“Great Meal and Freshest Sushi Around”
Review of Master Joe's

Master Joe's
Ranked #8 of 120 Restaurants in Fairhope
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Master Joe's is the leading sushi restaurant in the area. Established in 2009, it has continuously been voted Best Restaurant on the Eastern Shore and Best Sushi for the entire Mobile Bay and Gulf Shores area by the local magazine "Laniappe". Joe's is located in the heart of downtown Fairhope. The long bar and banquette seating give a sence that you have been transported out of this quiant town and into the big city. The modern decor compliments the casual style. Joe Ou, owner of Master Joe's, and his crew of extremely talented chefs settle for nothing less than perfection. With an extensive array of sushi and other Japanese cuisine there is something for the adventurous and novice alike.
Reviewed June 16, 2017

Try Master Joe's if you enjoy fresh cut sushi and really unique dishes. This is a fine restaurant and provides great service and tastes. It is not large and does not take reservations so you might have to wait for a table but it is the freshest Sushi that you will find in the area. We found it a really good value. Not cheap but reasonable for the quality and service.

Reviewed June 4, 2017

Nice, but disappionted that they stretch out their seaweed and octapus salads out, by placing it on top of a bed of romaine lettuce. It's much better served alone. I did enjoy the shrimp undon noodle stir fry and it was very good. My husband was disappionted in the price of the sushmi platter and did not order. Seemed very over priced for what he was told he would get. We are used to great sushi and suhimi on our Gulf Coast of Mississippi,and this did not live up to our standards. Ordered eggrolls too, they were good but small, but good tasting rolls. I will say our server was kind and friendly. And made us feel welcome.

Reviewed May 30, 2017

Try the Russian Revolution and Titanic, you will not be disappointed; very creative rolls- one even with cheddar cheese! Cheese rolls with crabmeat are delicious; great service, lovely presentations and very, very busy, so plan ahead.

Reviewed May 24, 2017 via mobile

First off I would be willing to give them a break on the service since when I walked in every table was packed and no one had food. That being said I sat at the bar and the bartender was more interested in talking with her coworkers and eating her salad, that she kept in the fridge with the wine. That being said the sushi is worth it. I had the Russian revolution and it's a must have for sure. Also this place is small, so it's loud. Forget having a conversation with anyone unless you want to yell at them. All in all I will come back and hope the service is better. The fastest the bartender moved was to give me my check

Reviewed May 7, 2017 via mobile

You will see why this place is extremely popular once you get inside. It's not a large restaurant and it can get pretty loud due to its size, but don't let that turn you off. Food & drinks are amazing. Great Happy Hour type atmosphere