the continental breakfast, and everyone loaded into the car as I went to the desk with the room keys to check out at about 7:45am. I handed the room keys to an Indian man who had a thick accent and didn't speak English very well. He sounded like the same man I had talked to on the phone the night before. He looks on the computer and says I was not here, and did not pay. I showed him my reservations and ID and explained that I had called yesterday and talked to someone who sounded much like himself. I explained that when I talked to that person they had insisted everything was ok and I could check in anytime before 2 am. I also explained my whole situation the night before with the room and having to wait for an hour to get checked. and my displeasure in the services. After he reviewed the reservation papers that I still had with me, he asked to see my credit card that I made the reservations with. He could not find the papers I had signed the night before and he insisted that I had never paid for the reservations or had any in the system. Then he proceeded to tell me that I should never use Travelocity for bookings and I should call him at the hotel next time to make my booking. He could not seem to figure out how I was charged $69.52. He said this was all wrong and the tax was not right and he had to reenter everything. I am getting fuming mad because I just went over this the night before with the new lady and "Gina" on the phone. Now I am doing it again to check out!!! All I can think is "Damn! This is a hotel. It is their business to take care of reservations and booking and if they are using outside services like Travelocity they should know how this works. IT IS THIER PRIMARY JOB AND SERVICE for crying out loud!!!" So here I am waiting for another 45 minutes and loosing time to drive to my next reservation. And on top of all that he is telling me not to use a booking service because he can not figure out tax!!!! REALLY!?!?!??! I lost my patience with him and walked out telling him he needed to call Travelocity and figure it out. It was not my problem!!! It is now almost 9am and I am already starting out late to get to my next hotel reservation on a very long day of driving on very little sleep. I am not happy to say the least.

With that I think I am done with these people and can enjoy the rest of my vacation. Oh no, that is not the case. Later that week on Wednesday I was at the Museum of science and industry with my family. I order lunch for us and try to pay with my card. The lady says politely that my card was declined and I should call my bank. In the mean time my husband pays with his card. And I call my bank. My bank tells me that I am over drafted on my account. I am very shocked because I know I have about $150 dollars left for gas and food. All of my reservation are prepaid so it is just down to extra spending money. My phone is not very high tech so I can't check my account right then and there, but I do as soon as we get back to our motel on my tablet. And what do I find?? Quality Inn Cullman AL charged me 3 times on 3-20-16 $63.20, $63.20, $69.52. What on earth!!!! So I call the hotel I explained again what happened and that I was not at all happy with their establishment. The lady I talked to had a heavy accent, but her English was better than the man that I had previously talked to. I told her all of the dates and transactions that were on my account including the reservation date in February. She again insisted that I should have made my reservations with the hotel themselves instead of going through an outside company. She also said that I needed to call Travelocity and have them call her at the motel. I was quite angry, but I called Travelocity anyway. I explained to the representative about all that I had gone through so far with these people. And the issue I was having with them now. The representative put me on hold and called the hotel to talk to them personally. Then the representative came back to me and said that I now needed to call the hotel and talk to them again and they would make it right. So I call them and again get the lady with the accent. She says she talked to Travelocity and I had a no refund booking so she was going to give a return of one rooms rental and this was all I was entitled to.

I was not having any of it. I could not talk to these people any more. I told the lady that she owed me 3 nights not just one and if she didn't get this fixed correctly then I would be getting my refunds through my bank when I get home or taking them to small claims court. Either way, she was not going to get away with charging me for a total of 4 nights when I only stayed one.

At the current date 3-28-16, I have received credit for 2 charges. They still owe me $63.20 at the current time. If I do not see this credit by Wednesday I will be putting in a claim with my bank.

In any case, I do not recommend making reservations at this hotel. It might be ok if you are just stopping by for a night without a reservation, but beware and check the linens.

Stayed: March 2016
Reviewed 26 March 2016

Horrible experience! Check in was long and frustrating. The owners were rude to the lady in training trying to help me. I told them my husband would be staying a couple of days while we were doing renovations on my house. He works nights and would be sleeping during the day. The first day was ok other than the sink was stopped up and the shower was super slippery from the cleaner not being rinsed off good. Day 2 was HORRIBLE!! For some reason they called the room nonstop trying to see if they needed to clean. Then when none answered they came and banged on the door for 45 minutes. All of this while someone is trying to sleep and the DO NOT DISTURB was hanging on the door. We tried to talk to the front desk and they threatened to call the police. We tried to call the 800 number to get credit since we only used the room about 14 hours instead of the intended 48. The hotel told corporate that there was a physical alteration which there was not and complained that my husband had a bowl of cereal 30 minutes after breakfast closed. Honest mistake. The owner said that since we complained on them they complained on us so corporate couldn't help with the issue. I will NEVER stay at or recommend this hotel or a choice hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo