All reviewsfront deskbasketball tournamentcracker barrel next doorroom was cleanoutlet mallwould definitely stay here againvery nice hotellambert's cafehotel breakfastlocation is greatbiscuitsacross the streetpool and hot tubfree breakfastshopping and restaurantsbusiness centervisiting family
Reviewed August 6, 2017 via mobile

Showed up to check in for our reservation. Desk clerk said there are two problems. Your credit card is declined, I canceled your reservation, and there's no rooms for you tonight. Then he said I don't think you're an employee.
As an employee, I knew better. I rebooked and using my IGH account, which is attached to my checking account. Immediately everything went through. I got my room. I'm glad I didn't know anybody there in line, because he said my credit card was declined very loudly. That was on August 5, and the time was about 9:00 PM

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wm G
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Foley, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2017

Hello Wm G,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns while being our guest at our hotel. I am sorry to hear about your experience at our property due to the services received at check in. Please accept our deepest apologies for any shortcomings our front desk has provided. Your feedback is important as it enables us to check certain gaps and take the appropriate actions to avoid similar situation to occur. I assure proper retraining will be done. Again, we appreciate your post and we hope to have a chance to provide you a better stay.

Zel N.

Reviewed August 4, 2017

The hotel was clean and reasonably priced for the date and location. The wifi was hit or miss. The staff was wonderful and friendly. The breakfast was almost a full breakfast and was very good. Nice place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2017 via mobile

We drove from Louisiana to Foley for the weekend and lets just say it wasn't pleasant... the checkin process was smoothe... we got in our room and did a walk through and the tub was DIRTY... we only had two pillows and the light bulbs were out in two lamps... called and complained to front desk she said she would call house keeping to come to our room. house keeping knocks on our door WITH A NASTY ATTITUDE asking if we called about our tub i said yes i then asked the nasty mannered human if they had sent her with pillows and towels and her response was "nope" she goes in the bathroom for every bit of 2 minutes and walk out without saying anything... THE TUB WAS NOT TOUCHED... if it wasnt for my husband I would have stopped her in her tracks instead he said not to worry about it being that we had driven 4 hours to get there we would just go get a tub matt... we then get back to the room and still theres only TWO PILLOWS called front desk she asked that we walk down to get the pillows because housekeeping was now "off" ...ok whatever same thing happned the next day we leave for lunch come back and the most housekeeping has done was made the bed and ONLY left us with two big towels no wash cloths no medium sized towels....at this point im fed up but of course again we have to go downstairs to get more towels because NO ONE is available to bring them to us... this was our first and sad to say but our last time staying there. thanks but no thanks

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chasity B
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Foley, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2017

Hi Chasity B,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for writing a review about your experience. It is regrettable that we were not able to execute an exemplary hotel stay experience due to the unsatisfactory service received, poor cleanliness, and lack of room amenities. We are committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. I am sorry that our hotel fell below your expectations.

We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Best Regards,

Tracy V.

Reviewed June 7, 2017

To save a few dollars (over $100) stay here vs on the beach if its just a quick trip as mine was. Only takes 7 minutes to get to beach and this hotel is very nice.

Morning breakfast was Very slow--out of coffee and eggs for over 10 minutes and it wasn't that busy. Unlike other Holiday Inn Express locations I didn't see the team members in the breakfast area interacting with anyone--maybe they were getting coffee and food:-)

Clean room and comfortable bed--highly recommend!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed June 6, 2017 via mobile

The good:
Location is great as it is close to Shopping, dining and 20 min to the beach.
The rooms are average in size and cleanliness.

The bad:
Water leaked inside the room from the top of the window. There were fresh tracks of wet spots in the ceiling and the wall.

We let the front desk know about it. It was 10pm as we just got back from the Wharf and was very tired. We were told that they will let the maintenance know. We asked to be moved to another room but we were told that there were no more rooms available. We waited for the maintenance but nobody came. My wife followed up at the front desk and was told don't worry about it. How can we not worry about it. We are paying $159 per night. This is our first night. There will be 2 more nights to go. We expect a room worth the price we are paying. We don't expect to have water falls inside the room. My wife requested additional towels at the front desk and she was asked by the front desk personnel...."Already?" Well, we had to use our towels to keep the water from dripping all over the place. I hope it will not rain in the next 2 days if water will keep dripping in our room when it rains. I will keep updating our experience in the next 2 nights. I hope their management is reading this and can do something to live up to their Hospitality promise: "Making your stay a complete success is our goal. Just let our manager on Duty or front desk staff know if any part of your stay isn't satisfactory. We promise to make it right or you won't pay for that part of your stay." Well this part of stay has not been satisfactory. We have reported to the front desk and nothing happened so far. We'll see what will happen in the next 2 days.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Foley, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2017

Hello Explorer7375,

Thank you for staying with us and for enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. While I am pleased to know that you found our location great and rooms clean, I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. I am sorry for to hear about the room leakage you have experienced that negatively affected your stay. As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns. Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort. We look forward to having the opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel in the near future.

Krysllin G