Review Highlights
If you are near this monument you must go because there is a great strange reason for it

I'm not going to give away the reason for this monument but if you are in Enterprise you need to... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
TheTikiTravelPlanner
San Antonio, Texas
Been visiting the Monument since the 60's.

Half my family is from Enterprise AL (is still there). So every time I visit town I stop by to see... read more

Reviewed 5 weeks ago
fuvest
Los Angeles, California

All reviews middle of the road cute shops photo opportunity local economy small statue worth a stop busy intersection bug cotton agriculture history americana boil homage alabama poverty
Reviewed October 12, 2016

Never seen a monument to a Boll Weevil. How could anyone visit Enterprise and not go to this unique display. You can't miss it.....right in the center of town. Watch out for traffic in both directions. Everyone we talked to said when you are in Enterprise go see this monument. It will give you bragging rights. We have been traveling for years and this certainly was a 1st for us.

Reviewed September 7, 2016 via mobile

So, the monument isn't really a tourist destination. It's no Statue of Liberty or anything remotely close. It's a monument in the middle of the road that pays homage to the boll weevil. It's worth a drive through town, if you're in the area. It's interesting and quirky, which I highly enjoy.

Reviewed August 23, 2016 via mobile

It's a pretty cool monument but lacks access and not large enough to warrant any kind of awe factor. I can only imagine that this would be an ideal Pokemon stop, so it may get a boost of visitors and perhaps the city can enhance the display with a light show or decorations throughout the year to entice visitors to the area. I'm pulling for the city of progress as I just purchased my first home here.

Reviewed August 21, 2016

Visited friends for dinner and walked around the town. In the center of the main street there is a statue of a lady holding up a boll weevil. This was fun as to do. Just a little ole' boll weevil. This is one of those things you do so that you can tell others you had your photo taken with a boll weevil statue - too funny.

Reviewed August 20, 2016 via mobile

Enterprise has a lovely Downtown from the streets adorned with the American Flags and hanging planters.

Cute shops, Boil Weevil Monument, Building Murals, and cute Restaurants.

It is quaint and lovely!